Wyze Headphones cutting out

Did you miss the part where the Beta doesn’t fix the crashing issue. Well, supposedly it does IF it crashes when you get a phone call. That’s it!!!

I’m using the Beta and it didn’t fix anything for me. In fact, I was using it last night on my Windows 10 Desktop, and I turned OFF Bluetooth on both my iPhone and iPad. These are the only 3 things I’ve ever used the Headphones on. So that left ONLY my Windows 10 Desktop to connect to them. A Single connection, and guess what, CRASH, CRASH, CRASH, CRASH, CRASH, CRASH. Around the 20 minute mark. I was writing down the times right after they crashed from my watch. Those times are written down at home, which I can’t see right this minute.

1 device or 2 connected devices. It sure doesn’t seem to matter to me. Using them are so, so, so annoying. They crash, boot up, and then it takes a little bit before they connect back up to my computer. So I have to pause that and go back some that I couldn’t hear. Wait for them to connect, and then I can start playing the video once again.

No need to be in rush for the Beta as it’s not going to fix your crashing. It just fixes crashing during a phone call which had NEVER been an issue. All my crashes and not a single phone call. Supposedly the Beta would be released to all in a week. So it should be out for everyone sometime this week. Not that it matters. To me, it’s as worthless as these headphones. Headphones they seem to be in no rush to actually FIX. They’re to busy rushing out a bunch of other stuff.

I’m here pretty late, but I have experienced this problem on 7 (yes, SEVEN) different sets of headphones and it has gotten so bad that now they won’t even play sound unless they’re connected to my iphone.
I used to pair them with my tv, computer, apple tv, or any other device I could use them on because I enjoy the sound cancelling, but the rebooting or just plain not working has gotten to the point where I will not buy any more wyze products until they fix this problem. I usually preorder every item and I want so bad for Wyze to succeed, but this is just out of hand.

2 Likes

Has anyone thought that the issue could be the device you’re connecting to ie old outdated devices with old versions of Bluetooth? Updating Bluetooth drivers on your PC/MAC etc. I admit initially connecting to two phones and a PC gave undesirable results but I’ve scaled it down to one phone and my PC. I also upgraded from the Pixel 4a to Samsung S21 and had had a better time. I can do calls with better quality on my laptop vs my old PC with a Bluetooth dongle getting static or people complaining my voice is low. Another successful session is with my new Samsung S21 and laptop little to no issues. Granted I’m not on a conference call past 30min to an hour but I’ll keep testing.

I’d try using one Bluetooth device if you’re really struggling and consider the age of the device and/or driver to determine headphones vs other variables.

[Mod Edit] Tell me, why should the Headphones CRASH because of some old Bluetooth device?

My Second Generation iPad Pro 12.9" is not old. my iPhone XS is not old. My Bluetooth device installed on my PC is not old. [Mod Edit] Tell me, why do my Air Pod’s and Air Pod Pros have ZERO issues with these 3 devices? Not a single crash!!! [Mod Edit]

As I’ve stated, My Headphones were linked to 3 devices, 2 of them with the Bluetooth turned completely OFF, so 1 device only and it’s still crashing!!! I’m on ZERO calls and getting crashing approx every 20 minutes.

Last night,
6:07P Crash
6:27P Crash
6:52P Crash
7:14P Crash
7:34P Crash
7:58P Crash

Trying to watch youtube on my Windows 10 PC this time. With Bluetooth turned off on my iPhone and iPad. 1 Connection only and ZERO calls of any type.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

1 Like

[Mod Edit]

Yes you should expect a poor experience when using old versions of technology it’s a given. Granted you have newer equipment but to expect things to work like you think it should [Mod Edit]. Not all Bluetooth is equal.

And for the record my statement was for general population not a response to you [Mod Edit]

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

Some posts were removed or edited that did not follow the Community Guidelines. Please flag posts that violate the guidelines so the moderators can respond appropriately.

Key points from the guidelines to keep in mind:

• Remember to criticize ideas, not people
  • Please avoid name-calling
  • Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream
  • Keep posts relevant to Wyze

Important sections:

Always Be Civil

Somtimes We Disagree

1 Like

You are just full of excuses. The simple fact is the Headphones should NEVER crash over a normal Bluetooth connection. This is not some new, tech thing. Really, they should just never CRASH, but things do sometimes happen. Crashing every 20 minutes? No, completely unacepable. Tell me why my AirPod’s have NEVER, EVER Crashed??? Not my Air Pods, and not my Air Pod Pro’s, and using them with the same Windows 10 Desktop!!! Same iPhone, Same iPad?

In fact, I’ve been using Bluetooth Headphones since my iPhone 4 days, and even all those cheapo Headphones in the past NEVER CRASHED!!! I know how things are supposed to work. You on the other hand don’t or you are really just like to make excuses for Wyze. Bluetooth is a standard. This issue should have been fixed long ago.

The fact as I see it, WYZE is focused on a bunch of other products. Quite a few new things which have been released since the headphones came out, and I’m sure a bunch of other new things yet to be announced. Leaving few if anyone looking into fixing anything around here. It seems these days that people have a short attention span, and want to move onto the newest thing. It’s been a big issue with Google over the years. Looks to be the same with Wyze. It’s going to backfire.

At some point when you have issues with a Wyze product. You’ll sit there quietly waiting for a fix that may never come. Just make excuses to yourself why it’s not working as it should. I’d be on your side, but since you wouldn’t be posting your Negative Product comment here, I guess I won’t have any need to agree with you.

I’m looking at these WYZE headphones next to me, and thinking, what a waste. That I wish I could use them. That this second pair is just as worthless as the original pair I returned. How I wish I could use them. How I tried using them on my iPad a few days ago with Bluetooth off on my iPhone and my Windows PC powered down and still Crashing. That is 1 Device. 1 pretty NEW device. When I’m on my PC, it’s easy to write the crash times down as I have a pen and paper right there. Not something I normally have around me with the iPad. I guess I could use an app to put the times in, but I’m trying to stay on 1 app and doing nothing else. Or the other time, my iPad Bluetooth is OFF, my WIndows 10 Desktop of shut down, and I’m onmy iPhone mowing by lawn and the headphones are crashing then also.

I’m happy for you that they are working just fine. Well unless you are using 2 devices. But you have no problem living with the bug. If only it didn’t crash with 1 device for me, it wouldn’t be so bad. Luckily I have my Air Pod Pro’s and they NEVER crash. It’s Amazing, same old Bluetooth, no crashing. But hey, I’m glad you can live with the bug and make excuses for Wyze.

WOW, 7 pairs with this issue. That has to be a record for 1 person. It’s just 2 for me.

I just got WYZE hand Held Vacuum which I had Pre-ordered. But I haven’t Pre-Ordered or gotten anything since I made that Pre-Order. I’m done with buying anything from WYZE until they FIX their products. I think Wyze kind of over hyped their hand Held Vacuum, but it seems to work just fine. So I have no problem saying Positive or Negative things about any product. I have their Robot Vacuum and it’s been working pretty good. It’s mostly positive I have a couple outdoor Cam’s which have been working good for me. Those have been getting updates once in a while. My V3 and V2 cameras have been working good. My Scale has been problem free. I have one of their Light Bulbs still in the box. I’m sure I’m forgetting a few things.

So I have quite a few Wyze Products. But the headphones have been complete junk since day 1. I’m with you on not buying anymore Wyze Products. it’s like they just don’t care. How long do we have to put up with this? I think they came out Late September 2020. I had Preordered them also. So it’s been 8 months of crashing!! 8 months!!! 4 more months and it’ll be a YEAR OF CRASHING!!! Does this sound like a company that cares? This is a simple question. Does Wyze Care?

Right now it just looks like they’re throwing out a bunch of stuff and seeing what sticks. I gave up on them for Homekit support. It is what it is. 8 months of crashing on the other hand is completely different. There is zero excuses for that.

7 Headphones, Ya, that is crazy. It goes to show it’s not so much a hardware issue as it is a software issue. It’s something with their software and some types of hardware that triggers this crashing. I’ve owned many Bluetooth headphones over the years and none of them ever crashed that I recall. If one of them did, it was a rarity that I don’t remember.

I’m using a few year old Bluetooth USB dongle on my Windows 10 PC. It’s from Kinivo. In fact it’s this.

That’s my Bluetooth for my Windows 10 Desktop, plus my iPad 12.9" Second Gen, and my iPhone XS. They crash on all 3 of them. Even with a single connection. The other 2 devices powered off or Bluetooth turned off. CRASH, CRASH, CRASH, CRASH, CRASH, CRASH.

I also stopped recommending them to anyone months ago. I state why that is. I wish I could give them a big thumbs UP, but I can’t do it. 7, WOW!!!

Do you own a bunch of WYZE Stock. I do have another pair, it’s called Air Pod Pro’s which don’t crash.

A number of people have the same issue as I do. I’m not going to run away. Who is getting help with this issue? This issue has been around since they launched. Can we expect it to get fixed in a year, If ever??? Only YOU are bringing up the whole OLD excuse B.S Are Wyze headphones so fragile that they just crash on anything that might be Semi old? Is that what you are saying as I find that laughable.

So WYZE should just tell everyone, If your device is more than 1 year old, don’t buy WYZE Headphones, they’ll CRASH on your old hardware!!! There problem solved. Now Wyze just needs to change its marketing. Don’t buy Wyze Headphones if your hardware is more than a year old as it’s to old and will CRASH. Let me know when they update their web page letting people know not to use their so-called OLD hardware as they risk them crashing. I’m finding this kind of hilarious now.

Bluetooth is a standard. There is zero excuses for the headphones to still be crashing like they have since launched. If it was some type of older Tech issue, why would they even connect, let alone work just fine for 20 minutes??? No, I should NOT expect a poor expectance. That is not a given. Where do you come up, I can’t even say it here.

Somehow every other Bluetooth Headphones I use work just fine and NEVER crash. I can only assume according to you, that the Wyze headphones are fragile junk! Maybe that’s it. That all it takes is a little old hardware and they just crash, crash, crash.

Wyze needs to fix their marketing once again. Wyze has such NEW and Amazing Bluetooth with their headphones, they’ll crash unlike any other Bluetooth headphones out there being sold.

WARNING, Not to be used with Semi old hardware or you can expect crashing. Our Headphones are Fragile.

So I’ll be 100% quiet and never mention this again as soon as that Warning or something similar is posted on Wyze Headphones listing. Let me know when that happens. I just checked, Ops, Got mine in Early Dec 2020. So it has been 5 months of CRASHING since day 1. Using them seems so much longer. Not in a good way!!!

1 Like

What are the chances that I get sent a replacement device and it does the same thing?

Based on my experience, the chances are 100%.

1 Like

Well, my replacement Headphones did the exact same thing. To this day, this second pair is still crashing!!! If you are having crashing issues currently, getting another set, I doubt will stop it from happing on the new pair.

There is something going on that we have that is causing the headphones to crash. It shouldn’t do this. None of my other Bluetooth headphones crash with the exact same hardware being used. WYZE seems to be in no hurry to fix their worthless headphones. I still only pull them out to use when I’m mowing my lawns for the ANC and the fact since they’re large, I’m not going to lose them in the lawn in they fell off. Of course, they still crash. It’s only a crash or 2 I have to deal with before I’m done mowing the front and back lawn.

I can almost guarantee that another yet is going to start crashing on you!!! You might just learn 1 single device and that’s IT, and so long as you don’t try to teach anything else to connect to them, they may not crash? But if you think you now want to use it on such and such, you’re now screwed and back to crashing. It’s something to do with more than 1 connection it’s learned and what type of devices it’s trying to connect to, maybe?!?!

I got mine in Dec 2020, they started crashing the first time I started using them. It’s now June 3rd. We are at the 6 months of crashing point and not getting fixed. I’ve sent WYZE a crash report log. I sent an Audio clip of what is happening as I hear it crash. Still nothing!!!

Wyze is to busy I guess to fix their older products and just throwing out random things these days to see what sells. I got their hand vacuum. I Pre-Ordered that like most things. I refuse to buy anything else from WYZE until my Headphones are fixed. I have a bunch of Wyze devices. Too bad, I have their worthless Headphones.

We’re now in the middle of July. It’s been 6 months now and these headphones still crash at around the 20-minute mark over and over and over again. Wyze Headphones are complete CRAP. They have no interest it seems in fixing the bug. They just keep on throwing out new products like the new light strips I see, which I refuse to buy. I have refused to buy any new Wyze product. The last thing was the hand vacuum which I had Pre-Ordered.

They clearly don’t care about their customers. They never seem to respond to me. I haven’t recommended them to anyone in months. I just tell people to not buy this garbage. That is what it is, Garbage. Worthless!!!

I got a replacement Headphone and it was doing the exact same thing. I got my first paid back in Dec 2020. It’s now been about 8 months and Wyze has done exactly NOTHING to fix these junk headphones. They don’t seem to care. There hasn’t been a firmware update since I guess May that fixed a bug that caused the headphones to crash during a call. Who had that error?!?!?! But this crashing around the 20-minute mark over and over and over again is still happening.

I stopped recommending these things months ago. They are junk. I also stopped buying any new Wyze Hardware. My last thing is their Hand Vacuum that I had Pre-Ordered, I have a bunch of Wyze products. There’s a number of their new products I would have gotten and again, refused to buy any of them, Why when WYZE really doesn’t care??? They just keep throwing out more and more stuff and not fixing what has been released already.

If your headphones are crashing, getting them replaced is not likely to fix the issue. Better off to return the junk and get your money back.

Still no Firmware update. Headphones are still garbage. WYZE doesn’t seem to care!!! Still Crashing after 9 months and not doing anything.

Im about to hit my wit’s end with this product. This exact same thing is happening ALL THE TIME. It makes me look and sound SO embarrassing in my meetings. WYZE PLEASE PRIORITIZE THIS!

YEP, well I’ve been waiting for a fix since last December. I got my Headphones replaced as I figured it must be defective. The new pair which I still have is just has bad. So it’s been 9 months and still no patch. I’ve sent crash reports and other things, and explained what is happening. Even send a sound clip of it happening. Still no fix.

I’ve been using Bluetooth Headphones for years, since my iPhone 4 days and I never had this kind of issue. I have some AirPod’s Pro currently and they don’t crash!!! The Wyze headphones are CRAP. A number of people have this issue. Wyze is to busy throwing out every other kind of product they can think of instead of fixing what they already released. I have a lot of Wyze products and would be buying more but I’ve completely stopped buying any Wyze products at this time.

Wyze just doesn’t seem to care. But hey, now you have some headphones that crash approximately every 20 minutes!!! My suggestion is to return the garbage!!! You don’t want to be waiting, 6 to 9 months like myself with no hope of a fix in sight.

I have given up on Wyze and moved on. Their headphones are just sitting on a shelf while I use my Monoprice headphones or my Airpods Pros. The Wyze headphones are very comfortable…but have unacceptable performance.

1 Like

I don’t know but the issue on my headphones is just increasing wildly, now whenever “Its my life it’s no asdlkfjqoweifasodi ver” Turns to “It’s my aslkdfjqowiejfaslodijcaowsieja;osidjfa;oiseja;oifjaws;oejfoasiejfoaejf” Stop bye.

I also noticed this issue last week…Maybe the last firmware update broke something? I only use these at night for streaming…I use Professional headphones for my work…JBL, Focal. It’s the price of doing business with Wyze so no lost to me.