Wyze Headphones cutting out

So I’m using my Wyze Headphones today for the longest period and I notice that they keep cutting out. I’m linked to my Windows 10 computer over Bluetooth. Watching some Netflix, and every 10-15 minutes maybe, it makes this buzz sound and disconnects, and then says Power On Connected and a few seconds after that, repeats, Power On connected and then I get my Audio back. I saw there was a firmware update and so I downloaded it, It’s showing version 2.1.112 currently.

It’s getting a little annoying.

Update, So it was connecting to my iPad first which is where it would get the first connected message, and then my Windows 10 PC. So I removed it from the iPad to only connect to the PC.
So I’ve been writing the times down every time I get this Buzz sound after a few seconds I get Powered ON message and a few seconds more and it then says Connected. It repeats every 20 minutes. I don’t get it.

I’m going to link it to my iPad again and try only that a little later and see if I have the same results.

5 Likes

Update, was using them with my iPad. My windows 10 computer off. So this was the only connection and guess what, same exact issue. Every 20 minutes I get this buzz sound, I lose my audio. A few seconds later I get a power in message and a free seconds later I get connected and then that audio works once again for another 20 minutes!!!

I never get any type of power off message unless I turn it off myself. It’s like every 20 minutes it crashes, and record with power on and turn connected!!!. I’m writing down the times every time it crashes and is in 20 minutes periods. I can just see the time, figure 20 minutes in the future is this time and will crash and sure enough it does it once again.

So the exact same issue on both my iPad and my windows 10 desktop. Clearly it’s a wyze headphone issue. These things are brand new and hardly been used and only at home. No one else is having this issue?

2 Likes

I am getting the exact same thing every 20 minutes when I use Zoom, specifically. I’ve timed it. Its exactly 20 minutes.

3 Likes

Is it just zoom for you?

I was using plex today and that same thing as using Netflix on my iPad. Besides on my iPad.

1 Like

I’m having the same exact issue on a PC, so frustrating when you are in the middle of a zoom meeting. I get the buzzing>disconnects>powers off>powers on>reconnects after about 5 seconds. At this point these headphone are useless to me if this keeps happening. I Updated to the latest firmware today.

3 Likes

It happens to me also. It happens every 20 minutes. Get a Buzz, which I assume is crashing. then it says power on and finally connected once again. The headphones never say power off, which is why I assume it’s crashing. If you manually turn them off it’ll say Power off, but otherwise, it’s just Buzz, then a few seconds later Power On, and a few seconds after that, Connected. It happens on my Windows 10 Desktop and my 12.9" iPad Pro.

Yes, running the latest firmware. I’ve been writing down my times right now and so far I’ve gotten 5:00P, 5:16P, 5:33P, 5:50P, 6:08P, 6:23P, 6:39P, 6:52P, 7:08P, 7:24P, 7:41P, 7:59P and continuing. Ya, it’s really annoying. They’re comfortable headsets and sound good and the Active Noise Cancelation works quite well, but this crashing is beyond annoying!!!

4 Likes

I have the same issue of my headphones disconnecting from my computer every 20 minutes. Same buzz, same “disconnected” message.

As it’s quicker, I manually reconnect mine in the Bluetooth settings on the computer. I’m hoping the next firmware release will fix this as these will become useless to me.

2 Likes

Yes, I’m hoping a firmware fix comes. I’m sent a message to WYZE about it, that I want a replacement, my money back or what I have fixed. They are supposed to reply right away, but my first message over 2 weeks ago, and nothing is a little annoying.

As they are they’re worthless.

2 Likes

I wonder why no one from Wyze is replying or getting back?

Are we the only people who own these headphones that have calls longer than 20 minutes or aren’t reviewing them on YouTube? I’m somewhat patient as they are worth keeping once this is fixed. It seems like a firmware update to address this will solve the only issue I have with them.

3 Likes

I’ve only really noticed it on Zoom because it is so pronounced - I’m in a meeting, and then, I can’t hear anything. I do think it might happen with Spotify also, but I haven’t noticed as much since all that happens is the music stops. I otherwise don’t really use the headphones for anything else.

2 Likes

I’m on Google Meet when I notice it.

2 Likes

This happens regularly to me as well when connected to my Mac laptop.

1 Like

Yes, It does it on my iPad and on my Windows 10 Desktop computer. Oh and my iPhone. Generally, I’m playing Youtube or streaming Music. It doesn’t seem to matter what device the headphones are connected to or what they are being used to tune into. It’s just around every 20 minutes they seem to CRASH, that’s the Buzz sound, then a few seconds later you hear Power On, and a few seconds after that you get Connected. Since it seems like it’s crashing, you never get a Power Off Message unless you manually power them off yourself.

One day I was tuned in for a while and it crashed at 5:00PM, 5:16PM, 5:33PM, 5:50PM, 6.08PM, 6:23PM, 6:39PM, 6:52PM, 7:08PM, 7:24PM, 7:41PM, 7:59PM.

So in a 3 hour time period, they crashed 12 times!!! So that works out to 4 Crashes per hour!!! Or just over that. Since it would have been around 4:40PM when I turned them on before that first crash at 5PM.

Using the Headphones to Mow my Lawns was great while they were powered ON. The Active Noise Cancellation was great to get rid of most of the lawnmower sound. I could actually tune into something while I was at it. That is a big plus for me. So when they are WORKING, Thumbs up. But this crashing, and Wyze not replying to my emails to do something about this problem. Refund, Replacement, or FIX them with a firmware update. Something, anything. Yet nothing. Hard to recommend a product when it doesn’t work as it should and customer support doesn’t respond even though they say they’ll get back to you quickly!!! It’s been weeks now.

It seems to only be an issue with a small group of people. The other thing I’ve noticed is the range of them is not all that far. My Original OLD Air Pods have a great, LONG range. But the Wyze, not so much. I don’t think it’s a big deal, unlike the 20 minutes crashing issue. But it’s something I’ve noticed.

2 Likes

This happened to me once recently too. It does not happen all the time, but I definitely noticed it happen a day ago. I had to power cycle them to get them to reconnect.

3 Likes

I have the same issue on my iPhone 12 pro max. My headphones will cut out after a period of time and “power on” message comes on. I have noticed this while both on a conference call, and watching videos on my phone. Seems to be a common occurrence for users, since I see several comments about it in the forurm here.

1 Like

Just got mine in the mail yesterday and yes I’ve had the same exact problem!! Using Discord, or Zoom, or Spotify or just nothing it does the same thing every few minutes. Even when connected to my phone. I’m so pissed. And firmware is up to date.

2 Likes

I have been experiencing this issue for months. It occurs on both Zoom and Webex for me. I have also sent a message to support, finally. That was 9 days ago now, and the only communication I have had is the “be patient” e-mail. These are good phones and aside from the issue of periodically cutting out, I am very pleased with them.

3 Likes

I’m still having this issue regardless of the app or device I’m using. I have tired Bluetooth on iPhone, iPad, desktop, laptop. Hoping for a firmware update.

3 Likes

Received a follow up message from Support yesterday. I had upgraded to iOS 14.4 the day before. I checked the phones’ firmware version and it was current. Last night, I was teaching a class and the phones cut out every 15-20 minutes as usual.
I’ve responded to Support this morning that the problem continues.

1 Like

It does it no matter the app or what hardware you use the Headphones with. Because it crashes around every 20 minutes for me on my iPhone, iPad and yes, my Windows 10 Desktop. So it really has nothing to do with what version of iOS you are using.

The headphones are Crashing. That is the Buzz sound you get, which is why after it says Power On and then Connected. It never says Power OFF unless you actually turn them off. That Buzz is the headphones crashing on you, which is why it then says Powered Up and then Connected, and repeats that at around the 20-minute mark over and over and over again.

I’m hoping for a software update on the Headphones. I’ve been keeping a lookout. When they work, it’s great, but crashing 3 times in an hour, not so fun!!! I had to stop using them, and so they are sitting right next to me waiting for a fix. I have quite a few WYZE products. Even their new hand Vacuum on Pre-Order. I have to Robot Vacuum, a light bulb, a couple of outside cameras, a V2 and V3 Camera, plus the headphones. The Headphones have really been the only major issue I’ve had at this point.

5 Likes