Wyze Headphones are here! ... But how much do you think they cost? 9/29/20

Thank you @Kimj for the prompt response. I was surprised it wasn’t listed or asked about. Its going to be a good Christmas!

2 Likes

I will purchase when Google Assistant is built in. When will that be?

1 Like

per WyzeGwendolyn: if Google Assistant is your native voice assistant, you can use it! :smiley:

1 Like

If you phone comes with Google Assistant, then you can use Google Assistant on these headphones! Same thing with Siri. Google Assistant built-in is on our radar. We just don’t have a date yet.

6 Likes

Must the Voice Assistant button on the right cup be depressed to invoke Alexa, which is built-in, or only for others (Siri, Google Assistant) that are not built-in?

Are these Apple HomeKit compatable? If not, is that planned, and when?

Thank you.

What do you mean by HomeKit compatible? They do work with Siri.
Please give more information.

Is there any lag when watching videos on the phone or PC?

I’m not into headphones either but people in my family are and have been buying various noise cancelling sets in the $40-$100 range for a while now. I see the Anker Soundcore Life Q20 models are $49 with free shipping right now. No Alexa support bit that’s just one example. The MPow H12 is $39 and pretty damn good. So as previously noted these Wyze phones might be fine but are they exceptional for the price?

1 Like

@Kimj - Does the audio input port, built into the headphones, also support mic out from the headphones? aka if I plugged them directly into an xBox controller, for instance, would the controller receive mic output?

1 Like

PC Magazine review

‘ Highly sculpted audio’ meaning their bass is enhanced rather than a flat response

‘ to tamp down low frequencies significantly…Mids and highs make for more of a challenge here, but the circuitry does a decent job of dialing them back slightly. You’ll be able to hear office chatter and clicks of a keyboard, but the sounds are somewhat reduced.’

‘ not to include an ANC Off mode—the only thing close to it is Transparent mode, which disables the ANC, but also allows ambient noise in’

1 Like

You can’t turn off noise cancellation when you want to?

Edit: Guess so. Not sure I understand this argument:

Wyze made the decision not to include an ANC Off mode—the only thing close to it is Transparent mode, which disables the ANC, but also allows ambient noise in for easily hearing others without taking the headphones off. This strikes me as a smart choice, because with $50 headphones, chances are the ANC circuitry alters the sound signature noticeably, but we’ll never really know, as there’s no way to disable the feature and get a clean listen to the drivers.

I believe it’s both. @Kimj can confirm.

thats unfortunate. Probably kills TV and gaming use cases due to latency. Would be a killer gaming headset maybe otherwise!

2 Likes

Since the Wyze app would be used to to control the headphone, will we be able to create some kind of rules/schedule/device trigger with other Wyze devices? Or add a Shortcut to my Wyze Band to control the headphone? :headphones: This is a question not a request, please. @UserCustomerGwen @WyzeTeam

2 Likes

@milehiguy @Brlepage is correct. It’s the same button to trigger voice assistant, whichever voice assistant you select.

3 Likes

The aux cable only supports one-way audio. No mic input.

3 Likes

Currently you can use Alexa that is on the headphones to control your Wyze devices. We are actively exploring automations between Wyze headphones and other devices.

4 Likes

Maybe Wyze Headphones V2!

2 Likes

We noticed that many users don’t use the ANC off mode, so we put it in the app instead. You can turn to low ANC in the app if that is the mode you prefer.

1 Like