Wyze Headphones and consoles

I have seen people ask if the new Wyze headpones will work with the Playstation 4 console and the response given was that they will connect to consoles but depending on the support from the console may only work as headphones without a functioning microphone.

Have any of you beta testers actually tried to use the wyze headphones on the ps4 or xbox as a fully functional gaming headset? That is the sole reason that I would be purchasing them and I am very hesitant to pull the trigger before someone can tell me if it will actually work or not.

I’m really hoping that they will work for my console gaming needs!

2 Likes

I wonder even if it’s not fully functional via BT, if it would via a cable from headphones to controller

1 Like

That could possibly work. If I knew that was the case, though, I would just buy another playstation gold wireless headset to replace the one that just broke. If the wyze headphones work completely wireless for me, I’d rather support Wyze. I guess I’m picky and want the wireless experience.

yeah, I’d prefer wireless too, as long as there’s an easy way to mute/unmute…it’s annoying playing COD when some people have their mic on all the time

Lol. That’s definitely true. I hadn’t even thought about that.

Just got mine and they do not pair with PS4. It sees the headphones but won’t allow the connection. They do however work with the controller plug, and Destiny 2 sounds amazing!!!
They are SO comfortable too. I just noticed my phone won’t connect to the headphones when I have the audio plug in use.

3 Likes

Does the mic work though. I doubt it. The cable that comes with them looks like it is only for stereo audio, not mic support too. So while they do work to hear the game, you most likely will not be able to chat with them through the ps4. Can you confirm?

2 Likes

I’d also like an answer to this, will the mic work on PS4 and PS5?

They Do NOT! Absolutely disappointed. Will not work on XBOX OR PS4-5 on blue tooth, and mic will not work via 3.5 mm. what a shame. customer service was no help and they have no solution coming.

3 Likes

Bummer. I was gonna try them out in modern warfare if they worked :grin:. Right now I’m using a cheap Amazon wired set. They sound pretty good but I wanted to compare the Wyze headphones.

1 Like

The Wyze headset was a huge let down. very disappointed as a gamer. The headset WILL NOT connect to blue tooth game consoles like XBOX, PLAYSTATION, OR NINTENDO. You can get Audio only from the 3.5mm jack plugged into a controller, but you CAN NOT TALK. disgraceful advertising leads you to think these are good headsets with lots of technology, but will not work with anything. 50$ paper weight, waste of money. Customer Service said they do not plan on fixing or adding xbox or playstation support and blamed Microsoft for the headset not working. DO NOT BUY IF YOU GAME ON CONSOLE.

[quote=“corym, post:11, topic:140653, full:true”]
The Wyze headset was a huge let down. very disappointed as a gamer. The headset WILL NOT connect to blue tooth game consoles like XBOX, PLAYSTATION, OR NINTENDO. You can get Audio only from the 3.5mm jack plugged into a controller, but you CAN NOT TALK. disgraceful advertising leads you to think these are good headsets with lots of technology, but will not work with anything. 50$ paper weight, waste of money. Customer Service said they do not plan on fixing or adding xbox or playstation support and blamed Microsoft for the headset not working. DO NOT BUY IF YOU GAME ON CONSOLE.

@WyzeTeam Can you guys help out here? We were told the headset would work fine on a console with a wire because the consoles don’t support Bluetooth headphones, I bought these with the intention of using them mostly for my PS5, will have to test this out myself when they arrive next month hopefully.

I thought about this today, maybe because the headphones are connected to my phone via BT, would that effect the audio not working with the 3.5 jack?

I will try again tonight and turn BT off on my phone to see if the mic works with the 3.5 jack.

It will not work, no bluetooth at all. the 3.5mm jack will produce sound only, you can not chat. You will be able to hear the game but you will not be able to talk to anyone.

I was very excited to try this, then slightly disappointed. The 3.5mm cable that comes with the headphones is for audio only, and works just fine. I plugged into my headphones, then Xbox controller, then powered on for NC. I ordered a cable that supports a microphone and am hopeful this is the easy fix to allow voice chat on console.

1 Like

I did research, and that is correct, the wire that came with the headphones is audio only. You need a 4 ring 3.5 jack. I am also hoping this works. Getting one tomorrow.

2 Likes

Any luck @kschmesk or @ctsturts ? I have a TRRS cable on order as well in hopes that it works. Mine gets here Sunday night.

Wyze help support told me that these headphones have a mic that works over WIRED connection… but I’m skeptical now that I have them and they came with a TRS cable (as pictured online… ugh).

Will post results ASAP. Waiting on Amazon.

No luck yet. I found a TRRS cable, but it didn’t work, again no mic , not sure if its the right one. Will try and get another one today.