Wyze Hardware Beta Testers Career Opportunities

I’m an app developer, so I’m pretty good at flushing out problems within apps.

Let’s do it. If I can figure it out at my age, anyone should be able to.

Where does one sign up. I beta test for several different companies, and have been for several years.

Every so often we post about opportunities in our forum and make a big announcement. You can also keep an eye on our Core Users Facebook group and our subreddit for these applications. We don’t have anything open right now but we will later! :slight_smile:

the only bad thing about this is having to sign up or be a part of Farcebook, which I’ve resisted from day one.
Perhaps this approach should be re-thought.
John

Thanks for your feedback! What would you prefer instead? I can make no promises for change but we will consider it. :slight_smile:

If you want to solicit interested people, why not have a sign up sheet on your website that asks for minimal info.

(I don’t get the ‘social’ heard mentality with Farcebook. but that is a rant for a different day/place)

Scrub for duplicated entries. (Unfortunately there will still be ppl register with multiple email to increase their odds of selection) Put the addresses in a list, have a random number generator generate an index into the list for selection (or what ever criterion you want to use for selection-adding t his will help filter out the effects of multiple entries by the same person.).

Notify person(s) by email…if you get no response in 2 (?) days, spin the wheel again.

just off the top of my head…most likely there are better/fairer ways…

J

whoops… that should be ‘herd’

We actually use SurveyMonkey to collect the info. The reason Facebook is required is so that we can communicate with our testers easily.

In my experience (limited) beta testers like this scenario aren’t paid. They are provided with early access to firmware and application updates. Additionally, select beta testers will be provided with advanced / prototype hardware along with occasional release stage hardware at no cost to test (along with the beta software). They are usually permitted to keep their hardware (although some prototypes may be replaced with the release hardware if there are changes). The payment for the tester is the hardware and a bit of knowledge about upcoming releases in exchange for active, honest reviews. Often times, beta testers have to sign a NDA. And in the case of forums like this, users would only be able to access the beta section of the forum if they are an approved beta tester.

I would totally be willing to do whatever it takes to promote this company. I love the product and own several of them with the new version on its way.

Working for Wyze Cam as a beta tester would make sense as I love the product already and I do some beta testing work at my current company, a major technology firm that works with major consumer electronics vendors and services, for new versions of work related software.

If the option is open I am willing to negotiate for the love of the product if anything else.

This is a great idea and I’d be a good fit. I am retired after 43 year career in electronics, computers, IT and customer support. I know how to document my findings in clear and concise language.

OK! Get this going!

I would love to Beta-Test new hardware! I am a programmer and love to experiment with new gadgets - I have three v1 and now two v2 WyzeCam’s of which three are outside (never had issues even in freezing weather and rain (they were not directly exposed to rain though tried to mount them in a semi-protected area) Worked just fine besides occasional connection problems that either resolved themselves by unplugging them or when that didn’t work it seemed to just resolve itself after a while - would be interesting to find out why and how but have no access to any possible log’s etc.

@mdb , You should join the Core Facebook group. There should be another round of hardware testing somewhere down the road. Also, It does not matter your expertise, all are welcome. All levels of IT : From newbies to Yoda’s. As far as your log files? If you are using a MSD, pull the card out and put it in your MAC/pc and you will see the file there.

I’d be happy to be a beta tester. I’ve had my v2 cameras for two days now and have already referred 6 people who plan to order within the next couple days.

I’d very much enjoy the opportunity. I’m an IT pro of 35yrs and a very strong problem solver/solution provider. (Not that I expect to see problems!) I already “donate” time on support forums (software, hardware, etc) and enjoy making new things work, so beta testing HW (or SW) fits right in with how I spend my extra time. I just bought four V2 cameras and an so far very happy with their performance. (They’re not perfect, but I’ve seen plenty of suggestions on the forums that could help get them closer to that.) I’m currently working an Arduino-based project to “extend” the capability of one of my Wyzecams that I’m sure others would like once I’m finished.

Mike

Now it’s easier to sign up for beta software testing. I would suggest get In the beta software program, then when the next round of hardware testing comes back around you will be somewhat ready.

https://www.wyzecam.com/become-a-beta-tester/

I’m interested in being a hardware beta tester if this ever opens up again.

Count me in

Sign me up please!! :^)