Wyze Gun Safe - First Impression

We’ll see if you feel the same way when you’re suddenly denied access to your firearm by your high-tech “safe”… it’ll be safe even from you… :wink:

Feel free to call me paranoid, but I’m not the one seeing pink flashes everywhere… :upside_down_face: I seem to recall that Wyze actually offered you replacements for all of these troubled cams. Why have you not yet accepted that offer instead of continuing to post repetitively months on end? I once heard that a definition of insanity is trying the same thing continually and expecting different results… Just sayin :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

The information entered to access the safe has been marketed to be stored on the safe and not in the cloud.

At this time, and based on my usage, I have no reason to believe otherwise.

I do a lot of device dissection threads but not sure I will be breaking this one down anytime soon. It has a bit larger of a price tag, but this also coming from the guy who took apart a Video Doorbell pro to find out what the PIR sensor model was. Accidentally let the smoke out of that one.

Pretty sure I won’t ever be locked out of my safe. It does also have a key to manually unlock it.

And I’m not the only one with the V2/Pan pink flash issue. Replacing the camera’s won’t fix the problem, because it’s the firmware causing it. I know this for a fact because I have over a dozen V2 cameras and they all got this issue when there was a firmware update a while back ago. I even connected a new V2 camera right from the box, and it didn’t have the issue until I let the update take place.

No need to wait… enter the code from the physical keypad and it resets the fingerprint reader lockout.

When storing a print, make sure you scan the sides and tip of your finger in addition to flat center. Do it like an inked fingerprint card… roll your finger from one side to the other, then rock from base of pad to tip and then do 4 flat reads in all compass points.

Yes, I could enter my code on the keypad but that takes longer than just using my finger. And I know how to store my fingerprint with the print sensor, but thanks. I only had to scan my finger once on my iPhone 7 Plus many years ago and have not had one issue where it didn’t read my print to unlock. So again, I think there is a software issue for the print sensor, or it could be that Wyze used a very low quality sensor. I really like this safe but am not a huge fan of Wyze anymore. They have disappointed me with their lack of fixing software issues.

You’ve alluded to something I just became aware of.

I just discovered thr striking doppelgänger of the Wyze Cam v3 in the Xiaomi Xiaofang cam that seems to have been selling for $12.50 from Chinese retailers until (coincidentally?) a few years ago when Wyze was founded.

Am I wrong in making what seems like a logical assumption that Wyze is slapping its brand name on products, like the v3, manufactured by Xiaomi?

Are all of Wyze’s products made by Xiaomi?

UPDATE: Nevermind. After further poking around, I found an older thread wherein @carverofchoice providing his research on the subject. Thanks @carverofchoice.

(List of Wyze Suppliers, Which Products They Supply, & More)

1 Like

BINGO!!! You can pass go to collect $200. Relabled Aliexpress goods.

1 Like

I love your tinfoil hat! I must get the name of your designer.

Have you heard that Elvis and JFK were personally involved in testing this safe? And George Soros gets a weekly update every time you open the safe? (Seriously… he gets the Sasquatch to do the reviews.)

(Oh… and the 2nd Ammendment says a “well REGULATED militia”… not a “well MEDICATED militia”…)

4 Likes

Don’t assume you know my political bent as I ask you what you know about what happens when law enforcement agencies know a home they are called to has weapons in it. They automatically presume the occupants are armed and dangerous before they knock on the door, even if their reason for coming to the home is due to a non-criminal complaint. Are you comfortable with the prospect of answering the door to find officers with weapons drawn simply because a neighbor calls because your music is too loud?

If your answer is yes, just be sure you have sufficient privilege to overcome their lawful justification to employ maximum use of force based on probable cause to fear for their lives due to their prior knowledge that you have weapons on the premises.

An appropriate amount of concern shouldn’t be the exclusive domain of any one position on the political spectrum.

1 Like

and-you

Sounds like you might’ve stumbled across a lost cache of clichés en route to a Saul Alinsky workshop… :thinking:

Prudent concerns.

1 Like

Was thinking…

Wyze seems kinda PC. But they’re in the security space. Their ‘be$t’ :moneybag: customers skew conservative, I’ll bet.

Guns are at the far end of the security spectrum.

Only natural they’d help the ‘average’ :money_with_wings: customer secure their implements of defense.

Eh? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wyze reminds me of a Brookstone catalog. The Marketing Department should contact the Airlines to print catalogs for the Plane Seat Pockets. I would though buy a E-Bicycle if they made it… :rofl:

The company [Brookstone] is distinctive in that it allows customers to play with any product in the store before making a purchase.

per wiki

Hmmm… :slight_smile:

What about sky mall?

Funny, I was looking up the origin of the phrase ‘get bent’ just yesterday… :wink:

What I don’t know would fill a catalogue or two…

Was thinking…

Maybe dog and gun are the FIRST security measures for some. I mean, if you grew up with dogs and guns, it seems likely.

So gun would be at the ‘far end of the security spectrum’, but the fundamental end, not the extreme.

If that’s so, then a non-pro ‘security system’ is not expected to protect you (that’s still on the individual) just spook the nuisance amateurs and give you an edge, an early alert, that engagement may be needed beyond that.

So say I.

-peep
(not a gun guy, pro-amendment two and fond of speculating)

Here is a quote from one of their promotional emails I received concerning Mother’s Day…

“Wyze Air Purifier sold out faster than Twitter’s Board of Directors.”

Clearly they are against Elon promoting free speech and ending the shadow banning / censorship / cancel culture at Twitter. Equally clear that management signed off on this tone to mass-mail the general customer base. Political speech permitted one way in the form of marketing emails but not bi-directionally in the forums. Narrative controls like that betray ignorance, intolerance, immaturity, defensive insecurity, and a weak starting point position… :wink:

Wyze = CCP

2 Likes