Wyze Finally Works With Google Assistant!

So I just got my new Wyze v3 set up and was testing it with my Nest Hub. After laughing at how unusable it was with my children, I decided to do some research and see if there was anything I could do to make my camera display a video feed somewhat immediately and not be 10+ seconds behind reality. Which led me to this thread. I read Frederick’s responses, and saw that they’re in the middle of testing this very thing, but the last response was two weeks ago. Could you give another update? Otherwise I’m going to have to send it back. Besides not being able to use it on a Nest Hub (which was the entire point of me getting it), I really like it and am very impressed. I want to keep it, I really do.

Whenever you give us the next update (or anyone else who knows the answer), I am assuming the local WebRTC connection requires that both devices are using the exact same SSID and band, is that correct? If I have a cam on the 2.4GHz SSID, but the Google device is using the 5GHz band, then even if they’re on the same router, it won’t connect purely “locally” will it?

It seems to me that a lot of things I use, even if they’re using the same router, if they are on a different band (2.4 vs 5 GHz), the whole thing acts as if they are on totally separate networks.

For example, I can’t connect to my printer unless I switch to 2.4GHz even though it’s the same router. I can’t view playback at 16X on my eufy cams unless I switch to the 2.4GHz band. And lots of other examples where things act like they might as well be in a different country instead of the same router. I assume WebRTC is going to require I switch all my Google devices to the 2.4GHz band in order to connect in real-time?

It seems like when my Alexa Show is on the 2.4 GHz band that I basically have no lag, but if I put it to 5GHz the lag is suddenly like 10 seconds. :frowning: I’m guessing it will be the same thing here?