Wyze Finally Works With Google Assistant!

as soon as possible … stop to fooling us I already have change all my google devices for Alexa but that so [Mod Edit] true … We waiting a fix since over one year I had buy 2 google nest hub only to be able to see my cam (Wasted money) and now you continue to [Mod Edit] your loyal customers ? … AGAIN WE WAITING A FIX SINCE OVER ONE YEAR… INCREDIBLE !!!

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

1 Like

Sadly it’s too little, too late …

1 Like

I get non-stop buffering on my Google nest. My Alexa show 8 buffers the video every 5 seconds. I hope you guys can get it up and going.

1 Like

I actually got the 1080p stream working on my Nest Hub today…after 45 seconds. Then immediately buffered 5 sec later, and again 2 seconds after that. Then it stopped entirely. Nice.

1 Like

I still can’t believe this hasn’t been worked out yet. Just goes to show you that you get what you pay for.

Wyze is great for saying you have cameras, but for actually being useful as cameras? They fail at that miserably.

1 Like

Being unable to stream to a google device doesn’t mean the cameras are not useful.

2 Likes

Let’s agree to disagree on this. Between the notifications being delayed by minutes, the promised free person-detection going away, and poor Google integration, I’d say they are not useful as proper entry cameras. If all you’re doing is watching your pets while you’re at work, I’m sure they’re fine.

3 Likes

That’s true… There just not as useful as falsely advertised

1 Like

that right, now you need to subsribe at a premium plan to have this feature and to get the notification it’s a bit discutable from a business like Wize specially when they have a lot of problems … to make more money seem to be more important than the loyal customers :wink:

2 Likes

In terms of the notification speed I agree it could be faster but if your delay is taking minutes, there are probably other issues involved. I get a V2 notification in around 16 seconds. The notification, by design, is sent when the event has fully uploaded to the cloud. Is that delay ideal? No. Is it acceptable factoring the price of the camera? To me it is, but to others maybe not. It is certainly functional though.

As an entry camera I have an external motion sensor near the camera that sends a notification within 3 seconds of detection that also triggers a clip from that camera. The clip can take me to the timeline on the SD card that is recording continuously. False alerts are pretty minimal so the need to filter events based on “Person” is not really necessary as nearly all events are people or an animal/vehicle.

If I’m using the cameras indoors like I am suppose to they are more than adequate for that task.

All I’m really trying to say is that if Wyze says streaming to google/alexa devices works, then it should work. If it doesn’t it hardly makes the cameras useless.

I personally have a google home hub and a firestick set up with tinycam. Streaming to the hub has worked for me at various times in the past year since I got the hub but it currently is not working for me. Streaming to the firestick using alexa or tinycam has been mostly fine. In practice I’ve probably used streaming to any device less than a dozen times and just rely on the app.

2 Likes

I totally agree same results here except for the person detection it sucks I get notifications & events for everything even with them disabled

1 Like

Hey @WyzeGwendolyn @WyzeFrederik,
Any updates to provide your customers? Are you still having daily conversations with Google? And what’s coming out of these conversations? And what about WebRTC? Are you continuing working on that? Do you have any kind of workback schedule, or is just ‘when it’s ready’ sort of thing? I fear you are losing customers very quickly without providing a solution, or at the very least, an update.

1 Like

I think we scared them away :joy:

1 Like

The final Jeopardy theme song has been playing for about 18 months on this answer…

I’m still working daily on that with Google and have weekly meetings with both Alexa and Google Home on the more extended topics.

The current status is:

• Google is increasing the support for 1080p in Google Nest Home.
  • We are still seeing caching on our end when we test with 1080p streams and we are also seeing some minor caching (in quantity) when we use 720p. We are still trying to understand why this is happening.
  • WebRTC: We are still working on it daily. But we have seen crashes in our beta testing. We went back to the partner and they are fixing the issue but it’s not ready for prime time on Alexa.
  • WebRTC has not been announced as a supported protocol by Google Home at this point.
4 Likes

Why do You keep mentioning Alexa We don’t care about Alexa what We care about is it working with Google

Hold on… You have been saying for months that WebRTC is the end-all solution to this problem. Are you now telling us that it isn’t even supported by Google?

I’m saying that I’m under NDA and that until Google says something official about WebRTC, I cannot make any comment.
My comment is that WebRTC is the way out because it is giving us a deeper control of the technology stack and have overall less components that can fail. That’s the only thing I can say on the record.

The current chaining of technologies is getting in the way of being able to troubleshoot. With over 5 companies involved in that chain, it’s a continuous blame game and the previous months have led nowhere significant in terms of solution but also even basic troubleshooting and understanding why it used to work and now it does not reliably.

1 Like

I’ve tried to stay out of the blame game but what is so specific about what Wyze is doing different that is causing these issues? From several comments I’ve read, cameras from other brands on’t have these issues. I only have Wyze cameras and a chromecast and lenovo smart clock to test on but neither work no matter the camera resolution. This feature would be a nice to have but it really makes me question my doorbell preorder since if I can’t stream the video of who is ringing the bell it seems to defeat the propose. I’m sure you feel this has been asked and answered but if so I’ve missed it. I really appreciate the continued communication event when it seems the community doesn’t.