Wyze Finally Works With Google Assistant!

I tried what you said and you are correct it is back to working. Laggy still, which was the issue WYZE has had but it looks like Google may have fixed their end.

1 Like

Your complaining on the wrong forum this forum is for Google Integration not the cameraā€™s. Notifications are a Camera issue not a Google issues

Happy to hear that itā€™s working for some folks again! If youā€™re having trouble getting the stream to start, please try unlinking the integration and then linking it again. If it isnā€™t working for anyone, please let me know! I know weā€™re still working on the long-term fix with WebRTC that we were discussing that should improve the delay.

I relinked it and the first time I tried it there was a 13 second delay. The second time there was an almost 2 minute delay. The third time just black screen for 6 minutes so I stopped it and the fourth time it took 40 seconds to display. Any ETA on WebRTC?

1 Like

Hi, ditch it and get a YI camera . It is instant in google home hub and with assistant . Support Alexa and Google home. WYSE startEd on wrong foot in the integration Path now is working on bandaids .

1 Like

Well said. Wrong integration path.

1 Like

WYZE showed great promise. Unfortunately this appears to be something they havenā€™t been able to deliver on. Not sure if I will ever buy their products ever again. Seems like an UN-WYZE choice to make, especially with the competition doing so much better at working out the bugs. All I can say is, good luck and hope you all get the kinks worked out. Now Iā€™ve gotta find somebody to sell these to that isnā€™t too finicky about things not working right. Maybe Iā€™ll just give them away.

1 Like

Weā€™ve actually been making a lot of progress on WebRTC and are doing the internal tests. I donā€™t know what the ETA is but Iā€™m feeling fairly optimistic.

7 Likes

Thanks for the update!

1 Like

This would be the best news. Please keep us updated on any progress.

it worked for a day or two now it stopped working again. Gary

1 Like

Like someone said here my cameras was working for 2 days now getting black screen what a joke again

MR GIOVANNI TURCO

1 Like

Dang it. Iā€™ll tell the team. I heard that Google was still looking into stuff so weā€™ll get this info to them.

And Iā€™ll let folks know about the WebRTC progress as we hit milestones. :slight_smile:

It stopped working for me as well on my home hub.

1 Like

The same problem over here. Every time I try to see any of my 10 wyze cams on google home nest hub I only see a black screen and the notice for 2 minutes ā€œsmart home camerasā€. I now have only two choices. Replace all my wyze cams with an other brand or change to Alexa. Āæwhat should I do? My wyze cam is a v2 and the firmware 4.9.8.156. I also want to add that I live in europe, not sure if that has something to do with it since Wyze always states that they do not support europe for what ever reason.

Hi rpirzl I have a property in the US and the UK I have the V2 X7 and the Wyze Pan X3 plus the new Outdoor Cam X2 all these cameras are working in the US and the UK and the use to work with google assistant hub they do work with Alexa this morning I ask google to show me the front door in the US get black screen all my cameras in the US house dose this the same when I ask google to show me the property in the UK just the same black screen when asking Alexa to show me my property in the UK and the US it works with Alexa my cameras use to work with google assistant hub when the last update it did not plus I ordered the Wyze keypad and lock x2 they do work in the UK if you change the lock because the UK itā€™s different to the US now I am using a US lock with key :key: in the UK the second lock in my property in the US

MR GIOVANNI TURCO

Thanks Giovanni for the feedback. Maybe we just have to wait a bit for Wyze to fix it. I live in the south of Spain and so far where very happy with that company, except it is very difficult to buy their products down here.
Best regards,
Ralf Pirzl

Hi rpirzl like I said I live in the UK I use a company call shipito if I order Wyze products or any products from the US I get it delivered to shipito them they will inform you then you have to pay the postage to the UK or Spain Shipito will give you a American address you just have to download the app and sign up this is how I get my Wyze products

MR GIOVANNI TURCO

Iā€™m new to Wyze and have an indoor and just received my outdoor. The cameras are on my Google home no problem. But when asking Google to show the specific camera it says it needs to the screen. This would be my phone. Iā€™ve tried renaming my phone but it still doesnā€™t recognize it. Anyone know how to help?

On your phone I would say stick with the Wyze App, just a couple taps and you have it. Google is having issues streaming Wyze cameras for more than a year now.