Wyze file system? (Help!)

For verified copying and auto skipping errors on hundreds of files at once, I use the free version of Teracopy. I trust it a LOT more than just Win10 file copying. I set the preference for “always test after copying” and “leave window open” and walk away. It will give a list of failed files when done. Or something like that - it’ll be pretty obvious when you use it.

Also, if not doing so already, be sure to “eject” the SD card in the Wyze app before you unplug the cam from power and remove the card.

Single cam view → Settings → Advanced Settings → Local Storage → Eject SD Card

Windows will mark any file system that is dismounted improperly as “dirty” and it really slows down copying and can produce needless errors.

Yes, this

What really helps with that is knowing the times of the one minute clips you want to save by viewing the 12 sec cloud event clips before hand.

But it sounds like you have switched from continuous recording to only recording events? And you want a batch file or shell script that will rename each video clip with the proper day and hour and then dump them all in one folder for viewing and saving?

I don’t have one of those handy right now, but possibly the script in this thread could be a start. Also the dashcam viewer software sounded intriguing.

2 Likes