Wyze Employee Spotlight - Gwendolyn Evans (They/Them/Their)

Congrats, Gwen! You really deserve this. This place definitely wouldn’t be the same without you. Thanks for all you do for us! :partying_face: :tada:

17 Likes

Aw, shucks. Thank you, Newshound! I appreciate it and am honored for the time I’ve had with you on our team! :hugs:

14 Likes

:confetti_ball: Congratulations, Gwendolyn! :confetti_ball:

I’m very happy to see you got recognized for the employee spotlight. One hundred percent in agreement with Newshound so, so, well deserved! We really appreciate you more than words can describe. Honestly the bottom line, Wyze just would not be Wyze without you. Thank you so much for everything! :slightly_smiling_face:

17 Likes

Okay, then based on your answer, you practically asked for this question to be rewritten for your situation, so I’ll do the correction for you. here is the updated question based on your response:

7. What is some Wyze related Random Triva that few others know about just because you’ve been at Wyze for so long?

Hey, you played semantics here, so I am just playing along with the game and fixing it so that you will answer the question and give us something juicy and fun here. :smiley:

Also, happy to see you get the spotlight! We are happy when you do have time in here. Thanks for all you do.

12 Likes

Thanks a lot for all you do! We really appreciate your help around here. It was fun reading about your back story too! :grinning:

12 Likes

I’m so happy you all enjoyed it! Thank you for reading! I love this community and I’m happy to be here. :hugs:

@carverofchoice, I love playing semantics! Hmm… Thought I had dodged this but now I need to think about it.

Okay! Here’s one that outdates most folks! When I was first hired, my first assignment was to take iSmartAlarm support content that they kindly provided and make it relevant to Wyze. This was SUPER challenging because the Android app wasn’t super functional when I first started (iOS was more stable) so I was having to bug our engineer for confirmation all the time. It was a big job but I got it done and we had support content to launch with! Oh, and the first X amount of Wyze Cams shipped out with these super cute animal costume stickers. I got a fox! :fox_face:

15 Likes

Congrats on your spotlight Gwendolyn! :smiley: Well-earned and well-deserved… your dedication, resilience, diligence and level of critical thinking is uber irreplaceable asset par excellence. Thank you for being here for us and kudos! thumbsup

11 Likes

Golly, folks! I don’t know if I’m flushed from the heat around Seattle or if you all are just making me blush! :heart:

16 Likes

:tada:Congratulations Gwendolyn! :tada:
This recognition is very much deserved! I can’t imagine our community without you. I enjoy being part of your volunteer team. I appreciate everything you do for the Wyze and the community!

11 Likes

Thank you for answering my modification of the question, you’re such a good sport.

You sometimes have a tough job, but you do so well maintaining composure and respect even when sometimes the environment you are presented with is a bit more hostile or emotional. Thank you for showing such courtesy and being willing to come in here and share things or answer questions when your other responsibilities allow you some time to do so. We’re always happy to see and hear from you whenever you do have time. Thanks again.

12 Likes

@WyzeGwendolyn

First let me wish you a Happy Birthday. :birthday:

Now, you should know the value in what you do in these forums and assistance you provide is well worth it. If it weren’t for you, I may not have continued with Wyze with the same passion I entered this endeavor with. I am a staunch Wyze supporter and even with the minor bugs or issues find the products to be above par, and the price is great also… :slight_smile: Thanks for being you and being there when so many of us needed help.

You are correct, this is a great community of individuals who are willing to help and provide sound advice. Yes, you get some individuals that love to complain, but most of us take that with a grain of salt. Watching how you handle situations like this is inspiring. I try to do my best in these forums to help individuals in need, I can only hope I provide sound solutions as you and other community members do.

BTW: I am also glad to start seeing other Wyze Employees becoming part of the forum and providing the needed feedback. I can tell you a few of them have and are helping myself and other members. I like to feel we are all part of the Wyze Family. Keep up the great work and remember, you are not alone in these forums. :slight_smile:

I am looking forward to what Wyze has coming in the near future.

Congrats on your spotlight, it is well deserved.

13 Likes

@WyzeGwendolyn, pure grace under fire at all times. Congratulations on your spotlight and Happy Birthday.

Thank you for all you do and for always being nothing short of amazing!

GO! IU! Fight, Fight, Fight!

11 Likes

A well deserved and earned honor. I’ve enjoyed working with you very much - and Happy Birthday!
Maybe you can actually get some real time off to enjoy.

12 Likes

congrats on the spotlight Gwen! Wyze is lucky to have you! I don’t know how u have any free time :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Yay - Gwen rocks!!! :slight_smile: :+1:

9 Likes

C :sunflower: N G R :a: :seedling: U L :a: :seedling: I :sunny: N S !

You are the “Absolute Adhesive Agent@WyzeGwendolyn who’s role as part of the @WyzeTeam is solely responsible for keeping 99% of the forum members present (they would have otherwise departed due to miscellaneous technical problems).

H A P P Y :birthday: :partying_face: :birthday: B I R T H D A Y !

May you have continued good fortune and fulfillment with your extended Wyze Family.

11 Likes

This is well deserved recognition for you Gwen, it has been great working with you over the years , when the goin gets tough you get goin :+1: your future is bright , you are just the best, cheers to you :wine_glass: :joy_cat: :100: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

You all are absolutely the best! This kind of thing is one of the many reasons I wake up excited to get to work improving things for all of you and getting to read your posts. From the bottom of my heart, thank you so much!!! :heart:

18 Likes

Thank you for your great work @WyzeGwendolyn, you are one of my favorite things about Wyze! With other tech companies, it seems like there’s a disconnect between developers and users. You do a wonderful job humanizing the company, where you can see the people working hard to make new products and support existing products. One of the many reasons I love Wyze!

10 Likes

My pleasure! I’m honored to be one of your favorite things about Wyze! I’m proud to be part of a company that cares so deeply about our customers. :grin:

12 Likes