Wyze doorbell wall plate removal

I have not installed my Wyze doorbell but I attached the wall plate to the doorbell. How do I remove it? Thank you.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums! To make it easier to remove, I put the wedge on the backpiece, then remove it. Adding the wedge gives it something for you to grab onto. It takes a little force, push the doorbell towards the wedge/backpiece then lift up on the doorbell, and push down on the wedge/backpiece

This guy says a steak knife helps.

1 Like

3:55 mark of the video shows it

How exasperating! I can’t find any info as to how to disconnect the camera/doorbell from its back plate.

I did find “There is a small “edge” which grabs the camera on each side, so you need to spread them to remove the camera!”, but I don’t see any edges to spread. Support sent an email with installation video links that do not cover this. ANYBODY???

Thanks,

Ty

Multiple threads on this. I’m fond of the Steak Knife Method for style points.

MODERATOR NOTE: Threads have been merged.

1 Like

just pull up on the doorbell

1 Like

Maybe you, but not me. Using the angel thingee as a handgrip works, though.

So I am going to be moving probably in a year’s time or so and I want to take the doorbell camera with me. When it comes to that time, how do I go about uninstalling the doorbell? Or what if I need to replace it due to a power surge, faulty unit, vandalism, etc? Prior to installation it’s very easy since you can access the back, but once it is installed it looks nearly impossible. Aside from hitting it from underneath and likely breaking something in the process, is there another way?

Thanks.

Stick a paperclip down the back to release the locking tab.

Steak knife much more impressive.

Hmm, I didn’t notice any kind of a gap where I could fit anything down it, but I’ll have to look again when I get home from work. Thanks!

@BathHernia
To detach the doorbell, if you are using the wedge, place your thumbs at the top of the wedge and push upward on the bottom of the doorbell with your fingers. It will come off, it is made to be removed this way. If you are not using the wedge just slide the doorbell upwards, and again it will come off it is designed to be removed this way.

4 Likes

I found this out early in the process. The mounting plate as a one way clip I think to prevent it from being stolen. Both zoggybottom and C have are correct . I tape my so it couldn’t
engage until I am sure the the device is working properly m

thumb method above worked well. Finally!

Any chance of a photo of how you do that. I’m 85 with arthritic hands. If it breaks will Wyze send me a replacement of the broken part? I’m willing to try to force it if I can see a photo first as to exactly where I put my thumbs and fingers.

@nls
Sorry, I do not have a video but it does work. You do have to push upward fairly hard, it should not break. I do not know if they have spare parts or not. To do it place both thumbs on the wedge near the wall, put your fingers under the actual doorbell and push upward with your fingers.

See video ar 3;46 on how to disengage the wyze doorbell with a steak knife

Below is a.video.showing how to put a switch to the door bell to reset it. And I guess everyone recently had to do this because of the AWS outage. Just flick a switch.

See. Wyze DoorBell Wifi Reset HACK WITH a switch, no more going to the fuse panel after a power failure - YouTube

Strange, I already answered @nls with your video at

The steak knife technique video shows it being applied to a Wyze DoorBell that is not attached to a wall but is lying upside down on a flat surface. I don’t quite understand how I would be able to insert the knife into a wedge-mounted Wyze DoorBell which is attached to the wall. How would that work?