Wyze doorbell two way talk volume

I had bought the wyze outdoor initially because I wanted to be able to two way talk at my front door and didn’t really want to get into a video doorbell. However the sound is terrible on that - too quiet and muffled by the waterproofing attempts.

I am considering the doorbell but if the sound is going to be equally poor I don’t want to bother. Anyone any idea if the sound is much improved and actually useable? Anyone from Wyze or beta testers have any opinions?

I guess for $30 it is worth the risk. But having to wait 3 months and then be disappointed would be a killer.

Thanks!

I’m not sure because I didn’t bata test this one!
I’ll tag the @Mavens to see if any of them have any experience with that product.

Sadly I’m unable to answer this. but considering one of the intentions is to talk to people I’m sure it was high up in the consideration ladder. I can say I know of them changing some things in hardware for future products or at least the intention to do so, so I wouldn’t doubt this uses vastly different hardware than anything that is on sale the public currently.

2 Likes

I was a beta tester for the Doorbell. In the early stages, two way was an issue but at its current point it works well. It’s easy enough to have a conversation with someone at your door. I have limited experience with other brands but from what I’ve seen the Wyze doorbell does as well or better The caveat, as with all devices of this type, will be that it does depend on external factors like ambient noise, mounting location, and especially Wifi setup. I use and enjoy mine a lot!

6 Likes

I just tried the outdoor cam and I am also disappointed with the quality of audio and wifi. I have it about 50-55 feet from my base station and wifi has like 30 seconds delay on video. Audio volume is not only very low, but there is no way to have a conversation. I was planing to contact Wyze support tomorrow.

I hate to break this to you but the volume and microphone of the Wyze Video Doorbell is so weak. You could not even hear the voice of the other person. You have to stick your face to the camera so they can hear you but then the camera focuses on your nose holes. Even if you increase the media volume of your phone to the max, it is just so hard to listen and worst of it is that it has a 2-3 seconds delay. That is not convenient at all. No it was not my internet connection or wifi that causes the delay. I have several cameras like blink and ring which just works fine at all.
I raised a ticket with wyze and they said that you cannot control the volume of Wyze doorbell. I hope they can at least make it useful then. I have been spending 3 days now trying to research how can I improve the volume but I could not see a resolution yet.

I’ve had the exact same experience with mine. The sound from the microphone is extremely quite and muffled. They can hear me well enough but I cannot hear them at all. I really hope Wyze figures out a way to fix this.

I got a case with wyze. I have sent them a video to show them how weak the speaker and microphone are. I also sent them screenshot of my wyze version which is the latest version. I really hope wyze listen to customers and do something with it. At this rate it is really not useable.

Any updates on this from anyone? I just installed the doorbell yesterday and it’s not useful at all for audio, either direction. It’s just really quiet incoming and outgoing. Can’t hear either direction.

I don’t think that it’s my wifi, I have an Orbi Mesh setup and it’s really pretty strong all over my house. It’s also only 15 feet from my router. I see 3 full bars in my device settings of the doorbell.

RS1990,
Unfortunately, I have not seen any updates or software fixes for this issue. I believe it is still a standing issue. As of now it is better to get another Video Doorbell. Mine is sitting now as a paper weight.
The customer support is not good either so I won’t be surprised at all if customers are going away.

Doorbell speaker volume is horribly weak. Road noise makes hearing it nearly impossible. Need a fix by Wyze. Beta testers missed this one big time!
Disappointing that the issue has been on the Forum for a year and a half. I have many Wyze products and have friends that I’ve convinced to use them. Not sure I can recommend the doorbell until this issue is solved. Sorry

Are you guys talking about the wired? One or the wireless one?

It worked for one time and now the voice doorbell volume is very weak

1 Like

Hi all.
Has anyone found a solution for the low volume problem?

Not to my knowledge. Wish it was tho.

Just installed the video doorbell pro. Volume at the doorbell is too low. Guests cannot hear us from inside. There is no ambient noise. This is really a problem. There need to be a software fix or a replacement hardware fix.