Wyze Doorbell - No Live Video, All Else Works Fine

I’m having issues getting live video with my Wyze Doorbell which was working perfectly fine. I get notifications and I can watch event videos. The doorbell shows a great signal. I have a Wyze V3 eight feet from the doorbell, along with several other Wyze cams. All other cameras are working fine. I just upgraded it to the latest Beta firmware. I was not getting live video prior to the upgrade or now. I force quit the app and have rebooted the doorbell. I deleted the doorbell and re-added it and still no luck.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I have a VDBv1. It previously had hickups and stalls when loading, but it would load live video eventually. With the updated FW and the app upgrade, it is a much quicker load now. All I can suggest is to make sure you app is up to date along with the firmware.

What OS? App Version?
Which VDB? FW Version?
CamPlus Lite or CamPlus?

Are you able to access the live video from any other third party software\platform or the live Webview?

Thanks for the reply. Since I placed the post, the doorbell all the sudden started working again last night with Live video. I checked it earlier today and it was back to its old self again… To answer your question above -
App Version: 2.29.0 (a25)
VDB: VDBv1
VDB Firmware: 4.25.1.042
Running CamPlus

Great that is working now! Perhaps the post scared the gremlins off… Or more likely the updates finally sunk in. It’s all :+1: though. I am on Android so I can’t speak to any iOS issues.

Just FYI… It may also be the FW version you are on for the doorbell. That is a RC Beta version FW still being tested and debugged. It has yet to be released to the public.

Current PR version:

Wyze Video Doorbell Firmware

4.25.0.313 (December 20, 2021)

• Improved the night vision auto-switch mechanism
  • Fixed an IR manual control bug
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the doorbell to overheat
  • Fixed the “QR Code Incorrect” after the doorbell is reset bug
  • Security improvements

Well the doorbell is back to acting up again. Interestingly my buddy just bought a Wyze Doorbell that I helped him install. He is having a very similar issue. He is not on the beta firmware. He has a V3 and like mine, it connects right away but the doorbell takes forever to live stream. Something is going on with their firmware…

Shannon

Something is definitely going on. The problem is Wyze has no idea what that is. Might be server side changes, who knows. Had another OP magically change event video length without any app setting changes.

@UserCustomerGwen has there been any other reports of users having issues connecting with their Wyze doorbells? Please see my issues above and note my friends doorbell that I helped him install this week takes an extremely long time to connect to live video, however his V3 connects almost instantly (like mine do). He is running standard firmware. I am running beta. Any information you have would be appreciated.

1 Like

I bought a new doorbell from Home Depot. It is running firmware 4.25.0.267. It’s working flawlessly. Instantly connect and Live streams. My buddy’s doorbell that is running the current version of firmware has a significant (10-15s) delay before connecting. My previous doorbell with beta firmware was all over the place between connection failures to working the next time but failing again after that.

Wyze - please take a look at the firmware…

1 Like

Wyze Team is probably not monitoring this thread…

However they are monitoring the Firmware Beta thread…

Suggest you post over there by replying to or tagging @WyzeAndy, who is on the VDBv1 Firmware team. Provide details about the video lag you are experiencing on the 3 VDB1 you have in service with the 3 FW versions and how each is acting. Would also suggest you push logs for each of the VDB1 before you post and include those log numbers for Andy.

Thank you very much for the information. I appreciate it!

1 Like

In the meantime while we wait for a fix, here is the workaround that I found and let Wyze know about:
When your LIVE feed gets to “Step3: Getting video data” and gets stuck, press the gear to go to ‘settings’, select ‘Advanced Settings’, select Night Vision ‘On’ and then ‘Off’, then press the ‘<’ key to go back to LIVE feed and it will connect.
It took me a long time to find this workaround. I expect that it will work for everyone having this issue since it seems to unstick it by going thru night vision mode. Sorry, but if you use Night Vision, you will have to turn it back on. But, at least it is a reliable way to temporarily conquer this bug.
Your welcome. I hope it works for you too.

1 Like

Here we are a year later and my door bells have the same issue.

Welcome to the Wyze User Community Forum @herrsticks! :raising_hand_man:

Since there haven’t been any posts in this topic for a year, it indicates that the problem was fixed.

I have a V1 Doorbell and haven’t had any issues streaming or getting notifications.

Please provide some details describing the issue you are having, along with your App and Firmware version and someone might be able to point you to a fix.

App version 2.45.5.347

Firmware 4.25.1.314

Standard wired doorbell. It sends notifications and functions as a doorbell.

However it won’t load video, just keeps trying to reconnect.

I get notifications, even motion alerts.

The v3 camera in the window 10 inches away has zero issues.

I was running 2.45 previously without issues but just updated to the beta App and starting having video load issues.

One thing I found was that if I opened the Settings, then went back to the Live Stream, the video would then load although it would be at 480p. I didn’t get the chance to test it in daytime color mode though. Try that and let me know what it does.

Also, there is a newer App update available. 2.45.6.361 was released today. You might try updating the App.

I just experienced this yesterday. Sometime in the afternoon, the screen went black. The chime and doorbell worked fine. Re-installed it and re-booted my router without luck. Sometime during the night it started working again. This was a replacement for my 1st VDP which was DOA. Clearly there is some kind of problem with these Doorbell/Cameras. I’m reluctantly getting a different brand.

The 2.46 App update fixed the issue.

Are you saying this was a known issue that started 10/20 in the afternoon (Eastern time) and was fixed by an update overnight? I did notice an update this morning, but I can’t think of a reason why this would fix a problem with a camera that had been working fine.
Was there an app update earlier in the day that caused this problem, only to be fixed with the later update?

It fixed the issue I was having with my doorbell that I described in my post to which you replied. You stated you had the same issue which led me to believe you were also running the Beta app and also experienced it. The 2.46 Production App was released Thursday and the new 2.46 Beta update yesterday.

There are multiple levels of updates that happen when new versions come out. A very large portion of the interaction between the Cam Firmware and the App version you are running, since those two software packages are on different hardware devices that can potentially be on opposite sides of the globe, happens with the coordination of the server side software on the Wyze servers. App updates and Firmware updates invariably require updates to the server software to enable the new features such as the case was for my issues… streaming a grouped VDBv1. Grouping Doorbells is a new feature that was only recently introduced. The server software updates can have unintentional negative affects on prior Firmware and App versions. When those are reported, investigated, and identified; the Wyze Devs can make the appropriate Server side changes to the software to correct the issue.

So, yes. It is possible that a server software update made to accommodate the new 2.46 App or Beta App update Thursday & Friday caused an issue with existing doorbell firmware connecting to older app versions, was identified by Wyze, and was corrected on the server overnight.