Wyze Doorbell mounted horizontally

Is there a way to mount the doorbell horizontally but view the camera correctly? Basically can the camera view turn 90 degrees?

3 Likes

Welcome to the Wyze community @tacovasek. This is currently not an option. You could definitely add it to the #wishlist.
Is there a reason you’d like this feature?

1 Like

Currently not an option, correct … but the notification pic might display correctly :rofl:

Sorry, had to…

1 Like

I believe the notification picture is being looked into.

1 Like

Yes, my original doorbell is mounted sideways and in order for it to fit right, my wyze doorbell must also be sideways

1 Like

This feature is present on all standard IP cameras whether it is done on the camera firmware or at the software level. I find it very surprising this is not an option. I just purchased a few for my work because of the WebView feature but i did not realize something so simple would not be implemented. Might have to use different viewing software or different brand.

Yes! There is at least one reason,
I’m mounting through vinyl siding and it would be so simple to rotate the wedge adapter put in the screws and be done. Instead, I have to cobble together a couple of shims to the back of a piece of wood, screw all of those to the siding, screw the flat mounting plate to the wood and then mount the camera.
Mounting sideways would be far easier, stick out less, less exposed to the elements, more securely connected, & have taken less time to do than to write this response.

Please make this an option.

1 Like