Wyze Doorbell has red tint

Never ever update the firmware if a Wyze unit is reasonably working…

1 Like

The fix lasted me just long enough to cancel my request for a replacement. Now it’s pink again, so I will have to restart the process of getting it replaced .I have had similar problems with Night Owl security cameras and different manufacturers back up cameras, so I don’t think this is a problem just with Wyze cams. At least with this one it happened before the warranty expired.

This guy knows his stuff! I’m looking for an older type usb cam or maybe repurpose a Wyze cam as a hidden camera finder/IR light detection device. As soon as I saw OPs pics I knew this was the problem.

1 Like

Hello People.
Several weeks ago while repositioning an operating V3, I dropped it. I then accessed the Wyze app to see if the camera was OK. It was not. The camera’s field of view was pink-tinted. I rapped the camera with the back of my little finger a few times to see if the pink would go away. I then unplugged the power cord, waited about 30 seconds, and repowered the camera. The camera’s normal images returned, and have been so ever since.
Victor.