Wyze doorbell 4.25.1.042 (March 30 2022) - unusable/slow connection & streaming

Beta firmware 4.25.1.060 seems better but not completely fixed.

I now am able to connect to the camera quickly 70% of the time without getting stuck on “step 3 of 3”. Although it still shows low res and snaps over to high res within a second or two.

I would say with this version the device is not completely useless but still not as speedy as whatever firmware I had out of the box.

1 Like

Are you guys CamPlus Lite users?
I am. andnhave lots of issues

I am on this version, no beta, CamPlus, no loading issues even after the update.

I may have spoken too soon, While the beta is better the step 3 connecting hang is not completely gone. It does seem more responsive to connect to when there has been recent motion (trees moving in wind), but I am really grasping at straws trying to figure out why it connects immediately sometimes and others not. Hopeful that this is being investigated and that this beta firmware shows they are close to tracking down the root issue.

1 Like

And it is weird that it’s not all devices. I have two V1 doorbells purchased from Home Depot on the same day. They have been fairly reliable. Updated the firmware on both. The front doorbell is behaving as usual. The back doorbell is nearly always stuck on the 3 of 3 connecting. If I want it to connect, I open the patio door, wave my hand past it and POOF, connected. Both are equal distance from my router. WEIRD.

Whats more amazing is it was working earlier, but the time its needed say for todays package delivery it stops working.

I am having all of the above symptoms on 4.25.1.042 as well. Slow to open and brief 90° flicker when it does. Additionally, since the update I have had:

• Regular E05 and E06 errors on videos that do not load
  • Overly sensitive motion detection (I can’t see any motion in the playback)
  • No motion tagging (don’t remember if this was there in previous versions, but hard to tell why the doorbell is triggering motion detection so much without it)
  • Missing actual motion triggers like people entering or leaving my house (could be due to 5 minute cooldown from false alerts, or the very low sensitivity I have to reduce it to to stop the false alerts)

I have submitted several logs and AI feedback on the nothing triggers.

I really liked this product until this update, but now I have lost all the capability that I liked. Really hoping for an update soon to address these issues.

At least the regular doorbell feature still works.

1 Like

Glad to see I’m not the only one with this issue.

I have tried everything and have even thought about exchanging it with another one from. Home Depot since this isn’t that old.

Wish there was a way to roll back to an older firmware version.

1 Like

There is a beta in testing due to be released soon. Let’s hope they are using an industrial iron.

Got the 4.25.1.060 update today.
Fixed the issues for about 4 hours. Now back to connecting 3 of 3.

Hopefully they can fix it soon.

1 Like

What I find odd is that not everyone has this issue. I had no issues with load time prior to .042. I only updated to get the Alexa integration which doesn’t work. Now, on .042, I still have no load issues on WiFi or T-Mobile LTE. I’m not updating now either. Nothing there for me as the Alexa still doesn’t work

4.25.1.060 Update installed but still can’t access live view, still stuck at 3/3 authenticating.

2 Likes

Ditto - the very first time I accessed it, boom, went right in. Excellent I thought. Tried it again and has been stuck at 3 of 3 ever since. So I guess it was a one and done update. I am glad my front doorbell has been fine and it’s the back that is being a pain.

1 Like

Same here. Installed 4.25.1.060 and still stuck on 3 of 3. Rebooted routers, cleared app cache, and so forth… No change since the last firmware update broke it.

2 Likes

Hello @fortlexington , could you help submit a log and let me know the log number?
Thank you.

1 Like

Hello @agrooms , could you help submit a log and let me know the log number?
Thank you.

1 Like

Hello @whyze111 , could you help submit a log and let me know the log number?
Thank you.

1 Like

1 Like

Had the same issue right after updating on 4/28/22 with both iphone and ipad. Very slow. Today it works fine.

Log 558672

1 Like