Wyze doorbell 4.25.1.042 (March 30 2022) - unusable/slow connection & streaming

Pretty strange. Working fine here today. Lightning fast connection - no time to read the steps.

1 Like

Same for me yesterday. Now this morning back to delay at step 3 of 3, but then does connect after about 10-20 seconds, and in HD. Much better than previously when it wouldn’t connect at all and just time out. Speed is jumping back and forth between ~190KB/s and ~90KB/s, but stays in HD.

So an update to this. So I was expecting to come home to a blinking yellow light or at least the image capture when I pulled into the driveway but I didnt see anything happen. As I walked up to the doorbell, it was completely off, as in no power. I check my circuit breaker and nothing was tripped. Out of frustration I went to the doorbell and disconnected one of the wires and attached it again and it powered up for a few hours and now it’s back again with the offline message. WTH is going on. Are you guys using the wiring direct to the doorbell or are you using the supplied wiring to splice into your existing wiring. Im going to try and go direct from the my existing wiring to the bell and not use whats in the box. I really dont know what else to try. I exchanged my doorbell that had .060 loaded on it , to this one that has an old build .267 and this one kind of seems worse.

A variation in the bitstream rate is totally normal with the type of video encoding used these days.
Getting stuck at “Step 3” is not :wink:.

1 Like

I think I’ve noticed a pattern in when my doorbell will authenticate or not. Probably the same as others who’ve said that they wave their hand in front of it.

Sometimes my doorbell connects, and sometimes it doesn’t. I’ve found that the times it connects there is some motion in view. It can be in or out of my defined detection area, and can be something other than what I’ve set to be alerted on. It has been little things sometime such as someone walking by on the sidewalk, an animal in the yard like a bird, the wind blowing the tree or even heavy rain.

It seems like the authentication or communication routine is asleep until woken up by motion.

1 Like

This problem was picked up on the latest iteration of Fix it Friday for action by Wyze. They are requesting logs. Suggest all affected follow the link to the Wyze post and supply the requested info in reply.

Log submitted 576464

Log 582913
Doorbell not video 3/3
May 19 9:32am EDT

Log 582939**
Doorbell no video stuck 3/3, waved hand in front it connected
May 19 10:02am EDT

Sure wish we could see some action taken on this issue. Maybe even just an action plan?

Still broken since the update. Can’t we just revert back the changes given how many folks have this issue?

Log # 584598

Mine has been working fine since the last 3 days. As good as before.

If you’re o iOS, make sure you have the last app version. Although this version only fixes an issue with the Cam V3 detection area setting and adds a Garage Door module feature, it sure does work well with my Doorbell,

1 Like

Still not working consistently. When it has the issue there is no motion notification and no live view.
It’s seems like the 1st motion event will get live view working for a time, and a motion event during this time will send a notification.
Logs submitted in Fix it Friday

Unfortunately, I have to report that, although the problem seemed something of the past, it started doing it again today.

Very disappointing. This reliability issue is extremely annoying - especially since it has been caused by a negligent piece of firmware.

1 Like

Submitting log information for Doorbell Connectivity Issues:
Log ID: 590805
May 25, 2022 6:27PM PST
Firmware: 4.25.1.060
iPhone 11 Pro
iOS: 15.5

Same issue here log submitted.

Log ID: 592743

Both myself and my dad are having the same issues. I didn’t realize this was a widespread issue and ordered a new doorbell camera. My dad just started having trouble today.

Log submitted 597168

Dad submitted log for his 597177

Has there been word on this? Still having authentication issues.

I haven’t heard anything and I’m still having the same problems