Wyze Day October 24

EDIT:

From Dave, our Head of Marketing:

Hey everyone, we screwed up!

As stated, we were going to launch a great new product for Wyze Day (no, it wasn’t a scale). When that fell through, we decided to pull forward our starter bundle and run a deal on it all week. You would get the bundle and a $10 Wyze gift card for $99 with free shipping, a $10 discount.

All of us felt that was really weak, especially after we had hyped up something bigger happening on Wyze day. We wanted to give something more than just the starter bundle that users didn’t ask for. So we then decided to go big and also offer free shipping on orders over $25 for Wyze Day only (I know this might not seem big, but it’s actually super expensive for us).

Apparently we can’t do math, because when we launched both those deals on the same day, the free shipping deal made our starter pack deal look misleading. This was a terrible customer experience, and is literally the opposite of how we aspire to communicate with our users.

Here’s what we’re doing to fix it. We’re increasing the gift card amount to $15 in the starter pack bundle for the rest of the day. We will also go back and add an extra $5 to the gift card of everyone that has already purchased the bundle.

It’s still not a great experience, we know. We’re really sorry. Our only goal was to give back and celebrate Wyze users on Wyze Day, but we messed it up!

WE PROMISE THAT WE WILL NEVER HYPE UP ANOTHER PRODUCT LAUNCH UNLESS IT’S A PRODUCT THAT DESERVES THE HYPE.

The rest of the day should be fun though. We hope you’ll join us tonight at 7 PM Eastern/4 PM Pacific for the Wyzies awards where we’ll be giving out over $6,000 to users and giving updates on products and projects in the works!

10 Likes

Future door bell sounds good. But, let’s add the feature of working with a door lock company such as August or ?

5 Likes

Where do we upload our videos for the contest?
Thanks

Smart home starter kit. Please not another space/money/RF space/time/energy wasting Zig$$ “hub” … A better solution is right in front of your faces.

,PS The 5ghz band needs to be added In many areas 2.4 is NOT a option for video .

3 Likes

Inspired by Wyze

Try this link here. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

What do you mean?

@WyzeDongsheng @UserCustomerGwen

Happy Birthday WYZE!

Two years old already. Wow!

I would say “TERRIBLE TWOs,” but I won’t … because it’s been great watching you grow!

FYI … please accept this note in lieu of a gift.

3 Likes

@todwatts, we appreciate the sentiment included with your note!

@xhozt, this is a set of our existing products together. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The submission period has closed for this year’s Wyzies, but you can always upload content at wyze.com/inspired-by-wyze or post on our Forums, FB Group, Reddit, and other channels to be featured!

Thank you !

CONGRATULATIONS WYZE YOU’RE AWESOME!

giphy

4 Likes

Happy bday!!! :champagne::clinking_glasses::birthday::tada::love_you_gesture:

One more thing… Am I missing something about the Smart Home Starter Kit Pricing??

(2 Plugs 14.99) +

(3 LED bulbs) 7.99 + 7.99 + 7.99 +

(Sensors Starter Kit) 19.99 +

(Wyze Cam) 19.99 +

( Micro SD card) 9.99 =

$88.93

So even after the discount from $109 it would cost just a little over $10 extra compared to buying the Home Starter Kit as separate products.

I am puzzled.

3 Likes

Exactly! I don’t get it…You can even purchase separate items and price is lower…Wyze, please explain…

WYZE DAY 2019 Q & A PAGE!

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035496671

1 Like

They include a $10 Wyze gift card

AM I missing something? The Home Starter Kit is $99 after the $10 gift card, however, if I purchase the items separately, they only cost $88.94. (Free shipping over $25)

• 1 x Wyze Cam $20
  • 3 x Wyze Bulbs $23.97
  • 2 x Wyze Plugs $14.99
  • 1 x Wyze Sense Starter Kit $19.99
  • 1 x SD Card $9.99
    * —————
    * $88.94
2 Likes

According to my calculations the WYZEDAY2019 wyze smart home starter kit comes out cheaper if you just buy all the components separately and add the free shipping promo. $88.93 vs. $99 “deal”
What am I missing here??

4 Likes

I came up with the same calculations. Where is the discount or deal in this package? As far as the comments on the now imposed tariffs, STOP BUYING FROM CHINA! That simple.

1 Like

No one said that Wyze was good in math - Guess we just assumed the “Wyzeday” was a deal for us - turns out it is a deal for Wyze.

1 Like

Are you counting the $10 dollar gift card?