Wyze DashCam

I purchased a Nexar One Dash Cam…latest from Nexar. I am going with a Real company that only designs Dash Cams.

If you don’t mind sharing… what did you end up purchasing?

You are allowed to post/link as it’s relevant to topic… it actually helps users and also helps Wyze with respect to what features users are looking for in dash cams:

Keep It Tidy

Make the effort to put things in the right place, so that we can spend more time discussing and less cleaning up. So:

• Keep posts relevant to Wyze.
  • Do not post political rhetoric.
  • Don’t start a topic in the wrong category.
  • Don’t cross-post the same thing in multiple topics.
  • Don’t post no-content replies.
  • Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream.
  • Don’t sign your posts — every post has your profile information attached to it.
  • Respect our forum. Don’t post spam or otherwise vandalize the forum.
  • You may post links to third party products if they are relevant to an ongoing discussion. Do not post links to third party products simply to promote or sell them.

I got a Rove R2-4K from Amazon. And yes I know it is not really a full 4K camera but Ultra HD is good enough for my use. The cam was about $90.00 plus the tax. Here is the Rove Web site. I like the cam, works good day or night.

1 Like

I’m running 2 of the same cams. :+1:

Hope you like them. I don’t drive the miles I used to so it works for me and simple to set up and use.

Thanks guys for the recommendation. I’m currently on my 2nd dash cam and may check out that one next year. My current one was $70 on amazon, 1080p with front and back, see link for more details. Looking to Change again because it will randomly turn off mid-drive.

Dash Cam Front and Rear CHORTAU Dual Dash Cam 3 inch Dashboard Camera Full HD 170° Wide Angle Backup Camera with Night Vision WDR G-Sensor Parking Monitor Loop Recording Motion Detection https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q5R22DV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_0XE12755Z967M3WFX5GT

Was looking at those. How do you like them so far?

Definitely suits my needs… and thank you for sharing. It has everything on my list except supercapacitor. I haven’t had them long enough though to see how they perform in direct sun during summer heatwaves. For the price, I got 2 and still stayed within my budget. I read the reviews about the “false” 4K, but I just leave mine on 1080p 60fps anyway and am more than satisfied. I wish Wyze would come up with something soon in the same price range, but with true 4K and a supercapacitor.

I am not looking for cheap or value. I am looking for a established Company that focuses on Dash Cams. You only have 1 time to record a incident.

Street Guardian. I bought 2 of their original SG9665GC cameras back in March 2015 and they’re both in daily use today. Never failed to record which is the absolute first requirement for any dash cam.

If I could find a smart “Mr. Fix It” I would have the battery replaced in my 6 year old dash cam. It has a small 3.7V 140 mAh Lithium-ion battery that is dead . Since the input is 5V 1A maybe I will just use a spare USB cable I have and use it as my critter ( Raccoon/Possum/Cat ) cam, or just mount it in the back window of my Tacoma and see how it works for now. I might also use it in my wife’s car since the battery is secured low in the back of the car. Time for some testing since it is still a great cam.

1920x1080 @30 fps
Sony EXMOR sensor
WDR
GPS
G sensor
Motion detection (I wonder if this will work for raccoons?) #1 on my test list.
ISO up to 3200
Field of view 140 degrees
Using a 64 GB SD (FAT 32)
Loop recording
-4F-149F

That’s how all the ones I’ve seen (included one I own) work. It is always point-to-point WiFi, however.

It would be nice to be able to sit in my home and pull up and download footage from the dash cam in my car on my computer, but that would also involve the camera being powered 24/7.

Despite the low power drain, I would always be concerned about that possibly running down the battery if I didn’t use my vehicle for multiple days. Perhaps a nice compromise would be an ability to set the camera to power down after a certain time period if it didn’t sense the engine being restarted.

Yes, exactly what I want to see, is the ability of a dashcam to either auto upload the day’s footage to my NAS, or external drive connected to my Router.

Or perhaps the Dashcam could push data to the home network via a cell phone periodically throughout the day, while driving.

Maybe a button on the the Dashcam to initiate an upload from the Dashcam via home wireless or cell phone.

Or, easily removable unit that upon arriving home, you remove it, sit it in a dock at your desk, and it easily auto transfers footage to one’s PC or NAS?

Just thinking out loud… I’ve never owned a Dashcam, so there’s a good chance my thinking out loud moment makes no sense…

SJ

Yikes ! You guys don’t want much :rofl: Would you really sit around watching hundreds of 1,3, or 5 min. videos of traffic?? :upside_down_face:

It would make it a lot simpler to grab those clips of something interesting. It certainly isn’t about reviewing the footage of my daily commute. :slightly_smiling_face:

As it is now, I have to remember to take the card out when I get home (and my short term memory isn’t great, and hasn’t been for decades), insert the card into the card reader, look up the clip, copy it over, and then take the card back out to the car and reinstall it. It also doesn’t help that most dash cams prefer to use those “push to eject” type micro SD card slots that can develop connections issues over time.

1 Like

With the new cam I have I can send the clip to my self on using my phone if I remember to turn the cam Wi-Fi on and change my phone to that Wi-Fi so I can I can use the app. My memory isn’t the greatest either. Clips in the cloud would be nice but I’m sure it would be :dollar: and probably be Dash Cam Plus :astonished:

That would be fun!.. not.

My thought was keeping a rolling week of footage on my NAS, once it’s a week old, it auto deletes.

That way if I have something I need to / want to refer back to from the last week, it’s easily accessible.

SJ

Hope I’m not picking sides here, but I agree. I thought they created ideas and as they did with the cam 1 (now v3). You guys know a lot more than me, I’m new to forum, but have all their products from the start, probably just like you guys. I’m here to suck up as much as I can from guys that have been around the forum or know more than me (won’t be hard, I’m about as dumb as a rock with these forums

Please forgive my question, I have a few DashCams and keep buying new ones from Kickstarter guys. We gotta keep the little guys in the game, they keep the big guys on their toes. I do have a few from BlackVue and they have been really nice, got from black box my car. I still keep buying new one from Kickstarter for 2 reasons, keep giving new startups a chance and 2 to see how the tech and options are working. All that said, I’m still a dummy on the “what makes it work” so what will a supercapacitor do to help or make the cams better? Remember I’m asking cuz I don’t have a clue, I’m not being a wise guy

Compared to a lithium-ion battery, a supercapacitor has a much higher operating limit… higher than what is normally encountered in direct sun behind glass. Same for extreme cold. The trade-off is that you’ll need hardwired/constant power for a supercapacitor equipped dash cam for parking mode.

1 Like