Wyze DashCam

It is a growing market, but slowly. However, the absolute most important feature of any dash cam is reliability - you don’t want it to ever fail to record. Given it’s history with just about every product offered Wyze is the last company I’d buy a dash cam from on that basis alone.

If you buy cheap, you get cheap.

I already used it as a dash cam.
The site does not allow me to upload the video.
I used the V2, If they make the V3 with the black color, I will upgrade them.

How do you view the video without a Wi-Fi network?

when you park by home or if you have a hotspot in your car.

or skip it all together, and depend on the SD card, but that wont help if someone decides to bust into your car.

https://forums.wyze.com/t/wyze-as-dash-cam/161816

1 Like

https://forums.wyze.com/t/wyze-as-dash-cam/161816

1 Like

So currently Ive got 360 cams mounted and hidden around my car, its a 2002 ive turned it into a smart car and gorgeous collectors item. so its prone to many prying eyes and living in a theft filled region, I want my car monitored 24/7. so the only probs with my cam is it doesnt dvr when the car or headunit is turned off, so I miss that.

A dash cam that holds a small lithium battery, can be hardwired to headunit via usb, or camera inputs, that recharges itself while car is running and when turned off detect motion or sound within 24 hours at least. make it small, discreet, cam on front, cam on back for passenger compartment, and cams on the side to pick up a full 360 of car, from just one unit maybe size of credit card? how likely could this work? I know id buy a handful no doubt. not so square, maybe a little aerodynamic to have the feel of a car design? definitely black or charcoal or tan to give options to interior color bc I like to hide wires and make things integrated myself. suction cup optional, mounting hardware included?

3 Likes

How much do you wanna devote to this?
City buses are set up this way: A separate, recharging battery; mobile modem/router with SIM card; power inverter; DVR/NVR; and IP cameras. It’ll record locally and let you view remotely if you pick the right system you can get it on your phone and your home. Monthly SIM charges.

I’d devote as much as needed. Esp if getting paid lol. Sim wouldn’t be a must just optional making it more attractive to budget wise folks. I have in car wifi so sim wouldn’t really be necessary in my case. But awesome to include. I also will not stick anythingvto my windshield I’m overly ocd bout clean glass and no wires , maybe even put a temp sensor on it. Measuring the exterior temp but importantly the inside when u have a pet in the car while in store to assure ac is functioning properly, including a windshield hanger stating “I’m a wyze pet mom/dad” “don’t bust the windows you’ll let my cool air out” practical as F.

Blink mini has a rechargeable battery.

When you said 360 did you mean the OEM feature used for parking and trailer hitching? With that and in-car Wi-Fi you just have to figure out how to get these to work double duty as security.

Another request for a 24hr dash cam just like how your new outdoor cam works. We can plug it into car every time it needs to be charge and work on sound and motion detection when car is off. Battery life like your new outdoor cam.

If car is near home it can jump on wifi, optional LTE or video clips will be uploaded from camera storage when it jumps on wifi to phone app.

The industry definitely needs a car security cam for 24 hr recording without draining car battery.

4 Likes

A dash cam would be great, something for the car in or out side

2 Likes

I would definitely be in line for these… I know there is a big push in the Uber/Lyft community right now for dash cams. You may even be able to get partnered with them (as long as they don’t mark them up too much. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It occurred to me the other day I’d love a Wyze dashcam that connected to my wifi when I’m home to review recordings. I suppose I could use a regular Wyze camera, but the form factor is weird for a dashcam. Anyway, I’d love one. Anyone else?

1 Like

Yes! I have wanted a Wyze dashcam since I bought my first Wyze cam last year. If were about the same size as a Good To Go pass, removable for charging (like the Outdoor cam), and small enough to velcro to the front and back windshields…ideal!

2 Likes

this is a no. They need to take care of these false notifications before adding a dash cam that a driver will rely on.

Yes, this would be great to have!