Wyze car frustration

After reading your post, I am convinced that it was an April fool stunt.

If it WAS an April Fools joke, Wyzelabs would be in a LOT of trouble. A company would be open to fraud lawsuits if they advertised a product intended as an April Fools joke, but still took payment for that product.

There’s no way they’re that careless.

That’s just funny. The lawsuits that we be incoming if this ended up being a joke are enough to bankrupt the entire company. These suits wouldn’t just be from the consumers. Since Wyze uses third party payment processors, those lawsuits would be enormous (Amazon & Paypal).

I was one of the non-believers, but I was wrong. I admitted I was wrong. I also pointed out that this was poorly executed because it was. The decision to do it on April 1, was ill advised, the advertisement copy was poorly written, the timing of that email was idiotic, the lack of planning was obvious, the website execution was lacking and the communication was absent. None of that was illegal though.

Even though I held on until Gwendolyn appeared to make it official that these were real, I did buy one myself. I think Wyze has its issues as far as the organization of the company and the execution of their plans, but their products are superior when considering quality vs cost. They aren’t the best in any market they are in and in many cases, they aren’t the cheapest, but when you take their price points and their quality, they are hard to beat. Now only if they would start hiring the right people to make the execution of business operations. Not holding my breath.

It happened on April fool day. The process was a complete joke for many frustrated people. There might be 5,000 people who may think that they are getting a good deal thus far but for the rest of the people who had to spend 5 hours hoping to get a car, the joke is on them. It was April’s fool joke constructive or otherwise.

why the hell would you do that, these are Chinese cameras and their software is buggy as hell. you should only recommend them as cheap cameras but never security as apparently they are always in beta riddled with bugs

April Fools…it was a joke

What’s even worse than the waste of an entire day trying to purchase one was seeing the cars already on ebay for up to 5x the sale price, THEN the canned replies by Wyze when messaging them about the issues basically saying “We’re popular and this exciting, sorry you couldn’t get a car!” and completely ignoring the screenshots of errors and scalpers postings.

They pumped you up on their website to cultivate demands then sell it on eBay for 5x more. Inside job!

Got to be.

Just adding my two cents worth that I had hoped to be one of the people soon to be tinkering with this toy. I even had some plans to try and use it to examine inaccessible places. I knew it was going to be a free-for-all-stampede before even setting the alarm to be ready. In the back of my mind I thought it was a cleaver hype-driving marketing tool, whether I got the car or not. And in fact I didn’t get one in the end. I am one of the 187 people posting so far that being disappointed am mirroring all of the frustration the other WYZE customer supporter’s experience. Oh well, that’s the way the cookie crumbles. :roll_eyes::persevere::tired_face:

I was able to order one. This being said, both company and consumers could use this as a learning moment.

Wyze-Here are somethings you could put in your pipe, and smoke on for a bit. 1) Offer to Cam Plus subscribers first. You asked us to provide some consistent income during times of low product availability, and Cam Plus subscribers came through. 2) Website needs to be able to handle the traffic load, and needs to weed out the bots better.

Consumers-I collect art prints, some of which might be in high demand and low supply. This happens. Merchants sell out of a product, and sometimes the websites can be buggy (hopefully Wyze gets on top of improving their website for the next product drop). I’ve had prints in my cart, which were no longer available upon checkout and I’ve never said “I’ll never buy artwork from so-and-so again.” In closing, if you are going to stop supporting a company over something like a toy car I defer to Sgt. Hulka…“Lighten up Francis.”

Yeah I thought I had bought one several times only to find out I had not. I tried 3 or 4 times then got pissed off and quit. If its in my cart then it should be in my cart. If you are out, it should not show up as “in my cart” and I should not be able to make it 99% of the way through checkout only to find out I didn’t actually buy anything. Agree that the only thing funny about this April Fool’s joke is that I was trying to buy another Wyze product despite my last three purchases being way delayed in their delivery. Now I know why, they were building a toy car instead of my vaccuum and my watch. Also when are you going to make more Wyze bulb color products available? Wasn’t bulbs and outlets your “original thing” yet now we can’t even pre-order them? Come on man…if you want to look like a legit business you have to keep your focus…toy cars should not be your focus.

2 Likes

True. They should focus on their core products the cheap cameras and tiny sensors.

I don’t know anyone who was able to purchase those sensors in the last whole year.

Most of us found out about wyze because of those tiny sensors but now they are focusing on random cheap electronics instead of home automation!

Would have been a much cooler idea if it was a drone. It would be funny watching people follow a car around with their phones.

1 Like

Focusing? Really. Everyone needs to stop crying about not getting a toy. Are you all 4 years old? It was a toy. it was short notice. The poor rollout was evidence that they didn’t put any time into it. You can’t say that they did a crap job and then say they spend an inordinate amount of time on it. As far as the sensors. I have mine on pre-order. Since they aren’t released yet, it means if you weren’t pre-order, you have to wait. What part of that is confusing to you. Most people who are into Wyze have been that way for years. To assume that people came in for the 20th product (not sure what the number is) is just silly and shows some degree of ignorance.

I agree that Wyze came in as a small hi-def camera alternative, but to pretend that this is all they are, once again, demonstrates a degree of ignorance. The soon-to-be release Wyze Sense package is actually GenII of that product line. It is a vast improvement from the GenI and therefore it was in high demand during the pre-sale.

For those that are hell-bent on having one of these cars, my prices are as follows - 1 car, delivered the in original box, 1-day turnaround on shipping (once I receive, I will ship). - Payable today - .002 BTC or 100 ADA or .06 ETH. This transaction will be tracked on the blockchain of that crypto & will be posted publicly to tie me to the sale. Prices change daily (message me for update price). I would even consider purchasing a brand new Wyze V2 black to include.

1 Like

This is exactly the right response. You encapsulated precisely what many current and prospective Wyze customers felt and experienced.

Yes they sold $250,000 worth of product (before counting black cams) bit at the cost of goodwill and frustration among buyers.
It would be great to see acknowledgement NOT of the folks who weren’t fast enough but those who had the product IN THE CART and weren’t able to complete the purchase.

2 Likes

My expectations were low, and Wyze delivered. It was an April Fool’s joke beautifully played.

Had Wyze intended it to work, they would have had a click to get-a-spot signup link, dumped out the junk e-mails of non-customers and dump out the clicks from duplicate IP addresses. Then do a random selection with an e-Mail to buy at the top of the hour.

At the same time, dump the database and start over. Add a scrubber to pull out anyone who bought one. This would have kept the queue to check out small enough that it could support 500 transactions.

If you weren’t selected, you knew you weren’t selected. As it was, everyone thought they had a chance, when in reality, they didn’t.

My second theory on why it didn’t work was that the cart system was using a Wyze Cam V3 WiFi link.

It’s not that it was a toy car. It’s a product, that they were selling.

I too was not able to get in for purchase.
Would be nice if the car was available at a future date. Love all the items I’ve purchased in the past

It seems as though the Community Guidelines may not have been followed recently on this topic.

https://forums.wyze.com/t/wyze-community-guidelines/6796

In this situation, the moderators’ instructions are to temporarily close the comments and to call in a Wyze employee. The Wyze employee may open comments again after they have a chance to review this thread.

3 Likes