Wyze can pan doesn't record to micro SD card

I have two cam pan neither of them will record to a micro SD card. I have tried everything that I have been told to do. The cards work fine in my other wyze cams they just don’t work in the cam pan just really disappointed. Can anyone help me?

Welcome to the forums! What are your local storage settings? Event/Continuous? What does the local storage menu state as car as your SD card status when its in the camera (total size/free space)? A screen shot may help you from typing all that out. :slight_smile: Have you tried using a newly formatted card for testing in the Pan? (if you used from a v2 then put it straight into a pan i wonder if there is any v2 files on the card that don’t jive with the pan.)

I have reformatted the card in the camera and in a computer, when I reformatted in the camera it said SD card not available. I’ve had it set for continuous and event it says 29.71GB/29.71GB it is set to local recording to micro SD

Sorry I can’t help you. I had the same problem. I think something is wrong with the Cam Pan cameras. After a while, the camera either turns a solid yellow light or the SD card slot doesn’t recognize the SD card.

I have given up on the Cam Pan. The Cam Pan doesn’t always detect the motions and it shows the wall instead of where the motion is.

The Wyze Cam v2 works just as well and the range of view is pretty extensive. I have one outside above my 3 car garage and it works just fine. When there is motion, it detects it and shows the whole motion until it stops. It also records just fine on the SD card. I bought a cover from Amazon that protects the camera from the weather.

The Ring indoor camera is only $20 more. I have a Ring doorbell 2. It is great so I ordered a Ring camera today to see how that goes. The events are recorded automatically and goes to the cloud after 30 days. You can get a warranty package for the Ring items and their customer service is 24/7.

Good luck.

Still can’t figure out the micro SD card recording problem wyze needs to figure it out. I’m not the only one who has this problem with the cam pan it has to be a programming problem or something like that.

New to the Forum, but having been using Wyze products for over a year and have been successful with the exception of the last 2 weeks in which I purchased 9 Wyze Cam Pans and 6 will not record to SD. Support states Flash the Firmware. Really Disappointed that the latest firmware has an issue SD cards that, according to support they are aware of but are still pushing out the latest firmware.

Just a quick update, support instructed me to download a firmware from July of 2019…seriously???

We started having SD card problems after having the Pan Cam for less than 2 months.

We finally gave up and just ordered the Wyze Cam 2v. This camera is better and no issues with the SD card slot. The Pan Cam does not detect the motion all the time and faces the wall a lot while I am standing in front of it.

I ordered a Ring Indoor camera so I can view the history without worrying about it and not able to view the history.

We started having SD card problems after having the Pan Cam for less than 2 months.

We finally gave up and just ordered the Wyze Cam 2v. This camera is better and no issues with the SD card slot. The Pan Cam does not detect the motion all the time and faces the wall a lot while I am standing in front of it.

I ordered a Ring Indoor camera so I can view the history without worrying about it and not able to view the history.

Why would I consider buying another Wyze product, when my Cam Pan constantly lost it’s SD card? I couldn’t trust it, so I threw it out. Garbage, and I’m telling everyone.

Yes the Pan am is a little bit of garbage when it comes to the SD slot and sometimes it doesn’t go where the motion is.

I went through several replacements and finally got a good one, although it is retarded in locating and staying where the motion is.

I highly recommend the Cam 2v. It’s stationary, cheaper with amazon prime and it works outside the house. You can use the all weather protective cover for it and get it from Amazon too. I am using 2 of these cameras in my front yard and they’re wonderful.

Brand new Pan 2 here, and it will record ONLY when the android phone ap is open and the screen is on. If the screen is turned off, or if the ap is closed, the camera ceases to record and trashes what it has recorded. Unless this is fixed, the camera is useless. One needs to be able to start recording and then walk away, or go to sleep, rather than being required to keep the ap open with screen open perpetually.

Pan 2 has a problem with the SD card slot. This has happened to me twice. They’re useless and slow in the panning too. I only use the regular Cam 2v or 3v.

Sounds like you are pressing the manual record button in the live view screen. That is one way to record footage, and that way saves the footage to your device.

In your camera settings, you’ll find the different settings for either cloud storage (image only, camplus lite, camplus) and local storage (SD card recording). If you enable those, the recording happens automatically without any input from you.