Wyze Cam's Smoke/CO Alarm

Hello All,

with Smoke/CO2 alarm set in WyzeCam Pam, it never triggered when the Smoke Alarm actually went off, what’s the expected of this setting?

1 Like

Hi @viscount. This support page has information on that. Please let us know if you have any other questions. :slight_smile:

1 Like

so my alarms, mixed batches of new (2019) and old (2009) are all after 1996 but yet the alarms would go off next to the cam and still not triggering push alert. Is there’s something i can use to test the functionality of this push alert?
Thanks

Cheers,
David

I did a search on the forum for “smoke alarm”, and found this. I would also recommend getting in touch with support.

Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, please file a Support Request. You can also submit a request from within the Wyze app by going to Account > Help & Feedback > Submit a Log. This method will allow you to send an app log for diagnosis as well as report your issue. (Note that if you are using a beta version of the app, the log will be sent to the dev team rather than Wyze Support and will not generate a support request.)

First Alert ZCOMBO 2-in-1 Smoke Detector & Carbon Monoxide Alarm, Z-Wave Combo Amazon.com

This one works and cam picks up the alert

1 Like

For the CO and smoke alarm detection, does the camera have to be within a certain distance to detect the alarm?

I have several cameras on the first floor - got to keep an eye on furbaby while I’m at work - and they all have the alarm settings enabled.

I put in two new CO detectors today - one in the basement where there are no cameras and one on the first floor in the same room as a camera. When I tested the CO alarm on the first floor, that camera sent an alarm notification. When I tested the CO alarm in the basement, I received no notifications from any camera.

I didn’t find anything in the support area about distance for those alarms.

Thanks.