Wyze cams on Mesh wifi sytems

I was thinking of purchasing a wifi mesh system, has anybody here had any experience with wyze cams on a mesh system network? Is a Mesh network a better option ?
EDIT; *Many thanks to all the contributers to this post, i hope this list will help others like it’s helping me :slight_smile:
EDIT: Community verified Mesh systems:

Google Wifi mesh network with 6 pucks (2 on each floor)
Eero system on 2 levels with zero issues
Eero zero setup issues. ( 9 cameras)
Netgear Orbi RBK 23 Wi-Fi mesh router with two extenders
Netgear Orbi RBK43 1 main, 2 satellites (6 Wyze cameras, + more) No issues.
Asus aimesh system with 2 routers (1 camera outside)
TP-Li nk Deco M5 15 security cams + lights, plugs (connection issues)
Google router 4 cameras + maybe 15 devices, 2 PC’s
Google Nest mesh router with 2 points- 6 cameras. No issues in or outside.
Tenda MW3 and MW6 mesh WiFi with wyze cams no problems.
Netgear Orbi RBR50 Zero issues in 2 years.
Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh 4 cams & ± 50 devices on network , zero issues.
Orbi RBK50 almost 2 years no issues with cams.
Linksys Velop 3 node system. 4 cameras No problems…
Linksys Velop 3 node syst. 9 cams, wyze lights, 1000 square ft x 3 floor. OK
AIMesh +2 Asus routers, 6 cams outs, 2 cams inside. No Issues.
Orbi mesh + 2 satellites, 9 cameras ,tv streaming 20 devices. NO Issues.
Synology RT2600ac + MR2200ac. No problems.
Amplifi mesh system. 2 cameras. OK
Plume Super Pods (x4) OK
ORBI RBR40 with 2 satellites, 2 cameras OK
Pro base + 2 extra pods, 3 levels, 40 wifi devices 6 cams in & out OK
Plume Superpods (X3) & 4 regular Plume pods , no issues, ok
ASUS AIMesh 1 AC5300 + 2 AC1900as nodes , 5 Wyze Cams No issues.
Orbi Base + 2 Satellites. , including 4 WyzeCams. No issues.
Smartthings Wifi Mesh,6 cams No issues
Samsung Connect Home, 6 cams No issues
Dlink COVR mesh system. No problems with Wyzecams.
Eero Pro + 1 beacon, 2.4ghz/5ghz issues with 2 Wyze cams. Solved OK.
Google mesh, 8 units that support 31 Wyze cams/Pan’s, 43000 ft2 area OK
Eero mesh +4 beacons. 4 Wyze cams, contact & sensors, 2-floor apart. OK
EERO Pro+3 Pro’s & 1 extender on 3 floors 5000sqft. 6 cams, Sensors + contacts + 12 Bulbs OK
Google + 3 pucks, 3000+ sqft. 4 cams + 2 pan cams, 6 cont. sens. 2 motion sens + 5 bulbs. OK
Ubiquiti UniFi ,4,200 Sq Feet on 3 floorS, 31 clients, + 3 Wyze Cams.OK
Google mesh. No issues at all.
Nest WiFi, no issues.
Eero Mesh network with 2 beacons + 3 Wyzecams + bulbs. OK
Asus AiMesh system. 20+ devices. OK
Netgear Orbi mesh setup. Zero issues. OK
Eero Pro ,3 beacons .9 V1’s, 4 Pans , 5 V2’s+ 2 Wyze plugs & 2 bulbs, + 4 contact & motion sensors. OK
Eero system with Base, 3 pods, 3300sf, 3 stories, about 55 devices.OK
Tenda Nova MW3, 3 node system. 100s mt on 2 levels. 3 cams 10 devices. OK
3 EERO Pro’s ,3600 sq. ft. brick building Reaches parking lot 75 feet away .OK
Amplify mesh point that works with my Century Link router. 4 Wyze cameras OK.

6 Likes

I’m running a Google Wifi mesh network with 6 pucks (2 on each floor). All of my Wyze hardware works perfectly inside and outside.

4 Likes

Using an eero system on 2 levels with zero issues.

2 Likes

I have a Netgear Orbi Wi-Fi mesh router with two extenders. The only issue I have is it takes the camera anywhere from a couple of minutes to I think a max of 10 minutes to lock onto the 2.4 GHz. But it has always locked on and once it’s locked on it’s stayed locked on the only time that I’ve lost signal is when I’ve unplugged it or we’ve lost power due to a storm

1 Like

I’m using the asus aimesh system with 2 routers and the cameras (including one outside) work great

1 Like

I too am using Eero and have had zero setup issues. I have nine cameras and I doubt many other systems would handle it as well.

1 Like

Thank you guys, nice to know these systems really do the job , i will edit my first post and list them for future consultation for others, i am now looking to find a decent priced system that works fine, i need to cover an isolated country house on 4 level, evey level is about 180 Square metres plus a gate entrance that is about 30 metres awayfrom the house.
Not only will i be installing about 11 V2 wyze cams but also 10 Sonoff mini’s for the lights that look out on the gardens around the house, so i need something that will extend the wifi without hicups.
I was looking at this last night, what do you guys think?

Tenda MW6 Nova Wave

1 Like

It would be great it you guys also write the model , i’ve looked around and there are many models of the same brand, Grazie.

Been using TP-Li nk Deco M5 and I am going to have to try another brand I am afraid. It is having issues with capacity at around 60 IoT devices with memory and cpu usage reading 2/3 to 3/4 of the threshold and showong.in the yellow. But my devices are having connectivity issues since they were put it and my ring doorbell 2 was replaced 6 times due to the known (known afterwards to me) issues with ring battery devices and mesh system. I am hoping there is a mesh system with good traffic analysis soon because i would like to know where the excessive bandwidth is being used and why. I am probably going to.get an older cisco enterprise router and switch set up for routing and then use the m5’s for access points to see if that improves it enough worth keeping them. After a year and a replacement set of m5’s i have learned a lot and know that tp-link is a budget system not for power IoT users with 15 security cams (12 of them wyze) and lots of lights, plugs, garage doors, more lights, ecobee, Alexa in every room, google nest hub, even more lights, etc…

2 Likes

I have a Google router, no additional pucks, and have 4 cameras and a total of maybe 15 devices including Roku, Firesticks, laptops, Chromebooks, and a couple of desktop PCs using wifi.

No wifi related issues with the Wyze cams although if you’ve seen my other posts, whenever I try to view any SD card recordings from the cameras, initially the camera will say that there are no recordings, then it will crash, freeze, and will either restart on its own or need to be restarted through the app. Once it restarts a couple of times, then the video clips will show up and I’ll be able to see them. I doubt this is wifi related though.

1 Like

I am using the Netgear Orbi RBK 23

1 Like

I’ve been using the Netgear Orbi RBK43 (1 main, 2 satellites) for probably over a year with no issues. My extensive device list is as follows: 6 Wyze cameras, 1 door bell camera, 3 fire sticks, 2 phones, 6 Amazon Echo’s, 2 Tivo boxes, 2 tablets, 3 Chromecasts, 1 server, 1 NAS box, 1 laptop, 3 smart plugs, 2 smart bulbs, 4 games consoles.

Wireless performance is very good. I just with that it supported IFTTT so that I could create a routine to automatically turn notifications on or off when there is no-one home.

1 Like

Google Nest mesh router with 2 points- 6 cameras. No problems inside or outside

2 Likes

I have used Wyze cams and plugs with both the Tenda MW3 and MW6 mesh WiFi with absolutely no problems.

2 Likes

Netgear Orbi RBR50 here. Zero issues in 2 years.

1 Like

I am using Ubiquiti’s Amplifi HD mesh with 4 cameras and roughly 50 devices on the network with zero issues.

2 Likes

Been running Orbi RBK50 almost 2 years no issues with cams

2 Likes

I have 4 cameras running on a Linksys Velop 3 node system. No problems.

1 Like

I am also utilizing Linksys Velop and and only had issues with 2.4 vs 5khz networks. I preferred same name and that complicated things. I am running 9 cameras, wyze lights, and amny other devices totalling over 40 on network at any given time. I am running 3 velop nodes. One on each floor of the home covering 1000 square ft each as well as third out in the barn which is 100 ft from the house.

1 Like

I have 6 cams outside, 2 cams inside and 2 switches on 2 - Asus routers with AIMesh. I have not had any signal issues at all. My WiFi Strength on my farthest outside camera is 98%

2 Likes