Wyze cameras no longer work with Alexa

I have an Echo Show and 2 Fire TVs, the Wyze cameras I have worked fine with Alexa until today.

Alexa with works with a non-Wyze cam I have and the Wyze camera live feed is available thru my android phone app.

It stopped working before I did the latest firmware upgrade and still did not work after doing the latest upgrade.

These cameras are useless to me unless they work thru Alexa because I only use an old android phone on wifi to do the initial setup and upgrades, my regular phone is a windows phone.

So if I can’t view the live Wyze camera feeds on my Echo Show or Fire TVs then I might as well pack them away and start looking for other cameras.

Anyone else having this problem ?

Like I said. it worked fine thru Alexa until today so if something was changed they need to change it back.

I already tried the normal stuff to try, I disabled and re-enabled the Wyze Skill for Alexa, then I also tried rebooting both cameras, but since the live feed is available thru the android app it must be something else. It is not Alexa as I can access a non-Wyze camera I have using Alexa.

I really liked these cameras, but not if I have to troubleshoot stuff every few weeks.

Any help is appreciated !!!

Same problem. Sounds like a server problem. Hopefully Wyze sees this soon.

Thanks, hopefully this won’t be a frequently recurring server problem.

Did you check your Password, the new app needs 8 or more characters. After which you need to go into the Alexa app and disable and enable the Wyze skill again with the new PW.

Thanks for the suggestion but my password is 8 or more characters.

I was waiting to post this to make sure it was still working all day, but I once again can access my Wyze cameras with Alexa on my Echo Show. So whatever the problem was yesterday that me and others were having must have been resolved, someone on the thread thought it may have been a server problem,

If you can logout and in on your Alexa app also with your Wyze app and view cams too with both of their account names and PWs.
Then IMO the problem has to do with the integration in the Alexa app.
Some users have more than one Amazon and Wyze account (spouses) and mix them up.

Once I lost my Wzse cam login to this forum and changed my PW on the Web browser.
The Alexa/Wyze integration ran for a while then suddenly lost its ability to open and view the cams on my Fire TV/Cube.

Thanks but we keep it all on one account to avoid confusion, but like I said it’s working again today without me having to do anything, so maybe it was a problem with their servers.

Here is another thread relating to this - https://forums.wyze.com/t/alexa-show-not-working/9133/30

So, I couldn’t find a recent post for this issue. I say “Alexa, show me front door cam”. She says “OK” and either it shows Waiting for Wyze or nothing happens after I hear Alexa say OK. Sometimes the video feed buffers and then disconnects after a few seconds. This happens every time now. I don’t even bother trying to work with Wyze cameras on my Echo, it’s pointless now. I’ll use my iPhone. However, my Wyze bulbs and Wyze plugs all work well with Echo through voice commands. Something about the video feed from the Wyze servers to my Echo is really wrong. Anyway. Really glad to see Wyze is coming out with robotic vacuums and lawn sprinklers. I’m being sarcastic if you couldn’t tell.

1 Like

After the new FW update my Amazon Fire TV cube buffs more now when viewing the footage on my Smart TV.

I have 8 Wyze cameras that no longer will display on my Fire TVs now too. They previously worked fine on all of my Fire TVs since I got them and then some weeks back they just all stopped working. I used to get the camera loading screen but I’ve since tried renaming my cameras, disabling and re-enabling the skill, and deleting and rediscovering the devices and now Alexa just says the camera isn’t responding.

If I do all of the above, I can get some of the cameras to work once or twice and then it’s back to the camera “isn’t responding”.

It’s the last straw for me. Other cameras are actually integrated with Alexa, namely, when the motion detector goes off it can make an announcement. The only thing this camera did was to show on FireTV (*after a long delay) and now it doesn’t even do that! I don’t know if Amazon will give me a refund, but I’m going to try. Also, I hated the app from the very start–now it wants more permissions for no apparent increase in (free) functionality.
*I put an access point right next to the thing, gave it its own QOS bandwidth and still it buffers. By the time you see the stream, the package thief is long gone!

After reading your post I tried asking Alexa to see my Wyze cameras and it no longer worked with any of the three I tried. I could access the Wyze camera feed manually thru my phone app so I know the camera itself is working okay. Also I have a different brand of camera and tried asking Alexa to see that one and it showed it right away, so I know Alexa is working. This must be something fairly recent as I used to be able to ask Alexa to see my Wyze cameras and it would work.

Does anyone know if this is a temporary glitch or did Wyze change something so their cameras will no longer work with Alexa ?

If they did stop supporting access thru Alexa I think it will cost them some business as I know I search for products compatible with Alexa when I buy stuff that could be used thru Alexa.

I have v2 cameras set up with alexa and they worked perfectly fine with fireOS tablet until recent update.

Now Alexa will attempt to launch the camera but will instead say “Ok, your alexa enabled device does not currently support that” and shuts down

My guess is Alexa skill for Wyze needs an update since it was last did 10 months ago according to Alexa skill shop.

I’m planning to buy 4 more cameras for work and they surely will lose business for not catching up!

I think it was a temporary issue, I was having the same problems yesterday but everything is working fine today.

1 Like

Thanks for the update, and glad to hear that, after reading your post I tried mine and all 3 of my Wyze cameras responded to my Alexa commands again !

1 Like