Wyze Cam v4 Ideas

How would that differ from the two existing Wyze battery powered cameras?

All I knew of was one battery powered one and looking for a cheaper one basically. Feel like one could be made cheaper than the one available now.

Great wish list to make the products better. Doubtful Wyze will listen.

Been with Wyze since they started and they likely will not add any of these in the Wyze To Do list. They are all about making the quick dollar off new products than improving existing products, likely because they don’t make much profit off each product to warrant spending real development money to improve current products. They likely lack the appropriate brain power to calculate the benefits(increased features bring more customers and repeat business).

The features u mention are for higher priced higher quality systems which Wyze clearly isn’t. Knowing how inferior the products are compared to the competition, I have steered clear of the latest alarms and door lock products.

1 Like

If you put all of your cams in a group, you can see them stacked together on the phone app, If you turn the phone sideways it’ll show you 4 cams at a time on the same screen.

Your other two points seem to be an attempt to replace your existing fixed surveillance system with Wyze cameras. Seems like a step down. No offense to Wyze. They just don’t make dedicated surveillance systems.

2 Likes

The horrendous, worst-in-class microphone (audio recording quality) must be drastically improved, and they should also make the audio full duplex so that people can speak into and out of the camera simultaneously without one cutting the other off.

2 Likes

Built in spotlight on the V4

1 Like

Wyze cam v4 idea

I would like the next version of the wyze camera v4 to make a sound when the camera detects a person . Like what Vivint cameras do.

On both doorbell cameras and stand alone cameras .

1 Like

Hmm, almost 7 out of 19 ain’t bad?

1 Like

Please test V4 with the Web View. Shouldn’t be too hard, but you didn’t do it with the V3 Pro, so I thought I’d suggest it.

1 Like

All V3 cam settings not working correctly

I have 2 new v3 cameras. I keep getting event notifications every minute from both cameras every time a car passes on the street in the front of my house. I have tried every possible setting to stop getting moving vehicle notifications. I have unchecked all vehicle settings. Unchecked all motion settings. Blocked out street in detection zone. Nothing has worked. How can I accept the cam trial offer when nothing is working properly. Also other issues I am constantly having is a failure to upload event to cloud. This is happening on both new cameras. I have an older v3 camera without cam plus and have no issues with uploading to cloud.

My wish is that Wyze gets wise and fixes these issues. My wish is that Wyze uses infrared instead of pixelation on their cameras. I want the cam to sense body heat just like my security light works. All I want to do is detect people/ intruder on my property. I don’t need to detect cars passing on the street. I will not spend a penny on cam plus if these issues are corrected. You need to work on existing quality issues b4 coming up with new products. Thank You for your attention to this matter

Increase two way audio output with addition speaker jack to feed external amplified speaker

Speaker audio is sometimes too low to be heard outdoors. Adding and external audio jack would enable users to attach and outdoor amplified speaker. Yeah. Then they will hear you.

[Mod Note]: Your request was merged to this topic for consistency in grouping similar requests. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button. You may also wish to comment on and/or vote for Connect an External Speaker.

1 Like

Your issue is related to contrast. The positioning and aiming of your camera means that it’s got that bright light were the dude was standing shining right at your lens.

This isn’t a wyze issue. It’s an auto-focus for any camera issue. Your eyes can see it, The AI is looking for changes in contrast. Your camera having a light pointed directly into it is affecting your AI. Might try repositioning your camera so it isn’t “staring” into the flashlight. Camera lenses can’t do what the human eye can. Never will be able to.

Merry Christmas!

Camera lenses unlike human eyes are not “blinded” by bright, non-pulsating lights. Since Wyze cam sees things as modulating pixels, it can spot the moving lighter shirt on top of the static darker background. At least, it supposed to… unless it’s been programmed not to for some reason.

Anyways, I repositioned the camera. A bar now blocks most of the porch light, but it still doesn’t pick up people walking up to the house. I can bump up the detection sensitivity but that just increases false alerts. Maybe I should experiment by signing up for the so-called AI and see if it suddenly does what it’s supposed to.

I have Cam+ and it seems to work pretty well. I’ve had an issue with lights causing it some problems, but nothing I wouldn’t expect. I still think the Nest doorbell detection is awesome - it actually recognizes faces!

I use mine for pet detection (amongst other things), and it works great.

Your answer is not at all related to my Wyze issues.
Maybe you sent to wrong person. I dont have a light pointing into my cam

You’re right. My answer was discussing with wecarealot. Sometimes the notifications go to others. We had our discussion. Thanks for your patience. Merry Christmas!

Politely disagree. Camera iso settings and aperture adjustments, even when accomplished in digital formats, are not usually able to single out specific zones of a detector. The detectors, especially for NV and IR ranges are auto-gain functions. But the “whole” detector array is going to be set to the same gain. It means that if you have a glare shining directly into the camera, it’s going to turn down the gain, which will affect detection. Especially near the corona of the glare. Because of the reduced contrast.

I work as an engineer with military-grade NV, as well as being a photographer for decades, and I can say for certain that the detectors are sensitive to contrast issues for detection. And more so right around a glare corona. There is no auto-gain function that can distinguish the two relative lumens for a 3D image and a “near shadow” cast between the receiver and the light source as well as the human eye can. So you can see the dude in the glare, but if it’s having trouble that close to the corona, it’s not unexpected.

Understand the pain in the neck for the positioning. My camera array is all “high mounted”, which required “extra” engineering for the power supplies. I don’t know if buying the AI will help you, but it may. Best of luck. I understand the frustration. It’s a pain.

The second photo I posted above shows Wyze cam singling out the moving headlamps even with the bright porch light. The camera’s detection system works. It’s not hampered by a static area of white pixels. Maybe I should play with the sensitivity to find the sweet spot between detecting a person and detecting a twinkle from a streetlamp in the distance.

OR, as I keep wondering, it’s being prevented from seeing people in order to get sell subscriptions.

Yeah. It’s a challenge. Good luck. I did see the second photo.

The reason why it picks up the car moving is because it’s looking for a change in contrast between adjacent pixels in order to call that “motion”. So what I’m suggesting is that although the person has sufficient contrast in the human eye and speed of change of contrast between pixels, depending on how the algorithm defines “adjacent” pixels, it may be (I don’t know, because I don’t have access to the code) an issue of your neighbor was not moving fast enough through the pixel frames? I’m completely guessing here based on how pixels work and the definition of “motion” is defined in the frame.

I appreciate that it’s a headache to get it set up. That stinks for you, and I empathize.

IF you’re able to provide a different mounting location that looks more “down” that might help. Or if you’re able to tip that other light source a bit more “down” that might help. It may not. That may also obscure (i.e. not light) the area that you’re interested in watching as well?

I found components that were able to deliver reliable 5V DC power by getting a 12V CCTV power supply off Amazon (~$50) and then using a step-down buck converter (12V-to-5V USBA) to power my cameras. That’s pretty involved. But it allowed me to mount my cameras where I wanted them to avoid the interference and NOT have to go to a battery-powered system. Could provide links if you’re interested. It’s not complicated from a design standpoint, but it’s a DIY-Intermediate-level project.

Let me know if you’re interested, and I can pass it along. Best wishes. Good luck. And Merry Christmas.

The headlamps are not in the detection zone. The Wyze cam is actually picking up that light reflecting on objects in the zone. Light that appears and quickly disappears. Yet it’s enough to alert the app. But it seems that a person walking into the zone for a longer duration than that light reflection is not enough to alert the app.

Pixel brightness and movement duration activates a process in the code. For the app to ignore a longer duration of movement… well, it doesn’t compute. It would require secondary code with another set of values to override the first.