Wyze cam V3!

Did you guys see that not so subtle V3 hint at the end of that new email!?!? Definitely excited to see what upgrades they added! 4K maybe??

8 Likes

I havenā€™t gotten any mail from Wyze in many weeks. Care to copy/paste the hint youā€™re talking about?

1 Like

Yep, weā€™ve still got multiple planned product announcements before the end of the year. Weā€™ll just keep them a surprise for now. One of them will probably be our biggest announcement ʐVER. Stay tuned.

3 Likes

Hah! Not so subtle indeed. They really have been busy this year havenā€™t they. Thanks.

Iā€™m going to go big and guess that they added 4K! Lol

Yup noticed that :slight_smile: I love Wyzeā€™s hints! I always have fun trying to figure out what their hints mean

I canā€™t wait to find out more info on all their upcoming products!

2 Likes

Crud, how did I glance over that!? Well that would be cool!

4 Likes

What makes you think they were referring to a V3? (Iā€™m not saying youā€™re wrongā€¦theyā€™ve hinted about a V3 for months now). Still, it could be something else they are more excited about than just another cam.

Maybe itā€™s a Robot vacuum. Some lists of most popular IOT devices show smart speakers at the top, then video doorbells and smart locks, followed by robot vacuums.

We do know they have been developing a smart sprinkler system, though they should wait to release that until late winter / early spring.

It could be a smart heater (haha, donā€™t kill the messenger everyone).

I am trying not to be too excited for the V3, considering the subscription direction theyā€™ve been taking. Iā€™d love 2K/4K, RTSP/NAS, local PD/Pet detection like others, better detection zones, wired, waterproof, and all the stuff some competitors do locallyā€¦but I fear the investors are demanding to keep everything to subscriptions now. If that is the case, I will still buy some V3ā€™s, but Iā€™ll probably mostly use others like Eufy Indoor 2K for better PD, etc.

Speaking of AI detection, I really loved what they are doing with that. Cam Plus will now have Person, Pet, Vehicle, & Package detection! Thatā€™s awesome. I might actually get/keep Cam Plus for my Video Doorbell if the costs donā€™t go up by then.

I mean, their AI is already scanning all the videos, might as well look for those things too while itā€™s spending the processing time.

Still, Iā€™m hoping the V3 is one of their planned announcements, but that their BIGGEST ANNOUNCEMENT EVER will be something else awesome too.

3 Likes

They added V3 in there. What other V3 would they be referring to? V3 with 4K would be pretty big for them.

3 Likes

Ah, I totally missed that the word ā€œĘVERā€ was written weird. Yes, it does strongly scream Ver 3. LOL, canā€™t believe I missed that the first 2 times I read it. Thanks.

I canā€™t imagine theyā€™d want to store so much 4K footage on the cloud though (which is what theyā€™ve been moving toward forcing on us). I think at best we might hope for 2K, which is still double the resolution.

4 Likes

Regardless itā€™s safe to say V3 will be announced by the end of the year. The details and specs is totally up in the air for speculation and discussion.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure itā€™s going to be made a main part of the new ā€œsecurity systemā€ theyā€™re launching, but hopefully allow us to order them separately too.

2 Likes

Saw it, and I canā€™t imagine what else it would be with this hint:
ā€œOne of them will probably be our biggest announcement ʐVER.ā€

1 Like

Even works backward. Ver., Rev. Somebody in marketing deserves a bonus. :wink:

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure itā€™s going to be the V3 cam but Iā€™m hoping the big deal is with the extra processing power in the new cam, they will have PD local again.

1 Like

Two days ago, Wirecutter accidentally published an article saying Wyze Cam v3 release on Oct 27. Once everyone started talking about it, wirecutter revised the article. You can see the clipping from a screenshot in the reddit discussion.

For the lazy, here is the direct screenshot link.

3 Likes

So, still $20, faster processor, better color night vision, and in the previous paragraph it said Apple home kit, which presumably means dual streaming with at least 1080p & 720p (maybe 2K?) and possibly rtsp and home assistant access (which other home kit products are able to do).

Iā€™ll definitely buy some!

Whatā€™s not said:
Probably no PD without cam plus, though theyā€™re getting some awesome new cam plus features (vehicle, pet and package detection).

For $20, Iā€™ll order at least a few even if some of those deductions are wrong.

5 Likes

I hope they donā€™t force themselves to $20. I would rather pay $30 and have a reliable product.

3 Likes

Exactly. Iā€™d rather it be $30 or $40 with local Person Detection, 2K or higher resolution, RTSP, and reliable local storage options.

Letā€™s see what they pull off.

3 Likes

I agree with all points made! I really hope lots of new features are added and Wyze doesnā€™t make any cuts just to keep the price $20. If Wyze needs to up the price thatā€™s fine by me :slight_smile:. I canā€™t wait to find out more information about the Wyze Cam v3 and hopefully, we only have to wait a few more days :grinning:. Iā€™m sure not matter what the price point is Wyze will make another great and affordable product!

1 Like