Wyze cam V3 stuck on solid red light

My four v3’s have been stuck on version 4.36.1.4 since any newer version would result in red light, either updating through the app or manual method. Tried the newly released version 4.36.6.17 on one of them yesterday using the manual method and it actually worked. Will try the other 3 this week.

Not really an option for Canadian buyers… Unless things have changed with the new Wyze Canadian warehouse ?

Well look at that! SURPRISE… to no one.

I woke up to another bricked V3. This one held up since May.

I am now 5 bricked v3 cams in 10. Time for me to call up Wyze I guess.

Let us know how it goes! It would be interesting to see how Wyze responds to the fact that five of your V3s have had this exact same thing happen.

Of course, I’m sure they’ll just ask you to do a network test to make sure it isn’t a network issue. Unfortunately, error code 90 just indicates that the camera is offline, which could mean anything. I don’t think Wyze really realizes what is going on because they don’t ask for the cameras back.

I’m likely going to mail my bricked ones to Wyze HQ with a mention of this thread and just ask them to research the issue.

Interestingly it appears that Wyze is in fact very aware of what’s going on.

well well, mine too. I haven’t updated anything, wife just messaged me the front yard camera not working (V3). Like yours, error Code 90. She already cycled power twice and nothing happens/ Just outside Amazon return. This getting ridiculous now, 3 cameras=3 dead cameras. The V2’s been going for years in from -35C to 40C without any issues. If indeed turns out to be dead, last straw for me, Returning the door bell and going to start replacing cameras to different brand.

Mine wasn’t touched / updated since June 2021 with update 4.36.2.5 (before the beginning of this fiasco). I was too scared of ending up with a bricked cam so I didn’t take a chance with firmware update (OTA & manual).

From the look of it I might have as well just updated the damn thing cause the cam still bricked itself (6 months after updating).

I still have one cam v3 with 4.36.2.5 purchased around the same time and updated at the same time too. I think I will just bite the bullet and update to the latest firmware before the warranty’s end and see how it goes.

All the other replacement cams have the stock 4.36.1.10 and will remain like that until wyze get their act together.

UPDATE 1:
I have successfully gone through 3 OTA updates in a row on the last still not bricked 4.36.2.5 cam v3. Cam appears to be healthy with 4.36.6.17. Remains to be seen for how long… I will keep all posted.

UPDATE 2:
For all Canadian buyers beware! I have just been informed by Wize support that even though ca.wyze.com is now online, replacements under warranty is STILL only an American thing!?!?! So if you are to purchase Wyze products, you might consider buying from Home Depot or Petsmart and NOT from Wyze’s Canadian website!!! Otherwise you will be screwed when your purchase bellies up.

Mine alive for now. Power cycling many times did nothing, I had given up and was going to pull it down tomorrow, but somehow started working on it’s own. I had checked the router and wasn’t connected. weird [Mod Edit]
Glad not firmware nightmare like before. These camera’s are nowhere near as good as the V2’s.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

I bought mine Wyze3 in Amazon.ca they dont support warranty, I am so upset for buying this product on Amazon I strongly recommend people not to buy this crap, After 4 month i bought it shows solid red light, I tried everything, nothing works, Wyze does not support canadian customers

Yup pretty much. Are you anywhere close to the border? Cause Wyze can ship to Border Mail Depot and with the border being now opened you can at least get your cam replaced under warranty.

there is no return option in amazon after few days, I dont see any other way to return it, through amazon

What is Amazon Canada’s return policy? in the US it is at least 2 weeks. Used to be a month. I don’t know what Wyze policy is since opening Canadian orders, but that would be interesting too. There is typically a 1 year warranty.

30 days. If bought after Nov 1st than Jan 31st last day. They always seem to increase it during Xmas.

If crossing the border is possible you can get your cam replaced under warranty by Wyze by having them send the replacement at a temporary US address close to the border which is what Border Mail Depot is all about.

If you can’t cross the border then you can get BorderMailDepot to ship to you for a fee (the shipping is not worth it for just one cam).

So you are not totally out of option. But yeah you can forget Amazon though. And indeed until Amazon Canada becomes an official reseller I would suggest avoiding their Wyze products.

In the states is 1 full year in canada in amazon.ca 2 months, my cam broke down in 4 months. Only home depot and another store are authorize sellers in canada.

Google Wyze warranty is clear

They ask for the proof of purchase that show my address in BC, it was purchased in amazon.ca does not allow me to return it

I use the mail in blaine many times i live 15 mins from there, but the invoice shows Canadian purchase from an non authorized seller “amazon.ca”

Home Depot and Petsmart are the two authorized resellers other than Wyze themselves but even then no matter from which you buy in Canada the 1 year warranty doesn’t apply unless you are willing to cross the border and proceed with RMA there.

The reason I mention BorderMailDepot is because I did it myself by the way…

Yes you must provide your infos and receipt but for delivery you can get it sent to an address in the USA and then cross the border to get it there. Just ask.

Thanks for the update i was planning to buy another one from home depot as an authorize seller, but now, I don’t know.

Now is too much hassle crossing the border.