Wyze Cam v3 Siren

I was wondering if it is possible to turn on the siren when a person is detected on Wyze Cam v3. I know manually you can turn it on, but I don’t see any way to associate it with person detection.

I tried to create a trigger, but v3 does not have “turn on siren” as action.

Any ideas?

1 Like

Wyze is working on it. This feature should be available in the near future.

See Support Article FAQ

We’ve improved the volume of the speaker so that it can be used as a siren, which is loud so you can use it to ward off intruders. Control the Siren feature from the Wyze app, either by manually turning it on, or by setting it to trigger by another Wyze device.

4 Likes

@StopICU33 Ok great, thanks.

1 Like

Will there be other sound effects such as a barking pawing at the door dog, the chambering of a shotgun shell?

Hi @victormaletic,

Not that I’m aware of. You can suggest these extra features in the Wishlist thread here.

Maybe request the V3 to work with the doorbell via rules. It has the following sounds/chimes.

1 Like

Well that’s an interesting way of interpreting language. “We’ve” is “We have” as in have already done. It doesn’t suggest that they will improve the volume but that the current sub-80db (see attached image) is the increased volume. It also suggests that full functionality is already present and NOT that it is coming. Wyze is currently pushing out device after device, some, if not all with glaring programming and hardware issues. It appears that Wyze is struggling and flailing. They are pushing devices that seem out of character and outside the originally stated ethos of the company. This siren would need to be 100db or louder to ward off intruders. With the sub-80db currently, I doubt that anyone outside of a 100 yard radius would even register the sound.

1 Like