Wyze Cam v3 Now Available! - 10/27/20

Have you tried contacting support? I’d give the phone number a call without delay if you decide to cancel the order.

Wyze Support:
By phone: (206) 339-9646 Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT

3 Likes

Hi @Lgpcooljoe and welcome to the Forum.
Yes, California has shutdown and I stopped getting updates on my packages, too.
Here in Los Angeles we’ll be shutting down at 10:00 PM tonight. :woman_shrugging:
Hopefully the :sun_with_face: will come up tomorrow. . . :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Well said! Thanks for the additional insight!
Methinks Shakespeare had a line for this. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it was a food delivery, not Amazon…

This is the news report I saw:
https://abc13.com/amazon-driver-takes-photo-of-delivered-package-then-steals-it/5603990/#:~:text=A%20package%20left%20on%20a,walked%20off%20with%20the%20package.

I made a lot of noise about how folks were upset about the pre-orders not being included so we added them for the next coupon round since we knew to plan for it. :slight_smile:

It may be worth checking with the Wizards to see if they’d be willing to apply it without you cancelling your order.

3 Likes

Fedex has picked up package in Greenwood, IN. Delivery date not yet notified. Probably last mile delivery by USPS.

I tried to contact but not getting anywhere with cancellation. Unless it already shipped and the website doesn’t reflect that. I am in a city that is locked down again so may that is it?

So I still cannot get this V3 order cancelled. Not hearing back at all. I guess it must be shipping although I see nothing as far as pick pack or whatever. Oh well I’ll beg money off a relative for my meds. But I’m a bit confused? I thought we had ability for night vision mode even outside yet I"m seeing people saying they don’t have that function from the app. I really like night vision mode as I like night to look like night time. Call me weird but am I misreading the reports others are stating?

Needless to say though I’m a bit annoyed at the fact that I can’t cancel this order.

How did you try contacting Support about the cancelation?

I think there might have been some times where folks don’t quite understand what the starlight sensor does, and that learning curve may lead to misunderstanding. It’s the hardware, it’s a new upgraded sensor that captures more light making color night vision possible (without ir, but still needs some visible light), and then when night vision is enabled, has a much crisper black and white image that is illuminated by ir and visible light better.

Here is a v3 and a v2. In the same lighting conditions, same settings (NV off). Much improvement.

3 Likes

Fedex delivered my V3 order, Sunday Nov 22.

1 Like

Setup 1 V3. Initial comments.

1. Setup is similar to V2, the barcode scan by camera is a bit finicky. Updated to FW 4.36.0.125.
  2. Detection zone is ‘rectangular’, not the grid as per latest in V2.

They we will be updating that soon

I guess I"m confused. I want black and white 24/7 if I want it that way, but if that function is not available then I’ll just stick with the V2. I have tried calling and got the “We’ll see if we can cancel” from the rep. But no follow up email.

Just leave night vision set to “on”. Black and white screen is all you’ll get then.

1 Like

This is V3_NighVision_ON|690x388 the picture from my V3 set to ‘Night Vision’ ON.

3 Likes

3. Tried streaming V3 video feed to Google Hub (Home). Made several attempts and then video feed stabilized and running OK for the last 5 minutes.

Mine was ordered Nov 3, when will they ship?

Check your order information

I still don’t know the status of my cam and/or cancellation. This is getting very annoying. It’s really turning me off on buying anything else from Wyze.