Wyze Cam v3 Now Available! - 10/27/20

Will this allow for those of us who have the grandfathered version of person detection?

7 Likes

And my Wyze outdoor cams, are supposed to be arriving today. I’m kind of feeling like I made a bad purchase, and that could have been avoided if Wyze could have communicated better. This “surprise announcement”, along with the timing of the Outdoor pre-order was, there is no other way I can put it, poorly planned.

So will this make Outdoor Cam pretty much obsolete? Will we be able to return the Outdoor Cam for credit?

7 Likes

Looks like the upside here compared to my current other cams is the color night vision for outdoors to see further away and the true 2 way talk feature (no push to talk), and the price. Glad Wyze is always finding new ways to stay at the top the game!!! Great work Wyzesters!!!

6 Likes

I have to wait till Wyze Day 2021’s free shipping to get v3.

2 Likes

I like what I see… but a couple questions come up.

1. It does not appear that V3 supports functionality as a bridge for Wyze Sense. Correct? Still need a Wyze Cam v2 to operate Wyze Sense
  2. Is the siren the full 80 dB? Would be nice to be a bit louder. 100dB +/- is a good security siren
  3. Is the siren interactive with triggers (ie Wyze Sense/Wyse Lock, etc)?
  4. The video mentions accessories? Tell me more!
  5. Geofencing? I know it’s a long shot, but I really want to stop using other devices and/or IFTTT to get this basic smart device functionality.
  6. Nightvision/IR improvements - are those attributable to the new IR light approach (2x lights near & far)? I ask because I want a cam that view through a window and IR lights are useless. It would be nice if actual sensor has improvements as well.

Thanks (can’t say yet whether or not purchase is pending, but it’s a step up, for sure).

6 Likes

@prjct92eh2, TBD for HomeKit. :slight_smile:

@zaul.covarrubias526, it is not eligible for the pay-what-you-want person detection at this time.

@mcart, sorry about that! If you don’t open them, you can contact our team about doing a return. Wyze Customer Support

Wyze Cam Outdoor can go where Wyze Cam v3 can’t because it’s battery-powered. They are different products intended for different functions. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

@pthalodezin, I ask because I want a cam that view through a window and IR lights are useless. It would be nice if actual sensor has improvements as well.

I am not sure anyone has done this before with being able to see thru a window at night or if it is even possible. IR light simply reflects back when it comes into contact with glass. But I hope it has been done. :slight_smile:

Also, don’t mistake my sense of urgency for saltiness. It is what it is. Need to find a way to promptly work this out as we’ve been in camera limbo for a couple months now, and the V2 we have outdoors needs to come inside in a few weeks to become a baby monitor :blush:

5 Likes

Now, you say at this time, does this mean it may be in the future :pray: or probably not ever :sob:? I was about to buy 3 new cameras today but now I am wondering if I should get the V3

I just ordered 2, however it would be really good customer service to pass on the free shipping to those of us who have pre-ordered (showing Wyze our support) and those like me that have bought many Wyze products in the past.

4 Likes

@pthalodezin:

1. Wyze Cam v3 is not compatible with Wyze Sense v1. We are working on Wyze Sense v2 and it will have a standalone bridge!

2. Yes, the siren is 80 dB.

3. The siren can be used with Rules!

4. There’s a little information about accessories at the bottom of the product page but we won’t give much more info until later.

5. We are looking into geofencing.

6. The sensor has improvements as well. I think it would perform better through windows but I still wouldn’t recommend IR against glass.

8 Likes

Actually, the solution that woks is to get a directional IR light and put it outside the window, but in a rental situation like mine, I can’t wire the light. I want a CMOS sensor that is more sensitive to the visible spectrum. That really is the question. IR through glass is impossible. Glass reflects IR.

1 Like

@zaul.covarrubias526, I wouldn’t bank on it but I can’t say for sure it would never happen. If pay-what-you-want is successful, we would like to roll it out to other products.

2 Likes

Hurray!!! Congratulations!!! We used one of ours for a baby monitor and it was amazing! If you have google or alexa displays it makes it even better. Just ask and boom it pops up! We now use it mostly as a toddler monitor which means if its silent we turn it on :scream:!

3 Likes

Ok! I may just order more V2s for now. I can always get more in the future. I really enjoy all of my Wyze products!

2 Likes

Putting an IR light outside might do it for sure…I never thought about that…how interesting…thanks for sharing. Yeah sucks that you cannot wire it though!

Are you sure it works with Google?

FYI, you want to use what is called an IR illuminator light if you go with that approach.

1 Like

We are working with Google to resolve it.

1 Like

The new CMOS Starlight Sensor is so sensitive now that if you have any light at all nearby (like a yard light) you may find it never switches to IR vision and just stays in color all night long. In situations where the V2 saw all black with a point of light, this camera can see a color scene. It is very impressive, and IMO the biggest selling point of this camera!

V3 (top), vs V2 in low-res group mode, (both looking at the same scene at the same time thru my garage window with NO IR lights active on either):

20 Likes