Wyze Cam v3 Now Available! - 10/27/20

Yep!

3 Likes

Where is pan cam v3?

2 Likes

Thank you for the feedback! Much appreciated.

1 Like

I have had v2’s and the outdoor cameras successfully stream to the google home hub in the past. It was not working the last time I tried it maybe 2 weeks ago (not a feature I use often).

1 Like

Yes, preferably with all the same features plus 2K or 4K, RTSP, Local PD, & death lasers included (okay, only the last one is a joke…sort of…).

Have a pancam like that would make it AMAZING!

1 Like

Not yet, but they are researching it - please follow the link below and vote to have your voice heard…if you haven’t already:

1 Like

It’s interesting to note that this camera appears to resolve all of the hot button issues that a lot of folks had with the WCO?

Each camera has its place and use cases. Nice to see the product line rounded out.

1 Like

I personally prefer PIR detection for outdoor cameras but it seems a lot of people did not like the benefits/disadvantages that PIR has Vs Pixel detection.

1 Like

I’m on my iMac as usual

Will it be able to turn image 90 degrees for portrait style viewing instead of landscaped? I think the doorbell cam has this type of feature (portrait style viewing).

Death lasers are option, have to purchase on another site. :wink:

2 Likes

Would love a link to purchase these… :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Ok just got the button for adding to cart.

3 Likes

Just wait, at the rate Wyze is rolling out new products…death lasers are on a white board somewhere at Wyze HQ…

4 Likes

Does the charging port support any data transfer whatsoever?

yes, I realize that, but is there any future potential for something like an ethernet adapter. Does the port itself support that expansion potential?

Where did you find this out?

If it’s like the V2 no. No chip to connect it to and no connections to any of the data pins. Have not seen a tear down of the V3 but at the price point they are at I don’t see them including an unused chipset for possible future use. But who knows, maybe they did?

1 Like

From the FAQ:

“Is the v3 wired?
Yes, Wyze Cam v3 is powered by a USB cable but connects to the Internet via 2.4GHz WiFi.”

2 Likes

webcam firmware available too? please! this would be perfect for livestreaming!