Wyze Cam v3 Now Available! - 10/27/20

Is the camera feed still limited to 10 minutes when viewing on Alexa or Google hub (when assistant is support) devices?

and for the same price. That’s the kicker. Better product, same price. Awesome reviews.

2 Likes

I am at the point where I already have too many cameras and all my other cams are still working great so a bit of a waste to just replace. I may need to just give away my old ones lol

1 Like

I get that. The only reason I am buying one is that it makes specific improvements that I am looking for right now, specifically the siren and the improved night vision (in color). THe fact that I am getting this improved camera at the same price as I did my V1s (all sold now) and my V2s (only two left), is a gift.

1 Like

Cool update!

Has the playback and scrubbing been improved at all? With the faster processing will we get easier scrubbing through recordings to find events? Or fast forward through footage at faster speeds? Anyone know?

Key points from the guidelines to keep in mind:

• Remember to criticize ideas, not people
  • Please avoid name-calling
  • Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream
  • Keep posts relevant to Wyze

Important sections:

Always Be Civil

Somtimes We Disagree

7 Likes

Are you considering integrating RTSP in the default firmware? Most of us wouldn’t want a separate firmware to run it.

2 Likes

must be a glitch it still won’t let me buy it lol

Are you using the app on your phone or are you using a PC or something

Yes, they said they are working on that as a possibility in the future, but it might be a separate firmware.
Just curious why you would WANT it to be a separate firmware rather than built into the same firmware like most companies do it?

I showed it on my big screen TV with fire TV, and it ran for 11 minutes

2 Likes

@UserCustomerGwen Can we get a clarification if HomeKit support could be supported in the future or not. Because this may be on my wanting to buy list if future HomeKit support is possible.
I may look to replace all my V2’s if this has future support. So it’s something I think all of us want to know…

3 Likes

What about a web GUI? Will you ever make it available for easier tinkering from a PC?

3 Likes

I can chim in a bit here. This camera is capable of supporting HomeKit. We are working on it right now.

15 Likes

Gotcha. No worries and I already yanked my post to avoid inadvertently stoking the flames! :innocent:

3 Likes

Excellent news!

1 Like

This is a great question. The real question is whether Homkit is even POSSIBLE on these. V2’s couldn’t qualify because they couldn’t handle dual streaming at 1080p & 720p, so their application was denied. Since Wyze upgraded the processing power, does that mean these can now handle those requirements?

Obviously if Homekit is POSSIBLE, then Wyze will eventually add it (they really wanted to for the V2’s, they just got denied), so I guess the real question is whether the V3’s are even capable of those requirements…

(Edit: Answered while I was typing, before I posted:)

2 Likes

That picture was from the Wyze store on Wyze…not Amazon.

Yep!

3 Likes

Where is pan cam v3?

2 Likes