Wyze Cam v3/Google Assistant Integration

Can you prove that 100% of Wyze owners are unable to connect their device to Google Assistant? If you can’t, then please stop with your personal attacks based on YOUR lack of ability to get what you want the device to do. I have NEVER seen a claim here or on Amazon or anywhere else by ANY company of 100% compatibility with any protocol. Please stop. If you are so hardup for Google Assistant support, then buy a different device.

Dude, you clearly are not very good at this.

Morals and ethics can be used interchangeably. Companies can most certainly behave immorally or unethically. Why you are arguing this silly point is beyond me. But you do you.

Just because I say a company is breaking the law by falsely advertising functionality that they themselves admit is not functioning does not mean I have or want to submit a formal complaint to the FTC. You asked for the law, I provided it. Whether I seek legal remedies for this or not does not change the fact that it is wrong and all Wyze should do is remove the claim until it works. WyzeFred and WyzeGwen would agree.

Why should I have to prove anything? I am but a meager peasant trying to stream his camera to his smart display. My clear lack of ability is not the issue here. You are new to this issue my friend. However, try streaming your cameras for yourself. Let me know if they work. There are a bunch of dudes and dudettes on the other thread that are rooting for ya. Stop by and let us know how it goes.

Until then, peace love and happiness.

Sorry, but words have meanings, and while you may use the two words “interchangeably” they actually mean different things. You are speaking of ethics, but you just don’t want to admit that you used the wrong term (just a guess, it’s because you don’t know what the words mean).

You stated what agency would be in charge or investigation. You made no reference to any laws. You also provided no evidence that they have broken a law. You, in fact, have provided no evidence that the claim is false. Anecdote is not legal evidence and, certainly, is not proof.

New to this issue. Sure, I am new to your incessant complaints that YOU cannot connect YOUR devices. But that isn’t your claim. Your claim is that Wyze is being deceptive and that they bambuzzled you. I ask if you have read through their disclaimers and legal language about connectivity and device compatibility. Have you? I think you likely don’t have a leg to stand on here. I get that you are upset that you can’t do all the fun things you want to do at a cheap price, but thems how the cookie crumbles sometimes. Unless you have evidence that Wyze has violated a legal statute, I strongly advise that you cease such lines of commentary. Without proof and if Wyze can prove that they have not done as you say, you have actually commited a crime and right here in public for everyone to see. They actually would have standing against you. You don’t appear to have any standing against them.

[Mod Edit]

The literal definition of ethical is morally good or correct. The Oxford dictionary uses both words in defining moral : “he prides himself on being a highly moral and ethical person”. If you google synonyms of ethical, the first word is moral. [Mod Edit]

I also literally stated the law in question. The law is called the FTC Act.

Under this Act , as amended, the Commission is empowered, among other things, to (a) prevent unfair methods of competition and unfair or deceptive acts or practices in or affecting commerce; (b) seek monetary redress and other relief for conduct injurious to consumers; (c) prescribe rules defining with specificity acts

My claim is false advertising. I did not claim that they have bambuzzled me. Although I love a good bambuzzling. I remember one time in band camp when we all got bambuzzled…fun times.

As for legs to stand on…Wyze admits that their claim of working with Google Assistant is not very leggy.

But I stand by my previous claim that no immoral or unethical company would ever try to bambuzzle their beloved meager peasants…

As for me…I will stream on…OK Google?

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

Okay, so if someone is both moral and ethical, are they also redundant? So to help you out here, synonyms doesn’t mean “these words mean exactly the same thing”. They can be interchangeable, but in fact, they mean something different. but whatever, intelligent people understand that they are not the same, just similar. The FTC Act is indeed a law, but it is not a law that you can “break”. The FTC Act defines a commission that has the mandate to protect the rights of others. It defines the framework for enforcement of other laws.

But then… you go ahead and start down that road. “false advertising”. Please cite the law which defines false advertising and also a precedent case which deals with what you are claiming. I believe, if I am reading correctly from your previous complaints, that YOU were unable to connect your Wyze camera to a specific device. Once again, if Wyze is able to connect with one Google Assistant product (likely a Google product), then they have achieved their claim. They are not claiming to work on ALL Google Assistant products. I have multiple products that claim to work on Android this and Android that, but every now and then they claim to work on Android (full stop). That isn’t true for all Android devices, but it isn’t a false claim. It isn’t a lie. It sucks when it happens, and I get mad, but I do not accuse the company of lying. I am angry because I didn’t do my due diligence before purchase.

In a consumer/supplier relationship, it is not always the supplier’s responsibility to spoon feed you everything you could ever want to know. In fact, it is more oft than not, that it is your responsibility as the consumer to seek out information. You didn’t get scammed or ripped off. You just didn’t read the fine print (what I have been telling you). Wyze does work with Google Assistant, although not in a comprehensive fashion.

[Mod Edit] I am done. Evidently, I am not the first to try to lead this horse to water. [Mod Edit]

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

Wow dude, you might want to stop. You are really exposing yourself here. The definition of synonym is literally “a word or phrase that means exactly or nearly the same as another word or phrase in the same language”. Copied and pasted directly from the Oxford Dictionary…

The FTC Act prohibits unfair or deceptive advertising in any medium. That is, advertising must tell the truth and not mislead consumers. If you want to know which section of the law specifically prohibits this, go look. Lord love a turtle, are you asking me to cite case precedent? You are really over-estimating my desire to make you look silly. If that is the case…I give.

If you think that “works with Google Assistant” doesn’t mean that it works with Google Assistant built into Nest Hub, Nest Hub Max, or any Chromecast, then what does it mean? I should get mad at myself because I didn’t do my due diligence and prove that when Wyze claims that their products works with Google Assistant, it doesn’t actually mean it works with Google Assistant? What due diligence would you expect me to undertake in? You are making little sense here dude.

If wanting the product to do what the box says it can do without having to buy the product first just to find out is doesn’t do what the box says it can do is considered spoon feeding, then by golly, I guess we all just got forked.

1 Like

My V2’s stream to my chrome cast. I set it up as a tv and tell my Google home to show me the “camera name” on the “tv name”. Admittedly, I’ve not done it in a while, but it worked when I installed and tested them…
Y’all got me worried now, I’ll have to try it again.
Tested it last night, still works fined.
In fact if you set the Google Chrome up as you default tv for the Nest Home, you can just say "show me ‘camera name’ " and it automatically pops up on your tv… After a bit of buffering.

1 Like

Hi, folks!

This conversation has gone on long enough that it is its own conversation now so we’ve moved it to its own thread. We understand the importance of the core of this discussion and don’t want to stifle it.

However, please make sure that you post within the community guidelines. Some of the barbs (which would preferably not be included in the first place) are right at the edge of the guidelines. If you choose to continue this discussion, please scale those back. I have never seen a conversation about semantics improve at this stage so I would recommend dropping that portion.

We want to make sure you have a place where you can discuss Wyze-related topics. But if the attacks continue, we will take moderator action including closing this thread and potentially silencing accounts temporarily depending on the severity.

Thank you for your attention. :slightly_smiling_face:

14 Likes

Fwiw … all 6 of my v2 cams (and one WCO) do as well … stream just fine via Google Assistant to the Chromecast dongle plugged into my Sony Bravia that is, and have for months. Just thought I’d point that out to anyone following this thread who may now be under the impression that it’s not working for anyone.

1 Like

Same here… other than a slight initial buffering delay, no problem streaming via Google Assistant to Google Chromecast Ultra to TV,

1 Like

hmmm, well I guess it’s not broken after all :wink: good to hear

I just recently got a couple of Google Home minis and had set up my Wyze Plugs with no issue. Telling Google to turn off the lights is kinda fun (my kid gets it, but my wife hates it lol).

I haven’t set up my cameras with G Assistant yet since I still have the v1 cam version (yeah, v3 I’m coming for you!) and no way to stream it via TV currently. Really glad to know that it works with Google Assistant as I’m considering buying a Chromecast. But I have a feeling the support for v1 may not be optimal, but understandable.

Man, I wish I had a popcorn though [Insert Michael Jackson eating popcorn meme here]. That was some good show. :slight_smile:

FWIW my son now has my Pan and 1 of my V2’s. Unfortunately he has fallen under the Google Evil spell and has defected to the “dark side”. That said he reports both cameras have no issues connecting and streaming to his Google Hubs and devices.

I love him anyway, but where did I go so wrong? :wink::wink::wink:

4 Likes

ignore [Mod Edit] and similar ilk. these forums are the stomping grounds of Wyze apologists.

[MOD NOTE]: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.