Wyze Cam v3 Firmware Release Candidate Test 10/5/2022

Did anyone get a chance to test of this firmware fixes the bug that was skipping the first minute if every hour (besides midnight)?

@SlabSlayer @IEatBeans I remember you guys confirmed the bug in the last firmware. Did you check if this fixes it?

I’m away from home, so will probably hold off on the update for a while since I can’t power cycle the cams if there is an issue.

3 Likes

:-1: Nope.

Still skipping that minute.

4 Likes

All cameras updated except one - by my choice - 100% success, it’s a bit crazy :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

11 cams updates, all worked after…

1 Like

OP here. Issue persists with this FW update as well with same footage. Haven’t tried recent footage however.

3 Likes

Thanks. Since this is the new Pinned Beta thread, I’m just going to link back to the original issue discovered to make sure it’s still on the list of things needing fixed that are still present in this firmware:

OP Reported here with a good video showing the problem:

More description below that post with people confirming and narrowing down the extent of the bug.
Basically, Playback on the SD card skips the first minute of each hour (besides midnight). The first minute can only be seen if a person scrolls to a point that is actually within that minute. If you start playback even a second before that minute, it will skip over the entire minute segment.

I know WyzeDesmond has already confirmed that he is aware and looking into it, and he’s always proven reliable, so I don’t see a need to specifically tag him yet since it’s only been 3 days since he confirmed this, and I am guessing this firmware was already ready to be pushed to beta without enough time to resolve the issue we reported yet.

2 Likes

Update - Fixed by removing cam and reinstall

2 out of 3 updated with a little effort, the 3rd refuses to complete the update, ending with “update failed, please power cycle your camera and try again” Tried on iPhone and iPad, same result, rebooted and also power cycled a few times, still refusing to update. grateful that the cam still works ok after the failure to update

Log ID 740132

Any advice to fix please?

2 Likes

This firmware is still having bug and issue with sending live recording events to wyze cloud server. Every other clip on one of cameras has question mark next to it and can’t be viewed…

Also skipping time and frames in some recorded clips…

And newer version of public iOS app is still buggy with greyed out options, and when you turn on cam plus options under events viewer, they don’t stay enabled and saved…

Old stable wyze v3 cam firmware did not have these issues as well as way old public iOS wyze app…

Too many changes to firmware and app code leads to too many new bugs and glitches that don’t seem to be fixed… just carried over to next versions….

2 Likes

My cams will not update to the new firmware. It says all ok with 4.36.9.139??

1 Like

Are you enrolled in the Beta Program?

Do you have the V3 cam selected for the Beta Program within the app in Account → About → Beta Program?

4 Likes

No I don’t feel comfortable enough with the Wyze products yet to do that.

Understand. This version of the firmware has not yet been publicly released. It is a Beta Release Candidate, which means it is quite possibly in it’s last wash & rinse cycle before going public.

Once it passes QA @ Wyze, it will then be released publicly and show as available in your current app FW update page. Wyze will post a new thread once that happens.

4 Likes

Ok thanks.

Updated both of my V3 cameras this morning without issue. Both have SD cards, still streaming, all previous data seems to be there.

4 Likes

Welcome to the Wyze User Community Forum @clay.berlo! :raising_hand_man: Glad to have you aboard! :grin:

2 Likes

Updated 4 cams. One cam having random issues uploading event videos and only shows a still shot. Same cam mysteriously experienced a 4 hour window without recording a single event which is odd because it usually records 20-40 motion or sound events per hour. SD card has been removed from the camera though unsure how long ago it was removed. A theft occurred sometime during this time period making the outage even more strange and highly suspicious. Logs have been submitted to confirm if there was any suspected tampering by a shared member. Awaiting response.

1 Like

I had similar oddities occurring and ended up powercycling everything. I ended up with a new UI for cam settings when everything came back online. You may want to try the same. Note new UI settings that affect event recording (cloud storage) and notifications:

3 Likes

Power cycle through the app or physically via their plugs? Can they be cycled all at the same time, or each one individually?

1 Like

I literally pulled the plug.

Edit: I actually killed power to the house (and also restarted phones/tablets) as I have too many cams to individually powercycle. :grin:

I didn’t notice that. I am going to play with it to see how it does. :slight_smile:

1 Like