Wyze Cam v3 Firmware 4.36.8.15 and Wyze Plug 2021 Firmware 1.2.0.126 Released! 12/6/21

Happy Monday, Forum Friends!

Wyze Plugs purchased in 2021 are getting an update today! You can identify them by the key icon on the plug. Firmware version 1.2.0.126 adds support for Time of Day local scheduling! :sun_with_face:

Wyze Cam v3 firmware 4.36.8.15 adds support for exFAT microSD card formats and includes bug fixes and experience improvements for Wyze Cam v3, Wyze Lamp Socket, and Wyze Cam Floodlight!

Read our Release Notes:

9 Likes

I have a V3 that won’t go past 4.36.3.19. I can repeatedly backrev but once it gets to 4.36.8.15 it just reboots over and over again. Flash back… fine… then once I get to 4.36.8.15 again it breaks it and reboots.

Log: 382827

My V3 updated just fine in about 5 min from the app… Did you try to update via the app or the manual method with an SD card.

How big of a exFAT card is “Recommended” Now, any limit?

2 Likes
  • Update attempted via app
  • Update attempt via SD card & manual
  • Update attempted without SD card
1 Like

I just updated my V3 to the latest firmware 4.36.8.15 and now my ATT Fiber router/gateway is constantly spamming me with notifications saying that a DDOS attack was blocked with my V3’s ip address being the target.

I have since turned off ALL my wyze cameras and I am still receiving the DDOS attack notification.

I know for a fact I’m not getting attacked because 1. I’m not that important, and 2. No other devices are effected nor my network traffic.

Any ideas why this would be with the new firmware?

Edit 1: I was able to “pause” the device in my gateway and that seems to stop the notifications also clarifying that it is only my V3 camera, still unsure why it’s happening.

Welcome to the community @ctr904 . I am a community member as you and try to help when I can.

There was another report of a potential bad FW for the v3. I am not experiencing what you are but @UserCustomerGwen recommended that you reach out to security@wyze.com. They have done a preliminary scan of the FW and found no issue, so they have begun doing a deep scan to verify. The link below will take you to the other discussion thread about this. Creating a Log from the potential problematic Camera could help as well and you can provide it to Security for further review. Also note, it could be a false positive as well.

2 Likes

Hey wyze! This new update for the V3 left a lot of questions for myself and other users.

Does the V3 now officially support larger then 32gb cards?

Does the format option from within the cameras settings menu now format to exFAT as well as FAT32? Or is it still just FAT32 if formatted in the cam?

If the camera can now format to exFAT and FAT32 what determines which one will be used during a format? Card size? Or the currently in use format on the card?

If I have a 128gb card what format would be better? Is one better then the other for the cam?

I know my 128gb card was originally exFAT and I formatted it to FAT32 to use with the wyze cam. I’m wondering if I should now format back to exFAT but I don’t know if that would be better or not. If I should format my card back to exFAT I’m also wondering if it is possible to format to exFAT with the cam.

2 Likes

After the plug update, I set up a schedule to turn on/off Christmas tree. But, sometime before time to turn off, the schedule apparently disappeared because I had to turn off the tree. I didn’t notice the missing schedule until this morning when it didn’t turn on, then noticed that Alexa thought it was a new device again… so not sure what kind of crisis it had but hopefully it’s a one time malfunction.