I started a thread nearly 2 months ago that discusses this issue in length. All of the case numbers can be found in the thread along with all of the 10’s of hours I’ve spend discussing and troubleshooting this issue.
In short, the v3 I ordered in October suffered from this problem the day it arrived. The 2nd v3 I ordered, which showed up in mid/late January, did not suffer from this problem until today.
The only work around that is proven to work 100% of the time for Android users is the currently released v3 firmware paired with the current Android beta app.
I tried to not become a beta user, but if I want my v3’s to record from playback I have no choice.