Wyze Cam v3 exceeds 60,000 DNS lookups per day

I’m very concerned these guys are sending our video and voice to google. What other reason could there be? Google has a dns service but they should not need it. All google wants to do is spy on us.

Yeah working well sending crap to google which which I have no relationship with due to cyber security issues~

1 Like

Copy that but like i said our technicians see no issues and if the cameras are working as stated who cares,

According to our service technicians it does send data but if your doing something bad who cares,we are not worried about it at all

Agreed, I’m not having issues with the cameras but definitely unnecessary network traffic.

2 Likes

It might be a non-issue for you, but it is for some. No need to tell people it isn’t a problem.

2 Likes

WiFi only has so much airtime to go around. Consuming it needlessly can negatively impact all devices.

3 Likes

Copy same here we also manage 36 cameras for customers with maintenance contracts,and our service technicians send me a detailed report every Friday and we see no performance issues with Wyze.

Copy same here we also manage 36 cameras for customers with maintenance contracts,and our service technicians send me a detailed report every Friday and we see no performance issues with Wyze

We don’t care what your company does nor what you believe. Just don’t impose your beliefs on everyone.

1 Like

No issues even if they are monitoring from well another place. If you are happy, I am happy.

Anyway the rest of us that care need to chunk these and get a business class set or at least put all this crap on a VLAN. That still does not stop the Google conversation.

You’re out in left field. There is zero evidence of video going anywhere it’s not supposed to. It doesn’t even go to Wyze unless it detects an event and you’ve chosen cloud recording. They are using Google as a cheap and prevalent place to check for connectivity. All people have recorded are these innocuous DNS queries. It IS possible to encapsulate data over DNS but no one has yet claimed that level of subterfuge.

Dude thats no way to talk to a lady i was just telling you what we found…thats it!!

And that’s not the way to behave in a forum; imposing your privacy beliefs on everyone.

Never knew its a forum,looks like email to me FYI

I rest my case

2 Likes

@kae4560, just in case you weren’t aware, everything you post this way appears on a public forum (on a web site on the Internet) for anyone to read. This includes some of your earlier posts that included a signature.

https://forums.wyze.com

It’s not e-mail.

Well sorry for your troubles

Copy that is what i was told Julie service manager.

It seems as though the Community Guidelines may not have been followed recently on this topic.

https://forums.wyze.com/t/wyze-community-guidelines/6796

In this situation, the moderators’ instructions are to temporarily limit posting to the thread. Users will only be able to post one reply in a 60-minute period for the next 48 hours. Continued infractions will result in the closing of comments and calling in a Wyze employee to review the thread.

2 Likes

Can I get your phone number or home address so I can call or come knocking on your door and then hang up or leave 60,000 times a day? Let’s see if that is negligible, I am being slightly sarcastic but also see that this is a very serious issue. It’s definitely not “negligible”. Thank you @Alext for discovering this; most people don’t have the know-how to check their network for things like this; and people that do have the know-how, don’t have the time or make the time.
That’s how hackers get in and how bad things eventually happen.

1 Like