Wyze Cam V3 Crackling/Radio frequency audio issue

Hi everyone, i just wanna ask you guys if you have the same issue as my cam v3 has making very annoying crackling noise or sounds like a radio frequency audio. I tried all the troubleshooting like cleaning up the mic, restart the cam and reset but still it doesn’t go away. Is this some kind of bugs? Have they already fixing this issue? Please let me know if you have an idea regarding this. Thank you in advance

4 Likes

I have 2 v3s. The one I received this week is doing that. The focus also seems to be off with this camera. I put in a support ticket.

1 Like

Yes, same here. I have five Wyze cameras and four currently in use. The V3, interestingly, is hissing like a cat ready to attack. It’s been doing it since I first purchased the camera in Dec. The other Wyze cams (all V2) seem to be okay. Of course my other different make security cams are all okay.

1 Like

I also have a V3 with lots of background hiss, sound has to be very loud to get above this. I have several V2"S that are restively close by and they pick up audio fine, stuff that is closer the the V3 but cant be heard on it. Hopefully they fix this.

1 Like

Everyone needs to submit support tickets for this. This was the response I got when submitting logs:
Thank you for submitting a log! Our engineering team reviews each log to test and improve our products and the Wyze app. They’ve received your log, and are working to see your issue resolved as soon as possible!

My team here in support does not review your log or follow its progress. We’re working on developing a process so that we can track these logs on our end, but it’s still very much in progress. We hope to have the ability to receive more details from your log submissions soon.

3 Likes

Following…have the exact same issue

2 Likes

I originally thought this was a flaw just in my camera, since one v3 did it and another did not. I just noticed my other v3 is making this sound also, so I wonder if it was with the last firmware that was sent out. Either way both my v3’s are making this sound now.

2 Likes

Please do submit a report ticket to their support system, that way they would know the problem and hopefully would’ve take action for this issue. Thank you

I have and I’m waiting to hear back.

I assume you mean an external noise from the camera body or speaker, not just audio recording noise.

On one of my two Wyze V2 cams, there was a subtle crackling/static noise for several days, happening in a random range of every 15-60 minutes. It was like a weak sound of champagne bubbles, easily masked by the noise of a fan. It didn’t go away after a reboot, etc. but has been gone now for several days.

I haven’t noticed any noice coming from the camera. I have noticed it in the app, and the recording saved to the sd card and uploaded to a computer for playback.

All of my V3 cameras have a crackling noise when I listen to them on the app. I have submitted several tickets and have received no response. Was anyone able to figure this out?

3 Likes

Nope. Never heard anything from support either.

1 Like

I also contacted support and submitted a log. I got no resolution. This camera seems to have a serious flaw. The audio is useless. The camera audio has constant digital garble and the mic seems gained up to high. This is very frustrating since the V2 audio is very functional even outdoors.

1 Like

I JUST bought my first cam…V3…based on positive youtube reviews. Nobody on youtube mentioned this issue, but here i am and the cam has this problem. It makes the audio almost useless…and noise detection basically useless. I grabbed a PAN cam as well and that one works great.

So should I try and return the V3 hoping it was just defective? or this seems widespread?

2 Likes

I have 5 V3’s they all sound the same.

2 Likes

It’s widespread. And I’ve heard nothing along with numerous other tickets…

3 Likes

I get much better sound out of the microphone in intercom mode. This leads me to believe that this is a software or firmware bug and that it can be easily fixed. But the silence is quite frustrating.

1 Like

I have 7 V3s and all of them have the static in the audio. I bought them to replace my V2s. Tempted to go back to them as the V2 audio was fine. This appears to be a widespread issue and has been going on for a long time. I even bought another one to see if the problem was resolved in a newer lot. Same issue, I returned it.

Just bought a V3 last week from Amazon.ca. I set it up and everything, when I go to a Live view I’m hearing crackling and beeping sounds. Should I return it? Or should I put in a Wyze support ticket?

1 Like