Wyze Cam v2, Wyze Cam Pan, Wyze Robot Vacuum Firmware Beta Test 5/12/2021

I do recall that the 1.6.130 FW was taking a long time to load, in some cases longer than 30 minutes. They may have pulled it because of the issues individuals were having loading the FW. I was one of the lucky ones and got mine loaded, it took about 10 to 15 minutes.

1 Like

@spamoni4 I can see you put in some serious effort on that list. Thank you for sharing.

2 Likes

I have confirmation from support that this is a known issue now and being worked on. No ETA. If you open a ticket include the URL to this thread.

2 Likes

Yes I did have issues updating to FW 1.6.130 so maybe they pulled it? It would be nice if they posted when FW beta updates are removed after the release and the reasoning behind removing the updates.

@rui.luo @WyzeHongfei do you know the reason Robot Vacuum FW 1.6.130 was removed?

2 Likes

I wonder if I need to upgrade to an interim version first. Been too busy lately to look at the performance of any new Beta firmware on the vacuum, so the latest release resides between my current version and the newest Beta.

I’ve looked and looked, but I seem to be overlooking how to get the beta firmware. It’s not listed on the “become a beta tester” page. that just talks about the app and hardware. Any help would be appreciated.

It’s not obvious for sure. In both the production and Beta apps just go to Account tab > About > Beta Program > Edit and select the devices where you would like to see Beta versions of the firmware.

2 Likes

Thanks for that!

1 Like