Wyze Cam v2, Wyze Cam Pan, Wyze Robot Vacuum Firmware Beta Test 5/12/2021

I joined beta today and the firmware dropped for my Cam v2s. Initially it said for both that the install failed. When I closed and reopened the app it said that they were both installed. Then one of them said that it was disconnected and it took me closing and reopening the app a few times for it to connect.

4.9.7.608 firmware beta has stop capturing or notifying me of any persons . It has broke cam plus

Same here. No audio on the microSD continuous recordings. All three Pan Cams.

I can’t see robot vacuum update 1.6.130, and I have Beta firmware updates selected for the Robot Vacuum. Was the update taken down?

Sometimes you need to go into the actual device and then go to device info and FW. Not sure why this is but on occasion, I had to do this.

There was another post which also indicated that you need to go to the Beta Program Page, edit the devices you want to select, uncheck them all and save the settings. Then go back in and check the devices you want to test with Beta FW and save that. For some reason this triggers a refresh of the Beta FW. I tried that and was immediately prompted with new FW for my devices.

Something to try.

I’ve been loving the Wyze Robot Vacuum and it is doing a great job of vacuuming the first floor of my home.

I like it so much I want to use it upstairs. But that doesn’t work as would require a quick scan and defining no go zones from scratch every time it is moved.

I think the solution is to have the option to have multiple floor plans supported in the app. This way, you can simply tell it what floor plan is the current location and the robot can then do the rest. Optionally to be able to purchase an additional charging station would be great to eliminate the need for moving this very important reference point on the floor plan.

The other application of this idea is that you can move it to another home, and have it do cleaning there too.

The alternative is that I buy another Wyze Robot Vacuum, but that just seems wasteful. I think there is an opportunity here to get more value from the device, with little to no additional expense.

Multiple floor support is available on the beta app with the beta FW but I don’t believe it has been released to the production app yet. You have to manually switch the floor maps though. It is not automatic.

This is great to hear. I’m already on the beta app. I’ll look into beta firmware.

It would be great to be able to purchase another charging station also. Will that need a separate wish list?

I’ve followed the steps for Hardware Beta testing and have the codecenter profile created. Not seeing how to enroll my robot vacuum though.

Centercode is for hardware beta testing which is completely separate. You need the beta firmware which you can enroll by going to your account tab. Click on about. Then click edit and add the vacuum.

1 Like

When I go to the Wyze portal and login I do not see this option. Can you provide more detail please on how the URL please?

https://wyze.com/customer/account/

You need to enroll on your wyze app. Here are some helpful instructions.

2 Likes

LOL So simple. Sorry about that. Using the Android beta app I have now added the Robot Vacuum and waiting for the firmware update to show up. So far nothing. I’m on 1.6.113. I’ll check in a few more minutes.

1 Like

Also, the Wyze Beta app on my Android device is v2.21.12.

1 Like

Still no beta firmware upgrade available. I do have the Robot Vacuum added.

Hmm… That’s odd. The latest beta FW I have is 1.6.30 for the vacuum. I’m not sure how long it takes to update. I thought it was instant. I’m also on Android beta 2.21.12.

I have a support case open on the whole thing.

I’ve been sent over to centercode by support. I submitted a support request there also. I’ll just leave this alone and see if something changes.

It’s not a centercode issue though. You don’t have to be signed up for centercode to update to beta FW. Centercode is for testing beta hardware. I’m not sure why the update has not shown up for you. Do you have a screenshot that shows the vacuum is enrolled in the beta app? Do you happen to have your wyze support ticket?

1 Like

Well, I’m confused, lol. This is a thread about new Beta firmware (1.6.126) being released almost a month ago as I post this. Yet I can only see version 1.6.113 as @jjwatmyself says. 1.6.113 is a released version, so that means no Beta version is available at all ATM. Wyze does have the ability to throttle how many people can download an update, but after a month I would expect it to be readily accessible.

There are 5 posts by @WyzeHongfei in this thread, but I don’t see one that says they are throttling or have pulled the update. But maybe they will reply as to why we can’t see the update (yes, I have the robot vacuum selected for Beta firmware updates, see below).

@cheaplikeafox is the 1.6.30 version you say you have a typo? That would be pretty old, if a version with that version number was even ever released.

2 Likes