Wyze cam V2 with cam plus: person detection not working

In the app, go the Events tab and you will have the option at the top of the screen to filter events by Person or Motion. Just select Person and you’ll be able to see ifit was detecting people or not.

I feel your pain.

My 3 V2 cams with person detection were 95% working and like an idiot I upgraded to the latest firmware yesterday. They no longer capture any motion now. Thanks Waze. Why cannot you guys get it together…???

My CamPlus is identifying birds as VEHICLES,… constantly!

@kansascitygreek
It is not identifying the bird as a vehicle, but the multiple vehicles that are in that video

But, the two blue vehicles belong to me and the neighbor’s car are parked and have been parked for ages and this just started happening today. It’s doing this every time a bird goes into the camera area. I’m getting a ton of notifications today and those are all a vehicle notification. And even if you were correct, it should not be identifying parked vehicles as motion detected.

Thanks! I see that now. My new V3 is not recording many of the people in the ‘active area’. I’m playing with the sensitivity now. Is this buggy? I see a lot of complaints on the web page about motion detection/people detection. I guess I’m there now. :slight_smile:
Appreciate the assist! ~d

You’re not quite getting how it works. The camera picks up motion. It sends a clip up. The Wyze server looks at the footage and determines if there are people/pets/cars in view. The server does NOT (so far as I know) attribute the original motion triggering to any of those particular objects.

I get it completely. My Ring Camera and Nest Cameras give instant notification and THEN send it to the Cloud for identification. Wyze sends it to the Cloud FIRST and THEN sends a motion detected notification. I’d rather skip identification totally if it would give me an instant motion detection notification. It does matter if it’s a person, vehicle, or pet if they are long gone when I get a notification… or if I don’t get one at all… (and that happens as well). This upload delay or failure to notify of motion will be the death of their monitoring service.

Kind regards,

Mihalis

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

No. I am trying to explain to you why it tagged the video as ‘vehicle’ even though it wasn’t motion of the vehicle that triggered the event recording. Think about it.

I realize that… and thank you for trying to help. But the mis-detection for birds as vehicles only started this morning. I have not moved the cars in ages. For some reason, several months ago the detection did exactly what you said as my parked cars were parked and yet, set off vehicle detection repeatedly even without surrounding motion triggering detection. This happened just randomly. Then, that stopped for some reason, thank God. The birds are obviously triggering the detection of movement and being identified as vehicles. The birds have been around all winter as I have a bird feeder and they never triggered the camera’s motion detection…until this morning.

Geesh if this is the way it really works, it’s pretty useless then. I see the Why? team did not jump in and correct this if your assertion was incorrect. Oh well…$20