Wyze Cam v2 will not stay connected.

I have been dealing with rtsp connections consistently dropping from iSpy for 6 wyze cams for a year or better. It got me darn crazy.

Today I moved all my Tasmota/IoT/MQTT devices to a separate wireless router/access point (different wifi SSID too). I have not seen one camera disconnect since.

Btw… Used an old Linksys wrt54g with dd-wrt I had laying around. Yard sales & Thrift stores have them for $3 - $5.

(((Wyze))) again.
Finally.

Just purchased a Wyze Cam v2 to accompany my first generation Wyze cameras and having disconnection issues. It will only stream for about 20 minutes then disconnect. Tried reconnecting through the app but would fail to reconnect. It would instruct me to force close the app or turn off and on the camera. I was able to reboot by reinstalling the camera as I did when I installed the camera for the first time using the app. This has happened twice so far and it being a camera for my front door In a high up position I am not happy about this.

Kudos to the changing wifi channel option in the router management. Seems to be working for me. The shame is if I have to do this with any kind of regularity. What happens when I’m not home and want to monitor my cameras and can’t because of a crowded channel? Seems ridiculous.

I too have connectivity issues, and am beyond frustrated.

My commute is 1.5 hours one way and I got the Wyze Cam to be able to get instant alerts for noise, and to be able to respond to my dogs who on occasion go off in a howling session. A dog walker comes twice a day to check on them/let them out, and my older girl gets lonely is all I can figure, and when the walker leaves my dog (who is large), goes off then my other dog (also large) joins. It’s very disturbing to my neighbors, who could file a legit complaint with the city or animal control.

47 out of 50 attempts to go live don’t work. Too often the noise alerts also don’t work. When I do get a noise alert and try go live to tell my dogs to stop, 99% of the time I can’t connect. Sure, I can review the incident later, but that does me 0 good in the moment. Defeats the entire reason for getting the Wyze.

The message I get is to close the app and reopen it, or to reset the unit. Neither are appropriate or even possible.

Disappointed. Super glad I didn’t buy several more units for outside like I planned. I’ll still get outdoor units, but not Wyze.

If I get cited for a noise complaint because of my howling, lonely old dog, will Wyze pay the fine? Or perhaps pay for dog day care so they’re not at home alone ($65 a day, which is+ why I have a dog walker at 1/2 the price).

Let me know ow you make out with another brand camera. What you buy, how it worked out and what you paid.

Same problem

They’ve upgraded the software, and now it works MUCH better, but tomorrow will be the test, as it’s a commute day and when it’s really important to be able to effectively keep tabs on my dogs.

I also got my Eufy unit in today - will try to have it set up before tomorrow to test at the same time.

Will let you know.

They’ve upgraded the software, and now it works MUCH better, but tomorrow will be the test, as it’s a commute day and when it’s really important to be able to effectively keep tabs on my dogs.

I also got my Eufy unit in today - will try to have it set up before tomorrow to test at the same time.

Access needs to be instant and not fail 19 out of 20 tries. Will let you know.

I think I figured out how to get V2 cameras to stay connected. I did not install under basic camera but the V3 option and haven’t had any issues.