WYZE Cam V2 turning off randomly

Firmware installed 4.9.4.28
Android 9

Cam turns off randomly and I restart it using the power button in the software.

Anyone found a cause for this or have a fix?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Do you have a shortcut to turn it off? Have you checked the cable connected to the back of it to make sure it is properly seated?

0 Likes

No shortcut.
Cable is secure.
:slight_smile:

0 Likes

Is it the default cable or an after market?

0 Likes

Can you please provide a screenshot of what it looks like in the app the next time it happens?

1 Like

Default cable and power cube.

0 Likes

I’ll do that.
I should have also noted that the unit is 4 days old.

0 Likes

The reason I ask is the “Turn off” button in the app is an IoT channel command, and not related to the power source itself. After pressing the button, the screen should have a power button graphic, and the message, “The device is turned off”.

0 Likes

I’ll pay more attention next time it happens.
I’m sure it was off because motion was not triggered even though I passed in front of it many times.
Thanks

1 Like

did you happen to check your motion detection settings? maybe push notifications are off. when you turned it back on were you able to review any footage?

0 Likes

Push notifications is off but there were no recordings at all for about 7 hours.There were numerous cases of activity that should have been recorded.

0 Likes

Is Detects Motion and/or Detects Sound turned on in Event Recording settings for that camera?
Is there a Detection Schedule set?

Check Sensitivity and Detection Zone in the Detection settings for that camera.

0 Likes

My cam connects, and notifies, but only plays 2-3 seconds when I try to live stream.

0 Likes

Yes motion detection is turned on.
Everything was working fine then a couple of times when I checked it the camera was off.

0 Likes

Have you been able to get that screenshot, yet? Please post it here if possible.

1 Like

It hasn’t done it since Friday afternoon.
If it does it again I’ll grab a screenshot.

1 Like

Hi, new user here. I have 3 Wyze cameras and two of them frequently turn off by themselves. When I open the app and click the camera, I’m greeted by the power button and a message that “The device is turned off”, as described by @DreadPirateRush above.

In the few months I’ve had them, I’d had the chance to do a couple of firmware upgrades. The previous firmware version did this also.
All 3 cameras are set to record to local storage 24x7.
“Schedule” = All Day
“Detects motion” = on
Wi-Fi signal strength is 82% or better on all 3 cameras.
Local storage in all 3 cameras is this SD card:
Samsung 32GB 95MB/s (U1) MicroSD EVO Select Memory Card with Adapter (MB-ME32GA/AM)

If I “view playback” through the app, chunks of time are missing from the recordings. (usually until I turn the camera back on)
so I don’t think it’s a false alert from the app. They really do seem to be turning off. I don’t know why they’re turning off without user interaction.

What additional information can I provide to help troubleshoot this?
Thanks!

0 Likes