Wyze Cam v2 RTSP Issue

I’m having an issue with getting my Wyze cams to connect on my network. I’m trying to use the RTSP firmware so that I can use the Cams with my Synology NAS. The cams connect fine on the non RTSP firmware, but always fail on the RTSP firmware. It comes back with an error message saying Connection has timed out. If i look in the DHCP leases, I can see them get an IP address, that will ping, until the camera says the connection has timed out, and then the ping drops. Any ideas what’s going wrong? Thanks for any/all help!

2 Likes

Unfortunately I can’t speak to your problem, but I just set up my Synology Surveillance Station software on my NAS for the first time 4 days ago, using the (Wyze supplied, not GitHub) RTSP firmware for one V2 cam, and one V2 pan cam.
Everything works great for both cams, to my surprise, even with continued 7/24 recording to both the cams’ internal SD cards, as well as to the NAS. My V2 cam is even using a WiFi repeater. The Wyze phone app works same as before, and Synology’s “DS cam” phone app for the NAS works great as well.
I have a dedicated PC monitor displaying each cam in Live View, and use LV’s alerting there.
I’m just impatiently waiting for Wyze to release the RTSP firmware for my V3s now :wink:

1 Like