Wyze Cam v2 & Pan Firmware Beta Test 9/19/2022

Installed just fine on my v2. Will report back if any issues are noticed.

3 Likes

Installed fine on my pan v1 just fine. So far so good.

1 Like

All four v2’s took the update on first push.

Two of four v2 updated successfully from start to finish, however, the other 2 required set up of wifi configurations (and setup did stick afterwards)

1 Like

Still waiting for the WCPv1 OTA update to be available for Android 11, App 2.35.0.b80, current FW 4.10.9.1409

Anybody have the .bin to DM me?

Longshot, but worth a try. Uncheck “Wyze Cam Pan” from the beta projects list (Home > About > Beta Program > Edit), hit “Save” and back out of the app. Go back in, check “Wyze Cam Pan”, hit “Save” and see if the firmware update shows up.

3 Likes

Play the lotto! (Thx!)

But to be more accurate, how’s about I check the status of the checkmark in the first place before I chirp. :man_facepalming: Through all the app uninstalls and reinstalls because of version conflicts, somehow my Pan got unchecked. Never wooda thunk it.

Updated successfully. Time to test.

3 Likes

I thought about that and decided… no way he’d forget. :grin:

1 Like

Thanks for the benefit of the doubt. Very creative way of getting me there. Crafty. But yes. I did forget to double check it. Thx!

1 Like

Pan V1 - FW .1433:

• CP Event Videos cut off during active motion @ ~14s-16s, no full length videos
  • Motion Tracking very choppy, does not keep motion centered in frame, looses motion out of frame and stops tracking mid-motion
  • HD SD Playback choppy, especially during motion tracking active pan, video playback speed varies from slomo to FF to standard regularly.

Log 723155

3 Likes

On v2, still a mysterious time-warp through cloud whenever there is a CP-based detection…

Note the bird flying in, you would expect to see the bird “fly out”… Time is 14:38:55 and suddenly bird disappears and time is 14:38:59 with a 4s (or so) time loss. You can tell once time “resumes” that there is also a notable delay by looking at the leaves/branches in slow-mo before it fully goes back to normal speed.

2 Likes

I’m missing event notifications for my V2s again after this update :frowning: everything is on, no change in settings or permissions, events show up in app but no phone notifications

1 Like

Log 727670

2 Likes

Actually on .1409 v2 cam beta - before I could get .1433, one of my two cams suddenly went offline. As an experienced user I tried all the typical steps to restore its connection, but every time it failed with error-90. Finally frustrated, I flashed last fw released .1002 and it reset and connected fine. Not sure why it suddenly disconnected and glitched on .1409 - only issues I noticed: it feels warmer than I recall but not alarmingly hot, after flashing fw it stopped recognizing the 32 GB SD card, same one I used to flash the FW, same as SD that was in it originally, tried a 16gb and it read it fine, re formatted 32 and tried again, toggle to record to it would not stay on but it did see card was there so formatted it in the cam and now it’s working to let me toggle on the SD recording. As is typical wyze - strange behavior. Not sure if I’ll bother to update this cam to .1433 or leave it on .1002 for now.

Gonna throw it out there, but do you use any custom DNS or DoT (DNS-over-TLS)? I used both set on my router and I guess the Wyze cameras didn’t want to play nicely with it. Because of the firmware’s “security enhancements”, I had to perform a factory reset and remove any custom DNS records because the newer firmware on the cameras didn’t want to play nicely anymore with my settings.

No I don’t. But, if I did have some router or other network thing going on, why would the other exact same model cam on the exact same beta fw not have any connection issue?

That is a good question, I have not received an answer to this one from Wyze yet… haha… I’ve had various cameras work/not work with OFFLINE or “forget wifi” symptoms with various/same firmware revisions with same product lines. When I did remove my custom DNS/DoT settings, all of them worked (more or less, other than BETA bugs), so certainly, that did ‘cure’ my issues.

Other than during hardware beta testing a couple yrs ago, I’ve never before experienced the wifi connection problems that so many others have reported over the years. You’d think by now that beta fw would be stable when it comes to connections. I rarely ever get any replies from support and if I do it’s just the same old script.

Seeing pauses in streaming like others and the detection area window appears to be ignored, with detection events being recorded in the excluded zone on that screen.

I believe this beta test is now over since the firmware has been released to the public.

I posted my issues over there since these bugs are still present.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.