I recently transitioned from a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 to a Netgear Orbi RBR850. Before doing this I researched any issues with Mesh networks having to combine SSIDs across the 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks and was confident I could resolve them.
Here’s how I attempt to connect any of the V2, Pan, or V3 cameras I have:
- Open the router settings on http://192.168.1.1/
- Select Advanced | Setup | Wireless Setup
- Deselect “Enable 5G” from the settings and click apply
- Confirm the router has rebooted
- Power up each camera in turn and connect it to the network
- Once working, confirm the RSTP stream is also connected
- Enable 5G and restart
This should be faultless, but each camera is flaky and inconsistent - and several of the cameras are reporting as offline, for no discernible reason.
Before I raise a ticket with Support, has anyone else had success with a Netgear Orbi setup, and if so what did you do?