Wyze Cam v2 now works with Alexa!

Hey all!

One of the top feature requests we receive is for Wyze to work with Alexa. We heard you loud and clear and are excited to announce Wyze Cam v2 now works with Alexa!

Unfortunately, Wyze Cam v1 will not work with Alexa due to a hardware limitation. We’re really sorry about this! This hardware limitation was one of the biggest reasons why we made v2. We were hearing from a lot of customers that really wanted Alexa integration, and it wasn’t possible with v1.

This is how you can get started with Alexa:

1. Set up your Wyze camera in the Wyze app
  2. Update your camera's firmware to the latest version (via the Wyze app)
  3. Enable the Wyze skill in your Alexa account using the Alexa app, asking Alexa to "enable Wyze skill," or through alexa.amazon.com. You will be prompted to enter your Wyze username & password to authorize Alexa to connect to your camera(s)
  4. Go to your Alexa-enabled device and say "Alexa, discover my devices"
  5. Say any of the following to view your Wyze camera's stream: "Alexa, show me [Camera Name]" "Alexa, show my [Camera Name]" "Alexa, show me the [Camera Name]" "Alexa, show [Camera Name]"
  6. Say either of the following to stop viewing your Wyze camera's stream: "Alexa, stop" "Alexa, go home
We hope this makes our cameras an even more fun and useful tool. We invite you to continue to share the ways you use your cameras and give us your feedback or ideas.

Thanks!!

2 Likes

Hi,

This is good news and I’m glad you’ve posted this at the top. However, it still does not work with Fire TV stick which is what I have.

The Alexa skill page for Wyze says " Fire TV stick is not currently supported. It will be supported soon." Now ‘soon’ is a relative term–for me in this context it means 1-2 weeks. Is this dependent on Amazon or Wyze? I would appreciate it if we get some clarification on this.

Thanks.

When will the skill be on Canadian store?

thanks

Good questions…here is where we are at.

FTV stick – This is an Amazon issue. The issue is with Fire OS 5.2.6.3. It is scheduled to be updated on Aug 6th, so we believe the problem will be fixed at that time.

Fire TV – FireTV gen3 works for now. It has the latest Fire OS 6.2.1.3 (updated 7/11). Fire TV gen2 and gen1 still has older Fire OS 5.2.6.3 which are not working. It has the same issue as the FTV stick, and should work with the update in August.

We made Wyze skills available internationally from our side, so we aren’t sure why you aren’t seeing this. We are following up with Amazon to resolve this. We expect all these issues to be resolved within a few weeks.

Thanks!

Thanks for the updated info

Finally got my fire TV today ,All set up and working great, Linked with my Echo dot,I love it

Well, fire tv 3rd gen, worked for 2 and a half days , It says Cameras don’t work on this device , It still works if I Talk to do voice remote, But As of today not with the echo dot ,I disabled and Enabled My wyze skill, Still not working .

In the Alexa app All my cameras show up In devices , in linked devices is says, fire tv Linked to Alexa apps and echo dot .

It did work once to day , The rest of the time if I say, Show me Front yard camera ,Or other, It says Cameras don’t work on this device .

I realize this probably not be a wyzes Problem but an echo problem ,I am just putting it here .

Any ideas ??

OK, Good news today ,everything Is working As it should, Same as before, I don’t know what the glitch was , I didn’t change anything After my last post So , I guess you just have to have a little patience ?

Nice, glad it’s working. Amazon will do a firmware update on their fire stick devices to resolve a few issues we are seeing. The update was just pushed back the to around August 20th. Any fire stick issues should be resolved at that point.

No problem sense the 26th

This is great, but I have 2 v1’s and 1 v2. After the update, both the V1’s working wonky, as in, not working right at all. Same with V2. Bummed about this. I’m a Wyzecam fan, but had a PanCam that was defective and I had to send back and now this.

Sorry to hear this! We haven’t heard of other v2’s having issues, so we will look into this.

You won’t be able connect v1 because it actually does not work with Alexa due to a hardware limitation. Pan and v2 only.

Please contact support@wyzecam.com with your specific issues and we’ll help you get up and running!

Still no Wyzecam skill from Amazon Canada unfortunately.

Finally, after more than a month waiting for the firmware update, one of my Fire Sticks updated to version 5.2.6.6 and I was able to show the video of one of my cameras. I can now use the voice remote that came with the Fire Stick and say “Show <Camera Name>” and after a 3-5 seconds see the video. This is the first time I’ve seen anyone report this capability working on a Fire Stick TV.

It doesn’t always work–I had to reset my Fire Stick after repeated failures, but it seems to work most of the time. Video seems good with no pixelation like my smart phone. Hopefully bugs will be ironed out and additional features will be added like playback but I can at least see the camera video on my HD TV.

I just received and set up my camera yesterday. Can’t say enough good things about. So feature packed at this price point. However with the Alexa integration I was hoping that the skill would allow me to use the motion feature of the camera for the Alexa routines. Like creating a routine that when the Wyze Cam detects motion a certain smart light switch or bulb will turn on. Currently only my Ring cameras can do this. Are there any plans in the future in adding this function? Thanks.

You can probably accomplish this with IFTTT using the Wyze motion detected “IF” trigger and your smart device as the “THEN” action.

You may also want to hop over and vote for this Roadmap topic:

(You must click VOTE button at the top for your vote to count.)

So I bought 2 of these cams and they set up ok…but I can’[t find the Alexa skill in the Aussie Alexa store? Am I missing something?

1 Like

Most people including myself are reporting that the Alexa skill no longer works. Was it a buggy update? I live in the US and have an Echo Show paired with my Wyze Cam v2. Is this a known issue and how soon can we expect it to be resolved? Thanks!

1 Like

I have an Echo Show V2 and the Wyze skill has been working just fine on that, and my Echo Spot and all 3 FireTV’s. I do have 2 non screen Echo’s a V3 Dot and the original V1 Plus but I have not tried to do anything with Wyze from them. What exactly are you trying to do that is not working?