One of the top feature requests we receive is for Wyze to work with Alexa. We heard you loud and clear and are excited to announce Wyze Cam v2 now works with Alexa!
Unfortunately, Wyze Cam v1 will not work with Alexa due to a hardware limitation. We’re really sorry about this! This hardware limitation was one of the biggest reasons why we made v2. We were hearing from a lot of customers that really wanted Alexa integration, and it wasn’t possible with v1.
This is how you can get started with Alexa:
- Set up your Wyze camera in the Wyze app
- Update your camera's firmware to the latest version (via the Wyze app)
- Enable the Wyze skill in your Alexa account using the Alexa app, asking Alexa to "enable Wyze skill," or through alexa.amazon.com. You will be prompted to enter your Wyze username & password to authorize Alexa to connect to your camera(s)
- Go to your Alexa-enabled device and say "Alexa, discover my devices"
- Say any of the following to view your Wyze camera's stream: "Alexa, show me [Camera Name]" "Alexa, show my [Camera Name]" "Alexa, show me the [Camera Name]" "Alexa, show [Camera Name]"
- Say either of the following to stop viewing your Wyze camera's stream: "Alexa, stop" "Alexa, go home