Wyze Cam V2 not recording for events

I got a Wyze Cam V2, currently on my last day for the free trial of Cam Plus.

I put this camera in my garage and for a few days, Wyze Cam doesn’t record any event. Not only this, it deletes all my previous events recordings!

How to resolve this? Thanks!

Welcome to the forums! I’ll pick a piece and dig into that.

How do you know they are deleted? Are you referring to cloud event clips or sd card local storage clips? Cloud clips stay around for 14 days. Are you selecting the different days to see what happened in previous day’s? If you don’t have any events today, the event tab will be empty until to select a different day at the top.

Thanks for the reply! This camera is in our garage. I have lots of activity in the garage everyday. It used to work fine. I didn’t change location of the camera. So, it should record events for me everyday.

->How do I know they were deleted?
Today is Sep5. On Sep3, I can view the contents recorded on/before Sep1. Today, they’re all gone.

->Are you referring to cloud event clips or sd card local storage clips?
I am referring to the cloud event.

->If you don’t have any events today, the event tab will be empty until to select a different day at the top.
I selected different day on the top (it used to have events recorded), and now it has nothing.

Thanks!

Did you have any events today? Do they show up under today in the event tab? Do you get notifications of events, but they don’t show up in the event tab? Do you have any filters applied in the event tab? If so remove them for troubleshooting. Also power cycle your cam so that the settings refresh on it.

No I don’t see any event on Wyze APP. But I do have activities in my garage. Nothing shows up.

No notification, for several days.

No filter applied to it.

Are you suggesting me to reset the Wyze cam to factory reset, then setup again?

Nope. Power cycle. Unplug and replug in after a handful of seconds.

1 Like

I have person detection subscription. For some reason it does not seem to be working today
Even general motion detection is a hit and miss affair today.
Rebooted. Worked once , then back to the same problem.

Motion Detection is a local affair but Person Detection, as I understand it, requires cloud access.
Since both seem to be affected for you, I would suggest:

1. check your ISP Internet connection to see if you have good speed. Keep in mind that this is a big weekend and with the pandemic the load on servers due to things like Zoom is going to be incredible.
  2. reboot your router and modem. If you have an ISP provided box they will probably be the same box.
    I am assuming when you said “Rebooted” you meant the cam. It probably would be a good idea the reboot it again after rebooting router/modem.

I walked in front of the camera.motion was detected.
Person motion , undetected
Wyze is slowly but surely loosing the plot.
They are introducing new products at a faster rate than what their systems and development team can cope with.

Problem of person detection only started today. Been working perfectly until now.

this works for me. thanks

2 Likes